What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Overall PAC12 football experience

I saw Condi Rice in Snooze An AM Eatery before the Stanford game and complimented her on her fine piano playing.

That never would have happened with Baylor. When CU was playing Baylor, they had players murdering each other on the BBall team.
I shudder to think about all the hicks who used to come into Boulder in those days.

Deliverance city. I mean don't get me wrong, the State of Washington is half hick and Utah is a joke. Rural Oregon is one big Meth lab....But it's better over all.

Dang it! (Spits chaw out.)

Any interest in CU joining the Big Ten? The article below mentions CU as a Big Ten expansion candidate, because Denver has a surprisingly high concentration of alums from Big Ten schools. It would provide CU with an annual rivalry game against ****braska. On the downside, it would probably make recruiting even tougher for CU.

Where Big Ten Alums Live

Denver has a surprisingly high number of dip ****s from everywhere. Reason #1 I hate this state, can’t even attend a sporting event without being overran by the opposing fanbase. I’ll never understand the obsession with moving here anyways, this place is not that great.

Denver has a surprisingly high number of dip ****s from everywhere. Reason #1 I hate this state, can’t even attend a sporting event without being overran by the opposing fanbase. I’ll never understand the obsession with moving here anyways, this place is not that great.
Dude, you're out of your !@#$@# mind. Or did you misplace your sarcasm font?

Dude, you're out of your !@#$@# mind. Or did you misplace your sarcasm font?

No, I’ve lived here my entire life, I don’t see what’s so great about it. I mean it’s okay, it’s better than some states but it’s not like it’s a paradise worthy of the droves of people moving here. I don’t care for the snow and I can’t snowboard anymore due to my messed up knee, I’d rather live by the ocean. It has his moments, it’s not a terrible place to live.

Money would be good in the Big Ten but I don’t see a recruiting footprint. We’d land in the same wasteland as ****braska finds itself. We wouldn’t grab enough elite midwestern kids, and would lose California, Vegas, and Arizona, where maybe we are just now starting to gain traction.

CU should stay in the Pac, and be part of the solution to fix some of its very fixable problems.

That's how I feel about it. CU's recruiting base when they have been most successful has been in TX and CA. I don't see CU as being enough of a national brand to recruit well if they move to the Big Ten. The money and the rivalry would be good in the Big Ten, but I do believe the Pac 12 is the best long-term fit for CU.

I’d rather we never play Nebraska ever again. **** those guys.

A big “no thanks” to the B10.*

*unless the world shifts and the P12 dissolves and we need a place to land. The Midwest of the US sucks. Every time I find myself in Iowa/Nebraska/Illinois/Ohio I’m immediately reminded of why I don’t live there.

No, I’ve lived here my entire life, I don’t see what’s so great about it. I mean it’s okay, it’s better than some states but it’s not like it’s a paradise worthy of the droves of people moving here. I don’t care for the snow and I can’t snowboard anymore due to my messed up knee, I’d rather live by the ocean. It has his moments, it’s not a terrible place to live.
The ocean is great, but if you think the traffic is bad here try living in SoCal. Add in the home values and higher cost of living and don't forget about the additional 7% you'll pay for income taxes. And you rarely see the ocean unless you live in a Beach city where homes cost even more. It was great in high school when you could go to the beach every day, but as a working stiff all you end up with is weekend traffic at the beach.
If there's 1 selling point about living in CA it is the weather.

I've traveled all over the world and I love to visit other places. But there's no place like Colorado. Then again, I'd rather mountain bike above 10,000' than dive in the Caymans. To each his own, I guess. Regardless of your preferences, Colorado is a special and beautiful place. It has more than just 'its moments'.

It wasn't that long ago that the PAC had the highest distribution of money of the conferences.

I don't think we will ever consistently be in that position, some other parts of the country have much higher interest in college football but as the media situation continues to evolve the PAC is in a good position to become more competitive.

The P12N so far hasn't performed as expected, in part because it isn't partnered with one of the big media conglomerates like Disney/ESPN or Fox. Distribution though is changing and as that continues I can see those same conglomerates fighting the trend while the new streaming services are looking for content. P12N may end up in perfect position to take advantage.

We just have to hope that the conference leadership and LS or his successors don't screw it up.

Meanwhile the fastest growth in the country in terms of population and economically is in the PAC states and Texas. The B1G states are losing in this race along with the smaller B12 states.

Loved the Big 8. Hated the Big 12. Like the Pac.

I was in school at the end of the Big 8 days when CU was climbing the mountain. I hated the way the conference changed with the addition of the Texas schools. It was the beginning of the end of a pretty great conference. Travels to every Big 8 campus and had fun at most of them.

The Pac road trips are better locations for sure. Absolutely hate USC and they are my new conference ****ers! Also really do not like ASU, UCLA and Oregon from the North. Do not mind Utah as a fan base and that does not show any real signs of being a rivalry.

The Network sucks. I have it on Dish but we as an entire conference are getting hosed from a revenue stand point

I agree with this-I don't ski or snowboard because the doctor who did my 2nd acl surgery told me I can't do it again. This is a great place to raise a family, but the tourism up here I don't get. Estes Park? Meh. Not just Fusker fans trying to visit that store. Mike Gundy (he didn't have the mullet then, and he seemed like a really good dude) purchased a rental car from me when I worked at the Hertz by the airport right after I graduated from UNC for a trip he was taking his family on up there. As far as the snow, I telecommute-so I don't care about it. Hated it when I had to drive to work every day-people here don't know how to drive in it.

Been in NYC other than 4 years in Boulder and I still love CO and miss a lot of things about it.

Be grateful for your clean air and Snooze the AM Eatery.

You don't get tourism of out of staters going to Estes Park, which is somehow a poor reflection on Colorado? Huh?

I think its probably an "Its in my backyard, so its not that interesting to me" kind of thing more than anything. How many Vegas natives are hanging on the strip? Here's another example-If you've ever been on a cruise, they have you eat dinner at the same table with a group of people/family of similar ages. First one we were on we were eating with a family from Jacksonville. Skiing/Ocean came up-we didn't ski, and they didn't go to the ocean much if at all.

I think its probably an "Its in my backyard, so its not that interesting to me" kind of thing more than anything. How many Vegas natives are hanging on the strip? Here's another example-If you've ever been on a cruise, they have you eat dinner at the same table with a group of people/family of similar ages. First one we were on we were eating with a family from Jacksonville. Skiing/Ocean came up-we didn't ski, and they didn't go to the ocean much if at all.

Estes Park is not that interesting, but in-staters know it.

Been in NYC other than 4 years in Boulder and I still love CO and miss a lot of things about it.

Be grateful for your clean air and Snooze the AM Eatery.

Snooze? You mean the 2 hour long line snooze? I went on 2 different occasions dragged by my wife and the wait was over 2 hours, I’ve never tried again.

Back