What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-10 to invite 6 Big 12 schools

It appears that Kansas is tethered to KSU:

Another bit of speculation Perkins addressed Friday afternoon involved KU’s connection to Kansas State, something many have wondered about considering the fact that both schools could be forced to find a new conference to call home in the near future if the Rivals.com report turns out to be true.

“This is something that K-State and we have spent considerable time working on,” Perkins said. “And I know we both look forward to being together for a long time.”
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/jun/04/ku-ad-co mments-big-12-meetings/

cheatin' flatlanders get what they deserve. between kjuco state's "academic" problems and ku's "ethical" problems, i don't give a crap if either land well. to never have to explain to a non-football fan why we are in the same ****ing conference as ****ing kjuco state would pretty much take me to my happy place.

death to the fuskers and mizzery too. oh, and baylor, too... and isu... screw them all.

this is all about US. dammit.

personally, i hope texas turns the p10 down, causing tech and okie state to lose their invites. atm bolts for the sec. then, just CU and ou go to the p10.

:lol:

are we really about to get butt ****ed by baylor

Relax. If the Pac is stupid enough to allow themselves to be bullied like that, then we don't want any part of them. And I really don't think they're that stupid, so I'm really not worried.

Relax. If the Pac is stupid enough to allow themselves to be bullied like that, then we don't want any part of them. And I really don't think they're that stupid, so I'm really not worried.

:yeahthat:

For all of our worries CU is a desirable school to have in a conference for a bunch of reasons. I really liked the idea of CU going to the PAC 10 but now that it is becoming Big XII south division I'm not exactly jumping up and down to get in.

If the PAC lets Texas start calling the shots before they even get in they are going to be completely screwed over. I do think the Big XII as we know it is dead. The Big X is going to take at least one and likely two members, Mizzou and either Texas or Nebraska. I thik that aTm is gone to either the PAC or more likely the SEC who also may take Texas as well as looking at OU.

Worst case in that CU ends up in a new league with the remainding Big XII schools KU, KSU, ISU, possibly OSU along with the best of the mid-majors Utah, Boise, TCU, UNM, BYU, and a few more. The bottom mids get chopped off so no Wyoming, CSU, SDSU, etc.

More likely after all this settles down CU is in the PAC and Texas is in the SEC or Big X. If not CU could end up in the Big X.

My big hope is that we somehow get separated from Texas and their egos.

Most people in Austin think that Baylor is a joke--even more so than CU. While people here think that CU stinks now they still remember when they were good which is something that Baylor can't say since they have always sucked in football. I am a little concerned at this latest development but the last time I checked UT has the same type of system that CU has - It takes a vote from the board of regents and the pres to make the move. The state leg doens't really have a say in the matter. The gov is an aggie and will do whatever benefits them. Honestly when it comes down to it A&M will go were Texas doesand so will Tech even though they might not admit it, they know where the money is. I think that if Texas, A&M and Tech all three are in than the deal will go down with CU as opposed to Baylor - with that block of Texas schools there are way to many alumni and people wanting it to go through for the legislator to try to get involved -- Just posturing by the TexASS gov't to try to get everything they can. --- My bet is that its either the 5 schools from the South plus CU or CU Utah or no deal. Waco adds nothing and would decrease the rev projections. Texas and the other schools have no love or loyalty towards Baylor-- People here are VERY aware of why Baylor lucked into the Big XII with Ann Richards. With that said, I still hope that Bohn, Benson and Stephano are making some calls to the Pac 10.

But who knows how far the Pac is willing to go to get UT into the conference? It just depends on how much they covet UT as a potential conference member. :huh:

Back