What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/17 - 10/21

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Not really other games since the Buffs have a much needed bye week.

On to week eight. Getting into crunch time. Some key games for teams hoping to win their conference and have a shot at the playoff or at least something better than the soggy potato chip bowl.

Other teams are just trying to stay competitive and work towards the important six wins and bowl eligibility.

And some coaches are just hoping to win enough games to keep their jobs through the end of the year.

Again we get football all week starting Tuesday night with some g5 (little g on purpose, these are FBS teams but most would get blown out by some of the better FCS programs.)

Best one is Western Kentucky (4-2) at Jacksonville State (5-2). WKU is tied for the CUSA lead at 2-0 in conference with Liberty but Jacksonville is only a game behind.

Liberty (6-0) is already bowl eligible and hosts Middle Tennessee (2-5) on Wednesday, Also that night Florida International (3-4) has lost 3 in a row. Four in a row would be a huge upset because they are at Sam Houston State (0-6) who is trying hard to be the worst team in FBS.

Thursday night gives the nation a chance to see undefeated James Madison (6-0) playing at Marshall (4-2.) Each of these teams has beaten an ACC team this year (bad ACC teams but ACC nonetheless.)

We have had some quality games scheduled on Friday nights this year. This week doesn’t have one of those. We get SMU (4-2) at Temple (2-5.)

Saturday doesn’t take long to get the big games started.

The early games feature Jerry Sandusky’s (7) Penn State Pedos at Gym Jordan’s (3) Ohio State Divert your Eyes. Both teams are 6-0 so this game has big playoff implications.

Also in the national spotlight early (22) Air Force is at Navy (3-3.) Air Force has been excellent this year but the service academy games are often unpredictable as these games are the most important on the schedule for these teams. Air Force leads the nation in rushing at 334.2 ypg (and averaging 5.62 ypc.) while the Navy is 5th at 235.7 ypg (averaging 4.91 ypc.)

Mid-day games include a couple of interesting choices.

Washington State (4-2) which just fell out of the top 25 is at (9) Oregon who is also coming off a loss to Washington. What new level of ugly will Oregon reach with their uniforms?

Biggest SEC game this week is (17) Tennessee at (11) Alabama with the Tide trying to work their way back into the top 10.

Unusual for both of these teams to be unranked, Big 12 game of the day is Oklahoma State (4-2) at West Virginia (4-2) with both teams pushing for bowl position and to move back towards the rankings.

Is Duke for real? (18) Duke starts the evening at (4) Florida State. FSU wants the playoff, Duke wants respect.

Not likely to get any respect, the Mel-Tugger less Michigan State Spartans (2-4) “welcome” their cross-state rivals (2) Michigan. Not only is Michigan pushing for a playoff berth they aren’t likely to forget or forgive last year's incident in the tunnel after the game when two Michigan players were attacked by multiple Michigan State players. Wolverines may put up a very big number.

In another PAC12 battle (14) Utah has all kinds of injury problems but they also have a history of giving all kinds of problems to (18) USC who is coming off getting blown out at Notre Dame last week.

Top ranked Georgia has a bye week.

Tempted to look at the “battle” or better labeled “slaughter” of Michigan as the blowout of the week but that dubious honor goes to Virginia (1-5) who’s only win was against a bad FCS team at (10) North Carolina who has scored 40 or more 4 times this year and 31 in each of the other two against solid defenses.

Again multiple candidates for the garbage game of the week. Avoiding the national news for rape, murder, or drug dealing and other felonies Baylor (2-4) is still committing bad football playing at Cincinnati (2-4.) The Bearcats have lost 4 in a row and it's hard to imagine that only a couple years ago they were in the playoff.

Northwestern (3-3) is a bad team as well but they have been a bad team in prior years and still managed to beat Nebraska (3-3.) If the Huskers are going to have any hope of getting their sweaty, red polyester clad fans out of that barren wasteland for a bowl game they need to win this one because after this their schedule gets much more difficult.

The PAC may provide a big blowout as (5) Washington hosts Arizona State (1-5).

Closer to home Colorado State (3-3) isn’t likely to be in position for another miracle comeback facing UNLV (5-1) in Las Vegas. After this their next two games are Air Force and at Wyoming so their margin to get a bowl game is getting very thin.

As mentioned earlier Air Force is at Navy, Wyoming has a bye week.

Northern Colorado (0-6) is at Cal Poly (2-5) who has lost 4 in a row. Not to be outdone, Northern Colorado has now managed to lose 8 in a row going back to last year. After this one the schedule for UNC gets tougher so if they are going to avoid going winless this is likely their best chance along with the Northern Arizona game near the end of the year.

The small colleges have one more week before the big game of the year between Western and Mines.

This week Colorado Mines (7-0, 5-0) is at Black Hills State (4-3, 3-2)
Western Colorado (7-0, 5-0) hosts New Mexico Highlands (2-5, 1-4)
CSU Pueblo (4-3, 3-2) is at Chadron State (3-4, 2-3)
And Fort Lewis (0-7, 0-5) who only lost by 48 last week is at South Dakota Mines (3-4, 2-3)

Useless trivia, Fort Lewis has had 17 head coaches since they started playing football as a four-year school in 1963. Only one of those coaches has a winning record, Bill Cooke who was there 1984-1987 and went 20-16-1. They have now lost 34 straight games.

Jacksonville state and Liberty have been on tv like every week

Fort Lewis crazy stats. Thanks

Any word on the status of the Air Force QB? He was injured in the Wyoming game and didn't return. Hopefully he is back this season, but last I heard is that he will be out for awhile.

Any word on the status of the Air Force QB? He was injured in the Wyoming game and didn't return. Hopefully he is back this season, but last I heard is that he will be out for awhile.
Larrier had a knee injury, not season ending but likely to take him out for at least the next couple weeks so Jones will be the starter.

Jones is a very good runner and effective running the AFA version of the option. Expect the real drop off to be in passing as Larrier has been much more accurate than most AFA QBs have been completing over 70% of his passes.

Air Force is a much better team this year and they historically have made sure to have an effective backup at QB so I'd expect them to be okay.

If FIU loses at Sam Houston State, Mike MacIntyre will be on a scorching hot seat. And SHSU is favored by 5 points in this one.

As for CU's future conference:

UCF @ OU

OU QB faces his old team and OU should win this one. You would have thought that UCF would have already had a B12 conference win by now. An UCF upset appears unlikely with OU favored by 19 points...oh wait was that the line for CU-TCU?

Baylor @ Cincy

Like UCF, Cincy has yet to win a B12 game. The Bearcats are favored by 3 so just maybe they will beat Baylor.

OSU @ WVU

WVU is a 3.5 point favorite but I'm thinking the Pokes pull out the win.

UT @ Houston

UT has tried at every point to not play at UH's on-campus stadium but I guess Yormark shrugged his shoulders and had Bevo visit UH. UT should win this one but it would be hilarious if UH pulled off a massive upset given UT is a 23.5 point favorite.

TT @ BYU

If there is a B12 team that is underdelivering this season, it would be TT and BYU is the lone newcomer with a Big 12 win. Will the blue Cougars make it two Big 12 wins? Tech is favored by 4.5 points at this point.

TCU @ KSU

Purple bowl is in Manhattan this year and the Wildcats are 6.5 point favorites. I think Chad Morris is still out with an injury but I just don't see TCU winning in Manhattan at this point.

Kansas and Iowa State appear to be on their bye weeks. KU hosts OU and ISU plays at Baylor next week.

Were we aware that Cam Rising ****ed up his knee way worse than was initially reported?

"I wasn't really expecting to do this, but I just want to let everybody know I didn't just tear my ACL," Rising said. "I tore my meniscus, MPFL, and MCL. It was a big surgery and it's not an easy comeback. I've been working my tail off."

Honestly, if Rising isn't coming back, the rest of the Utes' season looks really, really rough.

Somebody with worse pass blocking than CU.

Marshall getting dominated by the James Madison edge rushers

Still had a baseball score well into the 3rd quarter at 3-2 before JMU has finally broken through and tacked on a couple scores. Still 13-2 looks strange.

Zac Larrier won't play for AFA on Saturday. Jensen Jones to start. I'm pulling for that group to run the table-I think it would be cool as hell to see a service academy in the New Year's Six given everything going on in the world.

Jones was up and down last week. Came in and fumbled the ball on back to back plays. Executes a big pitch on the GW TD for the Zoomies, and then got a 15 yard run to ice it.

Very bad injury in the JMU/Marshall game.

Helmet to helmet collision on a tackle, very normal football play except the defender isn't getting up.

Looks like they are going to cart him off to the hospital, hasn't shown the normal signs of being conscious or having ability to control his muscles.

Just got a thumbs up from him as they are taking him off.

What a boring Saturday of college football. This will be a good day to catch up on my math homework.

Air Force QB Larrier is playing and seems to be able to play effectively.

Tough game for both schools because they know each others systems inside and out.

Neither team can get anything close to a drive put together but AF has been able to hit some big passes including a 94 yard for the games only score.

Air Force with 221 total yards at the half, Navy with a total of 20 and 20 penalty yards against so they have a net of 0 for the half.

As bad as Navy has been on offense getting the sense that if AF can put another TD on the board this game will be effectively over.

As bad as Navy has been on offense getting the sense that if AF can put another TD on the board this game will be effectively over.
Navy has 33 yds total offense and there’s 6:40 left in the game. But these service academy games aren’t over till they’re over. Still 10-0….

Is Washington the most impressive team in the country to this point? I mean, Georgia and Michigan I get, but neither have played anyone. Ohio State and Penn State just pretty equally meh

The CFB season just goes by too quick to not enjoy each and every Saturday as much as I can. But I also totally get that people have other priorities and not all Saturday's have as many big matchups
I agree. I look forward to it all Summer and before you know it, the season is more than half over. I am thankful that we have a HC who is going to keep the off-season just as fun with the recruiting/portal.

Penn State QB sucks
Game is too big for him
I would prefer Penn State win the Big10 cause of Franklin, but they are not good today

Back