What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/4 - 10/7

Nub QB #10 is functional and then some. Should have started all along.
Nubs are trapped in the 90's, they want their QB to be a triple option guy, not a modern passer.

Haarberg is as effective a QB as they have had in a while including Martinez.

They insist though on running him into linebackers multiple times per game though and I'm just waiting for him to be sidelined with an injury and then they will blame the rest of their losses on the guy who makes the tackle.

KSU’s Howard throws another INT…he did throw a pick six earlier. Guess Stillwater can still be tough to play at.

Last chance for KSU and OSU bats down a pass on 4th down. Tough night for Howard.

Neither KSU or Okie State look like they are as good as they have been in recent years.

Yeah both took a step back while OU & UT want to win one last Big -2 title. Could be awhile before either wins a SEC championship.

Mike Gundy is still a man. He admitted that he and his staff didn’t do a good job coaching before their bye week last week.

OSU doesn’t play Texas but they host OU at home and after that, it’s three against the new B12 members: @UCF, @UH, and BYU. They host KU next week followed by @WVU, and then UC before hosting OU.

Maybe OSU wins out in this case but we will see. Gundy is a heck of a coach.

Illinois might go winless in the B1G. Indiana and NW are their only shots at a win.

That turnover in the red zone was classic husker. Sadly Illinois doesn't have the horses to give nebraska what they're used to.

I could see the future conferences booting teams that don't add value.
I don't think that there's any reason to have different conferences. It's not desirable to have governing bodies with different rules bargaining for separate deals.

I strongly believe we're heading for a new D1 for football in a decade.

I think conferences will be for all other sports. And I think that's ideal for CU with this new Big 12 being where we park basketball, volleyball, soccer, t&f, XC, golf, tennis, eventually baseball/ softball, etc.

Last edited:
I could see the future conferences booting teams that don't add value.
I think eventually we see the top schools 30-50 schools completely dump the NCAA and dump the conference model to create their own governing body and revenue generation and distribution system.

If/when that happens a large number of schools that don't generate the TV ratings will be left behind, not unlike the situation that Washington State and Oregon State are in right now.

Back