What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Week of 11/1-11/5

I'd put LSU over USC.
Probably but losses matter and LSU has 2 of them, including to an unranked FSU team and a blowout to Tennessee.

I will say, as exciting as it is to see Bama out of the CFP picture and teams like TCU, Oregon, SC and Tennessee legitimately in the conversation, I think a CFP that includes TCU and USC/Oregon for example, along with tOSU and UGA, sets up for a fairly lopsided playoff with Georgia coasting.

They don’t deserve to go, but Bama is probably the only team that would give UGA a game, IMO.

Good day of ball. SEC and fandom on full display. TCU vs UT should be good next week. Playoff pic is relatively clear unless we get chaos.

Good day of ball. SEC and fandom on full display. TCU vs UT should be good next week. Playoff pic is relatively clear unless we get chaos.
TCU losing would make it so murky.

If the UM-OSU game is a 1-score game, is there a 1-loss team we'd put ahead of the loser?

What if we ended up with, say, UGA & OSU as the undefeated top seed locks - do 1-loss Vols and Wolverines who didn't win a division title get into the playoff instead of 1-loss conference champs? Possibility of 1-loss Clemson or UNC from the ACC, USC or Oregon or UCLA from the Pac-12, and a 1-loss Big 12 champ TCU.

Or, for more chaos, a 1-loss Ole Miss or 2-loss LSU beats UGA in the SEC Championship. These next 4 weeks are going to be a blast.

Probably but losses matter and LSU has 2 of them, including to an unranked FSU team and a blowout to Tennessee.

I will say, as exciting as it is to see Bama out of the CFP picture and teams like TCU, Oregon, SC and Tennessee legitimately in the conversation, I think a CFP that includes TCU and USC/Oregon for example, along with tOSU and UGA, sets up for a fairly lopsided playoff with Georgia coasting.

They don’t deserve to go, but Bama is probably the only team that would give UGA a game, IMO.

Nah. Bama would get smoked. That team is just not close to great.

Depends on if Bryce Young is dialed in. When he's on, Bama elevates above what's a rebuilding year team for them.

He is their entire offense for large stretches of games. For whatever reason, O'Brien refuses to run the ball, which is weird considering the WRs are average. Young is just scrambling them open half the time.

It is fun to talk about all the playoff permutations, but the funny thing is that UGA is probably going to coast, now that they've gotten the big game pantshitting bug worked out.

So we're really talking about the 3 runners-up.

saban is currently taking a dump on bill's desk this am so that he knows he is fired.

it is a good morning.

Depends on if Bryce Young is dialed in. When he's on, Bama elevates above what's a rebuilding year team for them.
He can elevate them against good teams, he isn't close to enough to elevate them to compete with Georgia (or Ohio State/Michigan.)

Here's a scenario for you in the SEC-let's say LSU, Georgia, and Tennessee all win out. LSU then beats UGA in Atlanta.

What do you do if you're the committee?

I'm taking LSU/Tennessee and leaving UGA out.

H2H UGA over Tenn. Easy decision for committee.
Maybe. I think Tennessee's in assuming they win out and Ohio State-Michigan isn't a 2016 type classic of a game. Tennessee's also got the 27 point win over LSU, while Georgia would have a loss to them in that hypothetical.

Not likely because I think Georgia's ahead of pretty much everybody right now. They'll win the SEC.

Maybe. I think Tennessee's in assuming they win out and Ohio State-Michigan isn't a 2016 type classic of a game. Tennessee's also got the 27 point win over LSU, while Georgia would have a loss to them in that hypothetical.

Not likely because I think Georgia's ahead of pretty much everybody right now. They'll win the SEC.
You don’t make any sense. In your scenario, Tennessee and Georgia both have one loss. Georgia blew out Tennessee and played in the CCG. Georgia is in and there is no debate

Here's a scenario for you in the SEC-let's say LSU, Georgia, and Tennessee all win out. LSU then beats UGA in Atlanta.

What do you do if you're the committee?

I'm taking LSU/Tennessee and leaving UGA out.
You take the team that doesn't even win their division? What?

You don’t make any sense. In your scenario, Tennessee and Georgia both have one loss. Georgia blew out Tennessee and played in the CCG. Georgia is in and there is no debate
Bad example then. I have a hard time seeing a scenario where Tennessee's not one of the four. That resume's better than what Michigan, TCU, USC, or Oregon have done to this point.

I thought the LSAT was supposed to require basic critical reasoning?

Bad example then. I have a hard time seeing a scenario where Tennessee's not one of the four. That resume's better than what Michigan, TCU, USC, or Oregon have done to this point.

Every single one of those teams has at least one big opportunity to make a statement down the stretch, some will a couple. Tennesse has no such opportunity.

Every single one of those teams has at least one big opportunity to make a statement down the stretch, some will a couple. Tennesse has no such opportunity.
They have wins over Alabama and LSU already. If Georgia "blew out" Tennessee, how do you explain Oregon's performance against them?

Back