What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games - Week 1 - FIVE STRAIGHT DAYS OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL

I did. Loved his defenses at Notre Dame and prior.
I'm willing to bet that any DC that MM brings in going forward will be a glorified position coach and playcaller only, and because of that, I doubt we will ever see an established DC be brought in.

Last edited:
https://www.theuconnblog.com/2017/9...a-uconn-huskies-former-head-coach-poopy-pants

Ayy lol. I wanted us to hire Diaco too and I still think he's probably a good DC. But after hearing a little bit more about him (and how much it would have cost to hire him) I don't think it would have been a good fit. I don't think there's any way he would have allowed coaching the defense to be a team effort and I imagine he and MM would have gotten into it as well. That said, I also think he would have had an easier time here with the system already being in place.

Anybody else get the feeling that Riley is going to wish he had gone anywhere but Nebraska.

The fans and the boosters want to believe this is still the 90's, that Nebraska is a perennial contender for the NC, that they are the dream school for top recruits nationwide.

Instead they are in over their head in the B1G, they have lost much of their appeal to recruits, especially since they no longer regularly play in Texas and Oklahoma where recruits families can see them every year.

Remember when they fired Solich after he won 9 games, they are going to be dreaming of winning 9 games in the future, even with scheduling a couple cupcakes in OOC each year like Arkansas State was supposed to be.

Let them fire Riley in 2023 or whenever.........after we're done with them.

Let them fire Riley in 2023 or whenever.........after we're done with them.

At this point don't think it matters. The era of Nebraska football being a powerhouse is over, doesn't matter who the coach is.

They can't sell being a perennial powerhouse like they were able to. They still can hang up signs and banners but how long has it been since they have been in the discussion for National Championships, they aren't even a threat to win their own conference now.

Texas recruits no longer flock to them, they have to battle for California Recruits. Who wants to go to Siberia in the Midwest if you aren't going to be playing for a guaranteed winner?

They can change coaches but the underlying issues are still there.

DJ Eliot got a shout out in this weeks Forde Yard Dash as the best coordinator debut. Pretty cool to see.

On the gummy dick scale of 1 to 10, Elliot delivered a solid zero. Nice job DJ.

Big time college football is the best and the absolute worst at the same time. I'd venture to guess there's a lot of overlap between radical college football fan and extreme Nationalist guy.
Too often people forget it's supposed to be fun and that's all it's supposed to be. As a fan, it's a diversion from real life to enjoy. Sometimes I take it too seriously and I'm self critical about that. Then I see something like this aTm "fan" (or that guy who killed all those trees a few years ago -- or half the callers who get through to Finebaum's show) and it's a nice reminder that I'm actually staying on the fun side of the fan spectrum.

Too often people forget it's supposed to be fun and that's all it's supposed to be. As a fan, it's a diversion from real life to enjoy. Sometimes I take it too seriously and I'm self critical about that. Then I see something like this aTm "fan" (or that guy who killed all those trees a few years ago -- or half the callers who get through to Finebaum's show) and it's a nice reminder that I'm actually staying on the fun side of the fan spectrum.
I go through at least a few of the five stages of grief (anger and depression being the two main ones) when the Broncos and Buffs lose (although I had become somewhat numb to the Buffs losing), which in the grand scheme of things, means I'm taking it all way too seriously. This sort of thing, however, is on an entirely different level.

DJ Eliot got a shout out in this weeks Forde Yard Dash as the best coordinator debut. Pretty cool to see.
Forde also had CU listed in Playoff consideration:
With all that in mind, The Dash would put this quartet in the field if selections were being made today:
Alabama (7). Last game: Wore down and eventually suffocated Florida State, 24-7, in Atlanta. Even after major personnel losses defensively and an inconsistent performance offensively, the Crimson Tide looks like the best team in the nation until proven otherwise. It easily handled the challenge of an experienced team many believed would be the best in the Atlantic Coast Conference. Next game: home against Fresno State on Saturday.
Ohio State (8). Last game: Rolled in the last 20 or so minutes to beat Indiana, 49-21, in Bloomington. The downfield passing game remains a question. The running game, sparked by freshman J.K. Dobbins, is not. The pass rush will be scary. The secondary will scare Urban Meyer. Next game: home against Oklahoma on Saturday.
Virginia Tech (9). Last game: Won an entertaining, back-and-forth battle with West Virginia, 31-24, in Landover, Md. The Hokies appear to have a keeper in new quarterback Josh Jackson (336 yards total offense, two touchdowns, zero turnovers). They have a go-to receiver in Cam Phillips. And they have Bud Foster dialing up defenses. Good building blocks. Next game: home against Delaware on Saturday.
UCLA (10). Last game: Performed miracle comeback to beat Texas A&M, 45-44, in Pasadena. The Dash doesn’t love including any team capable of falling behind by 34 points at home – but The Dash does love a team capable of rallying from that deficit and winning. The Bruins get the playoff nod over Michigan because they played a better opponent – Florida was both very shorthanded and very bad against the Wolverines. Next game: home against Hawaii on Saturday.
Also considered: Michigan, LSU, Maryland, Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, Colorado, California, South Carolina.

Aggy fan gonna Aggy. WTF is wrong with people? :(

That's awful. What's wrong with people? I get the frustration with the teams performance. Any Buff fan would. But what kind of human garbage does something like that?

I have LSU fan to remind me of that.

I know that as CU fans, we have recently had a decade plus of ****tiness to put things in perspective, but there are plenty of Broncos fans that I feel are on the cusp of this kind of behavior. Hopefully Vance succeeds anyway, but I really hope that if things go south for him, no dip**** hillbilly ****stick pulls this **** on him.

I know that as CU fans, we have recently had a decade plus of ****tiness to put things in perspective, but there are plenty of Broncos fans that I feel are on the cusp of this kind of behavior. Hopefully Vance succeeds anyway, but I really hope that if things go south for him, no dip**** hillbilly ****stick pulls this **** on him.
So, suspected of almost being guilty by no association?

So, suspected of almost being guilty by no association?

You mean other than living here my whole life and knowing that the intermountain west is full of rabid Broncos fans and plenty of racist ****wads?

Come on - all I said is that I could see it. Broncos fans are spoiled, and a lot of them take it way too seriously. And yeah, there's a lot of ****ty people out there.

My neighbor is a racist. I think he's a Virgina Tech fan.

This is a one-off statement. Not cause and effect.

Back