1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other games weekend of 10/6-10/8

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MtnBuff, Oct 5, 2016.

1. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Another fun weekend of college football games. Of course the real fun comes when our #18 (or #21) CU Buffs beat USC but that isn't what this thread is for.

Top 25 match-ups this weekend.
    #1 Alabama has one of their better chances to stumble visiting #16 Arkansas.
    Also in the SEC (The we get ranked because we are conference)
    #9 Tennessee goes to #8 aTm. Time for FoodCart to start to fall from grace, A&M is tough in Kyle Field.

Same part of the country but different league
    #23 (How are they still there?) Free Shoes U plays #10 Hooker and Blow university also known as Miami.
    #25 Virginia Tech at #17 North Carolina, One moves up in the rankings the other likely falls out.

Thursday games lack anything notable
    Friday we get #3 Clemson coming off a huge win traveling to play 3-2 Boston College, not likely but they could slip here.

Saturday should be a fun one with a lot of interesting games.
    Will 2-3 Notre Dame continue it's fall against 3-1 North Carolina State?
    Does Charley Strong get fired in season after an ugly loss to rival #20 Oklahoma, a team with a coach who also needs the win to keep the heat off?
    TCU is having a disappointing season at 3-2 but still have a lot of speed. Do they lay 70 on a Kansas team that may be worse than most FCS teams?
    How does LSU do after their coach was fired against #18 Florida
    How badly does #8 Washington coming off a big win over Stanford take out their frustrations against a suddenly not impressive Oregon team that has rolled up the score against the Huskies on a regular basis in recent years?

We don't get to look forward to a Fusker loss this week since they are on a bye. Ironic since they apparently want a permanent bye from the B1G and to go back to the B12 where they can pad their record against powerhouses like Kansas, Iowa State, etc every year.

Locally an undefeated 4-0 AFA goes to a suddenly improving (but still not good) Wyoming.

The Sheep host the mighty Utah State Aggies in a pillow fight of 2-3 teams.

FCS
    The 3-1 University of Northern Colorado Bears go to 4-1 Eastern Washington who's only loss came 50-44 to powerhouse North Dakota State and who beat Washington State this year. Bears are much improved but this may be to much to ask for.

Small Schools
    Undefeated Colorado Mesa goes to Black Hills State
    Colorado Mines host Azusa Pacific

2. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

This really plays to your strengths.

BuffNut99, J.R. Ewing, dply and 3 others like this.
  3. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Food cart stumbles against Aggie.
    UNC exposes VT as poseurs.
    Domers lose a close one on the road.
    UT upsets OU. Stoops' nepotism fails on "D"....again.
    After curb-stomping Mizzou, the real Tigers (LSU) lay one on McEl-putz.
    Zoomies go to 5-0
    After a scoreless pillow fight, the Mormon Aggies beat the Orange-clad Aggies, 3-2 in a power tiddlywinks chip-off! (The entire reffing crew walked off after regulation, due to mind-numbing boredom.)
    Mines kicks some Ass-uza!

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

ACC Coastal is about as wide open as the Pac12 South this year. Miami, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Pitt all in contention. The Heels have looked good and have a win in Tallahassee and a key win over Pitt under their belts already. Miami has looked good but hasn't faced much yet. Virginia Tech has the most favorable schedule of the bunch. You can make a case for any, though Pitt blowing a lead and losing 37-36 at North Carolina will probably prove to be a knockout blow down the road for the Panthers.

As for Thursday, BC is pretty horrendous. The 3 wins are over UMass, Wagner, and Buffalo. Clemson may sleepwalk a bit, but that game won't ever seriously be in doubt regardless of what the scoreboard says. VT beat these guys 49-0. BC hasn't won an ACC game since November 2014. Please, somebody, get them out of the ACC.

5. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Have you seen their schedule this year? Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Fresno State, Wyoming, Minnesota, Iowa.... Those are all bad teams.

6. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

I hear the B1G may have an opening soon.

7. MtnBuff

Might fit well with Kansas in the B12.

8. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

It always surprises me how consistently bad every Northeastern school is at football. You'd think one or two would come through with a legitimate contender at least once in a while.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Syracuse used to be pretty great. Can get there again. Not sure that any others besides Rutgers have the potential.

10. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

Pedo State won a couple of MNCs back in the day (i.e., the 80s) ... and BC was actually a pretty strong program for quite awhile (e.g., Doug Flutie). And we played them in a bowl game in 2000 IIRC. But you're right, no northeastern school has seriously competed for a national title in recent memory.

sliderNcider likes this.
  11. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

SIAP but according to twitter it sounds like the Florida / LSU game has been cancelled and Florida successfully fought off an offer to move it to Baton Rouge. The teams will try reschedule if possible.

Alfred91 likes this.
  12. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Once any coach has success, he starts to believe HEAVEN is located in FLA, because he's been subjected to the cold hell of NEastern weather!

13. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

McEl-putz dodges HUGE bullet.

14. Buffnik

Temple within 7 at Memphis with 6:47 left.

15. MtnBuff

Georgia - South Carolina game postponed for weather. At this point I don't think Georgia minds, they still haven't gotten it together barely getting bye their first three opponents (including a 26-24 escape against mighty Nichols State) before losing the last two. S. Carolina might be one of their easier opponents left but also would be an embarrassing loss.

Also looking like we are going to get to hear all the whining again from the Boise State fans. They are undefeated and should run through a weak MWC the rest of the year. They have wins over Wazzou and Oregon State, two bad (pathetic) P5 teams and the rest of their schedule is pure
    [​IMG]
    Where do they end up the year?

16. MtnBuff

@CVilleBuff was right. BC stinks and Clemson is swamping them easily.

Georgia-SCarolina now moved to Sunday along with a couple other games.

17. CVilleBuff

Winless in ACC play in football and basketball last year. If they don't beat Syracuse at home in two weeks they'll be going winless again in all likelihood. But hey, it's worth having the Boston TV market!

CarolinaBuff likes this.
  18. CVilleBuff

Does Syracuse have that potential? They should, but I'm beginning to wonder. The Carrier Dome sucks for football these days and recruiting just isn't happening. Classes from 45-65 are going to get you killed, even in the ACC.

19. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Miami's season really heats up over the next 5 games - FSU, UNC, @VT, @ND, Pitt. Wide range of what they could go over that stretch but if they're for real 5-0 is not out of the question.

20. MtnBuff

That stretch looked much more difficult 5 weeks ago.

Alfred91 likes this.
  21. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I don't want Miami to win anything, but I would love for Richt to win out as a nice **** you to uga and the sec.

aik likes this.
  22. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Fuxk you! I win everyday bitch!

23. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Gameday at A&M looks like the worlds largest sausage party.

24. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

FIFY

FlatironsBuff and onealcd like this.
  25. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Damn I didn't know Corso had a stroke? No wonder he has been struggling so much.

26. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

The stroke was seven years ago. They slowly brought him back, but it was around that time they had Desmond/David Pollack coming in as the 4th guys along with Herbie and Fowler because they wanted to limit Lee's time on set. I think he's done much better than expected coming back from that, but his age is really showing now in addition to the other health problems.

27. Buffnik

My weekly dilemma:

I'm a fan of Charlie Strong and loathe UT.

28. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

Me too. I'd like to see him lead UT to a bowl game, win it, and then say "**** you I'm outta here, you ****ing rednecks!"

29. Buffnik

Yep. I'd like to see him at a place like Georgia Tech. He'd build a program like that back into a national power and actually get the support/love from the community that he deserves.

SBG likes this.
  30. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Same. I like the idea of enough big game wins (like over OU) that make CS's resume look good enough that he doesn't get fired immediately and bolts on his own accord to a school like Kentucky or Auburn that will offer him good money. The lack of head coaching consistency probably causes another rift between coaches' recruiting classes at UT no matter who they hire as the replacement and it takes another couple of years of starting over. Fans and boosters grumbling that "Maybe we should have given Charlie more time." That's fun to watch.