What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Week of 10/5-10/8

I can not believe I am watching Game Day at KANSAS because KU & TCU are undefeated... and we suck.

I remember getting to the Coors Center area around 2 am in 1995 when CU played Texas A & M (Hessler game) and talking to the Game Day staff. Our group of 10 kids then got to meet Fowler, Corso, and Craig James.

Corso took my "Grand Poohbah Buffalo" hat to wear on his pick.

They came TWICE that year to Boulder. I wonder how many times that happened.

I can not believe I am watching Game Day at KANSAS because KU & TCU are undefeated... and we suck.

I remember getting to the Coors Center area around 2 am in 1995 when CU played Texas A & M (Hessler game) and talking to the Game Day staff. Our group of 10 kids then got to meet Fowler, Corso, and Craig James.

Corso took my "Grand Poohbah Buffalo" hat to wear on his pick.

That was your hat? That's awesome.

Speaking of Kansas, a couple of weeks later, Corso said on Gameday that we were the best team in the nation, and promptly went out and let Eric ****ing Gallon run wild on us.

That was your hat? That's awesome.

Speaking of Kansas, a couple of weeks later, Corso said on Gameday that we were the best team in the nation, and promptly went out and let Eric ****ing Gallon run wild on us.
I am trying to find the video of Game Day on that date. I have a VHS copy... but the staff at Game Day told our group where to stand so that we would get a lot of TV time. they basically placed us where they would show our group underneath Corso's and James' arm when they did the solo shots of them.

I am trying to find the video of Game Day on that date. I have a VHS copy... but the staff at Game Day told our group where to stand so that we would get a lot of TV time. they basically placed us where they would show our group underneath Corso's and James' arm when they did the solo shots of them.
Attending Game Day and then the game is a loooonnnng day.

What time you have to be there for that?
Both times i went, about 6am ET.

the show started at 8, bit they'd do cutins from Sports Center starting 7.

The second time i just wanted it to be over by 9am. A cool experience for a fan do....once.

The Venables era seems to be going great for OU, did they finally mit’s on their string of good coaching hires?

Last edited:
The Venables era seems to be going great for OU, did the finally mess up their string of good coaching hires?
I expect that he'll get it fixed and end up being successful.

OU is changing everything about its program identity by going from Riley to a Venables. That's tough and was probably a mistake considering how much success they'd been having.

OU is changing everything about its program identity by going from Riley to a Venables. That's tough and was probably a mistake considering how much success they'd been having.

I think he tops out as an 8-4 type coach.

Has Dabo had any assistants that didn't suck ass as a HC? Scott and Morris might be two of the worst hires of the last decade and Elliot and Venables appear to be looking to join them. Impressive how well he carries that program considering he didn't have a huge background of X's and O's.

****ing OU doesn't have a QB who can go. Once I saw their TE playing QB, I left it on Kansas, TCU.

Back