1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P12/B1G OOC scheduling agreement cancelled

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

2. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Someone want to re-explain to me why the Pac is so dead set on the 9 conference game schedule?

While we may be chummy with it now since every team is still new....in a few years I'm going to care less about conference schedules and wish we could schedule some more fun/entertaining non-conference games without having to consider the need to stick with wimpy opponents to make up for the extra conference struggle

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

We won't change unless it becomes obvious the NCS doesn't give a hoot about strength of schedule. the old p12 had 9 games too, and at 8 we won't be able to have enough games to allow for the Cal schools to play their rivalry games without screwing up the schedule.

4. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

...not so long ago the Pac had an 8 game schedule. Darth is right about the Cali rivalries. But it will continue to be much harder for the Pac schools to compete for MNCs so long as they continue to schedule more difficult games than any of the other conferences.

9 games is a killer, we're the only ones stupid or brave enough to do it. For the Pac to really take the next step forward it needs to figure out how to cut it back to 8 games in conference play.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I like not being locked into playing another OOC game. This frees us up to play who we want, when we want. Now, if we can just get out of the CSU game...

A year when we are locked into 9 pac 12 games, a game against csu, and a game against indiana wouldn't give us the flexibility that I'd like in OOC scheduling. Good riddance, I say.

6. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

I'm fine playing CSU as long as we get them at home every year.

7. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

Fine with me. I'd prefer we keep down this path of Sac St and Fresno type of OOC for a couple years. Not forever, but right now what matters in the end is whether or not we made it to a bowl.

8. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Our schedules will continue to be less flashy, but to me that equates to more wins. We need as many wins as possible this decade. I'd rather beat a Miami (OH) type-team than lose to a B1G 10 power. Also, this gives us a chance to get Nebraska on the schedule on our own timeline.

9. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

We are gonna be able to schedule Big Ten teams that we want to play, not be forced into a two year deal with Indiana or Penn State when they are hopefully coming out of their death penalty phase of their program

10. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

is the purdue series canceled

11. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

Does this mean Ann Margaret's not coming?

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I guess that eliminates the spin out of the AD that we can look forward to games against Ohio State and Michigan at Folsom through this thing. The one-offs are now officially one-offs.

Now, since the schedule has opened up, we just need to schedule road games at Iowa, Nebraska, Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan State without return games at Folsom. We'll make a ****ing fortune.

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Ya. I'm gonna kill Bohn.

14. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:lol:

15. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

It was in place before CU & Utah came into the conference and the fans loved that. The P10 schools would be scrambling for one more OOC game.

I think we would be more likely to go to 10 conference games before going back to 8 conference games. I'd love for some hardcore honk to come up with what those schedules would look like.

16. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I think that would be like basketball without the home/away. Much easier to schedule because you eliminate a single travel partner

17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

I'm very disappointed about this. The game @Michigan for $ just got less acceptable. I know it is not Bohn's fault, but woulda been a great opportunity to reach the midwestern fan base.
    The 8 v 9 game argument is not new, I wonder if Delaney did this whole thing as leverage?
    Which brings me to my next point, **** the colorado state game.

18. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Bohn said the canceling of the scheduling agreement was very disappointing, well now he better focus on getting a facilities upgrade!

19. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

Actually, This now makes the MU game a total cluster ****. I was originally of the belief the MU game was not that big of a deal because of the scheduling quirk of the B1G series starting up the following year. Bohn had to have known the series was not 100% done, so it really was just a cash grab.

Position changed.

20. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Practically an impossibility.

21. BeavBuff47

BeavBuff47 Active Member

I believe one of the reasons is so that the teams in the North can maintain some conference road games in California and Arizona for recruiting purposes. That and the 'rivalries' of the California Schools.

22. Devildog

Devildog Banned BANNED Club Member