What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU President Boren on what Boomer's thinking

I agree, no UT at all. To me UT is the rich stuck up b**ch cheerleader that people were drawn to because of money and popularity but they can't deal with the conceited egotistical side any longer, and want to distance themselves from it.

I am also hearing that OU might go to the Big 10.....

The plot thickens..... They are quietly pissed at Texas.....

I agree, no UT at all. To me UT is the rich stuck up b**ch cheerleader that people were drawn to because of money and popularity but they can't deal with the conceited egotistical side any longer, and want to distance themselves from it.
No matter how hot she is, somebody, somewhere, is sick of her ****. OU to the Big 10 seems morally wrong.

"But Texas' move to the Pac-12 would also be difficult because of the legislative heat the Longhorns would likely face. Legislative sources said Friday night that part of the reason Texas A&M was allowed to withdraw from the Big 12 was because of assurances from the rest of the Big 12 that the league would survive.

Now that it appears the Big 12 is in serious jeopardy, lawmakers will not be so passive, sources said.

Two Big 12 sources said if Oklahoma and Texas are preparing to lead a charge to the Pac-12 there would almost certainly be a tortious interference lawsuit filed against the Southeastern Conference. That's if Texas A&M indeed submits its application for membership to the SEC next Tuesday or Wednesday as expected, according to sources.

"Texas A&M leaving has started this whole thing," one source said. "There is a big-time lawsuit here."

No, there is no lawsuit here... LOL to think that Texas legislators think they have authority over any outside conference... they got 'nuthin, except a crumbling conference created by a UT program that isn't even worthy of being shown this week in the majority of Texan households:lol:

I still think OU is hitched to UT because the Sooners recruit so heavily in the state of Texas.

i don't know if that's true. they recruited Texas pretty well when they weren't in the same conference. the OU boards are pretty lively this AM....with talk that Prez Boren was smiling like the Cheshire Cat. a Big XII "source" says "OU is holding all the cards"....and that OU has offers from more than one conference as of last week. more or less. with the Big Ten in the mix, and Boren commenting about "letting the OU-NU rivalry get away"....which is hogwash since OU sucked in 1996.

The future is 16 team conferences. We should be choosers and not beggars in the end. Embrace the fact the conference is going to expand. We want CU to be a premier school in a premier conference, this is what has to happen for that to be.

To those of you who want us to fall behind and stay a 12 team conference :finger:

I am not taking offense to your post but it brings up a question that I have been mulling. How if we stay a 12 team conference are we going to get left behind?

Granted a 16 team conference has the potential to bring more money to the table. However depending on the teams added does it necessarily bring more money to each school?

The geography to me is fairly important. If you get a bunch of plains teams into the Pac 16, can it have the effect of ailenating some of the existing fan base. Humans by nature are pretty simple and if the picture becomes complicated I can imagine people loosing interest and watching their pro team again. And we have already seen that the people on the west coast do not seem to give a **** about Utah and Colorado. Are they really gonna be able to care about Texas tech and OU and vice versa?

Then there is the issue of increasing the clout of your conference. I guess the argument runs that if you add OU and TX we instantly increase the number of top 25 teams in our conference. However with the new money coming in to our existing conference wouldnt a little time make all of our teams more competetive? Then there is the issue if we (or anyone) goes to 16 then it seem less likely to have an undefeated team come out of that conference. If we beat ourselves up too much then do we really increase our clout?

I am not trying to argue for staying at 12 but I am not convinced that 16 is necessarily going to be better, or that we are going to be less relevant some how. Everyone just says things like "16 is coming and if we dont expand we are totally ****ed!" but they never say why we would be ****ed. Myself I see the potential for a 16 team conference to be unwieldy, akward and in the end not any better, or perhaps worse than 12. For me to get on board with the idea someone needs to explain how a 16 would be better than a 12 and how a Pac 12 would wither up and die if we dont expand. Like I said not trying to pick a fight just trying to hear an argument about how this benefits us. And I really would like to play some new teams for a while.

Last edited:
Here's the problem for Pac-12 if the Big 12 gets back to 12 or if OU goes to the Big Ten and Missouri goes to the SEC.

When the 16 team conferences do happen, and it will, the Pac-12 faces the problem of getting boxed in by other conferences.

Say the Big 12 gets back to 12 by offering BYU, Louisville and Pitt (as has been rumored). They will have opened up the opportunity to expand to the north and east in the future. Or, the Big Ten picks up OU and KU and Big 12 crumbles while Mizzou goes to the SEC.

Where would the Pac go to expand? Obviously the Pac would have to go to UT if it was possible, and then the Pac has nowhere else to go except either duplicate markets (like BYU) or schools with significant athletic and academic dropoffs (like UNM, UNLV, and SDSU).

It seems that what we really want for the conference is, unfortunately, UT, OU, KU and another Big 12 school (probably Okie State), serious concessions from UT, and pod scheduling. One thing that comforts me about UT in a Pac-16 is that they would be one of 16 with a max of 3 other suckup schools, as opposed to 1 of 12 with 5-7 other suckup schools. What scares me is getting sucked back into the Big 12 rotation of roadies.

The future is 16 team conferences. We should be choosers and not beggars in the end. Embrace the fact the conference is going to expand. We want CU to be a premier school in a premier conference, this is what has to happen for that to be.

To those of you who want us to fall behind and stay a 12 team conference :finger:

I'm not embracing ****. Adding 4 teams that are ahead of us in terms of facilities and money isn't going to help us compete any faster. No to the Pac 16 until we get our house in order.

Here's the problem for Pac-12 if the Big 12 gets back to 12 or if OU goes to the Big Ten and Missouri goes to the SEC.

When the 16 team conferences do happen, and it will, the Pac-12 faces the problem of getting boxed in by other conferences.

Say the Big 12 gets back to 12 by offering BYU, Louisville and Pitt (as has been rumored). They will have opened up the opportunity to expand to the north and east in the future. Or, the Big Ten picks up OU and KU and Big 12 crumbles while Mizzou goes to the SEC.

Where would the Pac go to expand? Obviously the Pac would have to go to UT if it was possible, and then the Pac has nowhere else to go except either duplicate markets (like BYU) or schools with significant athletic and academic dropoffs (like UNM, UNLV, and SDSU).

It seems that what we really want for the conference is, unfortunately, UT, OU, KU and another Big 12 school (probably Okie State), serious concessions from UT, and pod scheduling. One thing that comforts me about UT in a Pac-16 is that they would be one of 16 with a max of 3 other suckup schools, as opposed to 1 of 12 with 5-7 other suckup schools. What scares me is getting sucked back into the Big 12 rotation of roadies.

you hit the nail on the head-

Scott knows that 16 team conferences are going to happen sooner than later so I believe he's being proactive trying to get the PAC house in order and choose who HE wants ... not what politics in the state of Texas wants.

you hit the nail on the head-

Scott knows that 16 team conferences are going to happen sooner than later so I believe he's being proactive trying to get the PAC house in order and choose who HE wants ... not what politics in the state of Texas wants.

I like the mix of the Pac-12. I would like things to shake out so that the Pac could stay just the way it is now. But it doesn't look at all like it's going to work that way. The $EC is already expanding with aTm. Somebody is talking to OU (Big Teneleventwelve, $EC or Pac-12, or some combination thereof). I'm not sure the Pac needs to expand to keep up with that, since they've already got enough teams for a CCG.

But at some point they've got to address the fact that there's a shortage of premiere programs anywhere in their reach. If OU and (sadly) UT get away, and it becomes necessary to get to 16 at some point, picking and choosing from the BYUs, Boises, New Mexicos, or whoever is left from the Big XII isn't going to strengthen the Pac. Scott knows this, and I'm convinced based on what he's done so far that he's not about to let it happen. Which is why I'm more and more convinced that, as much as I DO NOT WANT IT, we're looking at the Pac making a move to bring in UT, OU and a couple others sooner than later...

I don't like the idea of going to 16 if it means the Buffs end up in a division that keeps us off the west coast for most of our schedule. I think that eventually it is going to happen though so we might as well be ready for it.

That said, the more I think about it the more I agree with Sacky, leave Texas out. I wouldn't mind OU and even OSU if they get dragged along but I am tired of Texas and they are like bedbugs, always bothering you and almost impossible to get rid off once they get moved in.

Pac-12 #1 target: Oklahoma and that probably means Okie State tags-along.

This breaks-up the Big 12 and now creates the opportunity for:

Target #2: Texas and that probably means Texas Tech tags-along.

If UT declines, the offer to Tech isn't made.

Target #3: Missouri and Kansas

Not a bad backup plan and pretty much the only other option for the Pac in a 16-team scenario.

Stewart Mandel's tweet

Larry Scott on latest rumors. "Schools have reached out to us. We are not doing anything proactively."

Scott, without mentioning Texas specifically: "Any school that wants to be a member of our conference will need to be part of our [regional] network model."

Scott said further conference consolidation is inevitable "because of instability in certain parts of the country." (Cough, Big 12, cough).

Much like SEC, Scott very adamant about making sure league has not been "predatory." Last year? "Last year was different."

http://twitter.com/#!/slmandel

Last edited:
GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
some in Big 12 think Pac 12 becomes Pac 18 or 20-two divisions, big champ game,negotiate as a whole-been discussed

Yea of course KSU is still committed to the Big 12, they don't have any other options! :lol:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...s-texas-longhorns-being-discussed-source-says

The Sun Belt confernece is hurt by your dismissiveness.... :lol:

GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
some in Big 12 think Pac 12 becomes Pac 18 or 20-two divisions, big champ game,negotiate as a whole-been discussed

Have I mentioned lately that Doug Gottleib is a moron?

I don't have a link, but I heard on the way back from the Husker game tonight that Texas and OU are both pursuing a possible membership into the Pac-12. This was reported on the post game show on the Husker radio network. Not much said about it on the air.

What's the thoughts from the Buff fan base on this possible development? Especially considering that both CU and NU wanted to escape the mighty bevo bs when they changed conference affiliations.

Found the Link:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...s-texas-longhorns-being-discussed-source-says

Last edited:
I don't have a link, but I heard on the way back from the Husker game tonight that Texas and OU are both pursuing a possible membership into the Pac-12. This was reported on the post game show on the Husker radio network. Not much said about it on the air.

What's the thoughts from the Buff fan base on this possible development? Especially considering that both CU and NU wanted to escape the mighty bevo bs when they changed conference affiliations.

We're thrilled :rolling_eyes:

neraska radio also thinks the big xii rigged officiating against them. trustworthy bunch of self-rigteous morons

Back