1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU QB Trevor Knight transferring - immediately eligible

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Former starter who lost his job to Mayfield this year.

Dual threat. When recruited, he didn't look much outside his region (Texas schools, Oklahoma schools, LSU) other than Clemson.

Not sure the Buffs would have a shot -- sounds like KSU is making a play -- but I'd be in favor of it if CU went after him.

http://www.news9.com/story/30720530/report-trevor-knight-granted-full-release

Big Jim likes this.
  2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yes please.

Big Jim likes this.
  3. fwbuff

fwbuff Active Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  4. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Trevor Knight has been almost unanimously crucified by that fan base for sucking, yet he'd likely still be the best thing we have if he came to CU.

5. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

Didn't we get some TU scrub a few years ago and he never did much but suck? Can't recall the kids name.

6. Buffnik

Backups at elite programs are pretty darn good.

There's a reason those programs are elite. And as good as people think they are, they're better. To be able to reload every year and deal with injuries to the point where going 8-4 is a disaster, 10-2 is the norm, and a conference title is the annual expectation... those programs are ridiculously good and light years above those other programs in their conferences that may jump up and challenge them in a given year or for a brief period of time.

7. Buffnik

Connor Wood. Transferred because he was 3rd or 4th string for a team with QB issues. We're talking about a starter who played well but was going to lose his job to a crazy-talented and hyped 5* who signed last year and started a couple games while Allen was hurt.

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

I think Waldo failed to apply the sarcasm font.

9. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Wasn't Knight the MVP of the bowl game last year? Talking about a guy that didn't foresee the walk-on transfer from TT taking and keeping his job.

10. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Didn't Mayfield walk on at Tech?

11. Buffnik

Yeah. Over some decent offers. Leach offered him at Wazzu. (Had to look it up.)

12. aik

Yes. He didn't receive a scholarship following starting his freshman year so he left. Kliff tends to sub his QB out for injury and just roll with the guy who replaces him, so the old guy never gets his job back and transfers. Before there was Michael Brewer (VT) and though Davis Webb was solid I'd expect him to roll elsewhere soon. If I'm current starter Patrick Mahomes I'd be looking over my shoulder.

13. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Knight is proficient in the run game but is erratic when passing. He still makes mistakes with reads and will do things that drive the coaches bat****, like throwing back across his body, etc.

He is however a known commodity as a leader. Even after Mayfield won the starting role, Knight was elected as a captain by the players, for this season.

The great game against bammer in the sugar bowl seems to be the anamoly. That said, he would provide upper class competition at the qb spot particularly considering Sefo's health, and he would bring a winner's mentality. tifwiw

14. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I wood tell you but that'd be too easy. If you want to needle me you're barking up the wrong tree.

Ahhhhh. It's been a while since I got to do that.

15. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Did he ever take up Katy Perry's offer after the bowl game?

16. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Yeah I don't think we should take watts either since yuri was a blue chip db and he sucked.

Duff Man likes this.
  17. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

Idot Buff likes this.
  18. Sideburn

Sideburn Club Member Club Member

He is horrible. Absolutely 100 percent horrible. He couldnt hit water if he were riding on Tom Hanks castaway raft. Not just no, but hell no.

19. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Somewhere is a program getting all excited that Yuri Wright and DeSean Rippy might transfer there as a tandem, to radically improve their defense. Was that one of us a few years ago getting all excited about that Pitt LB who was going to fix our defense while Pitt fans rejoiced at the opening of a scholarship?

Here's the problem: Your star-rating coming out of High School and even your offer list is a valid indicator, only until you've proven it wasn't (in CFB).

Might this guy just suck as OU fans seems to think?

20. Duff Man

He might not be good enough for OU and he might be an upgrade for us. Hardly mutually exclusive.

The risk is low, the reward is potentially medium or greater. A guy on scholarship for one year is a good risk to take.

21. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I think this may be a no vote, but I'm not sure...

22. aik

Juco OT or ILB, please.

23. buffaholic

I would agree if we had extra scholarships. Given we don't, I'd say you better have a very good hunch he will contribute. And you study game tape and talk to former coaches, etc to do that.

Just trying to point out that there's more info available now than when he was coming out of HS and any staff is going to dig deep on that before offering a transfer. Might be a good risk. Might not.

24. Buffnik

I have a feeling that we'll see some scholarships open up after NSD. I'm predicting a few late signings this year.

25. bigskybuff

bigskybuff Club Member Club Member

I was reading the Missoulian today and saw an article on Stitt's first year. He was talking about recruiting and that he had end of year meetings with his players and told many they wouldn't be coming back next year. If Stitt can do it at Montana, MMac better be ready to do it in a P5 conference. Get rid of the dead wood and get some damn athletes in here. Leavitt may not be here for a long time, maximize his abilities for as much as you can and let him sign as many as he can.

26. Duff Man

Just not sure we can go status quo two seasons in a row at QB. More than any other position, the coaches have seemed WAY too tentative with the QB position. Overly methodical and not willing to "rock the boat" once Sefo earned the starting QB job in Spring 2014.

27. buffaholic

I cannot disagree. I'm willing to take a bit of a risk on one spot if there's even reasonable assurance it provides some competition. QB is too important of a spot.

28. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Agree with both, it is time to pull out all the stops to improve, getting better QB play is the fastest way to manufacture an extra win or two.