What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Championship/Levi's Stadium Travel

CUBuff2481

Any advice on where to stay close to the stadium and where the best areas to sit might be? I'm looking at making a quick trip out of it, flying into San Jose Thursday or Friday and leaving Saturday. And it anyone else is looking at doing the same low budget trip, I wouldn't be opposed to splitting a room.

Can't help you with anything there, but if anyone gets into SFO around noon on Friday and wants to split an uber to Santa Clara that would be tight.

Son says you can stay in San Jose and take CalTrain to Santa Clara pretty close to the stadium. Hell, you can probably stay anywhere that is along the train route.

I'm looking to make a quick trip out of it too - found tickets were 25% off until tomorrow (monday) night at 1159p pacific time.
I my any one who is considering the same, let me know. I found an early flight out of DIA friday (6am) and something noon-ish on saturday.

Son says you can stay in San Jose and take CalTrain to Santa Clara pretty close to the stadium. Hell, you can probably stay anywhere that is along the train route.
In.

5265.jpg

So it just so happens that I will be in Monterey on Friday night, but will not be able to go to the game (long story, not worth going there). Does anyone know of a good place to watch the game there? The CU Alumni site doesn't show any local watch parties so any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking to make a quick trip out of it too - found tickets were 25% off until tomorrow (monday) night at 1159p pacific time.
I my any one who is considering the same, let me know. I found an early flight out of DIA friday (6am) and something noon-ish on saturday.

Where were those tickets from? I've just been looking at stub hub and seat geek at seats for around $30.

This. I used the train for the Stanford game and I worked great

I'll be staying with a buddy in San Jose and riding the train myself

So it just so happens that I will be in Monterey on Friday night, but will not be able to go to the game (long story, not worth going there). Does anyone know of a good place to watch the game there? The CU Alumni site doesn't show any local watch parties so any help would be appreciated.

Try Knuckle's at the Hyatt, Peter-B's at the Portola, or Baja Cantina in Mid Valley (between Carmel and Carmel Valley). There is also a BWW in Seaside.

For $504 + eats/drinks
Shoot into San Jose by Noon, get car, ck in hotel, game, celebrate, back to room, fly out Sat AM

game ticket $65
Airfare (Southwest) round trip Denver to San Jose Fri. Am/return Sat. AM = $311.95
Alamo rental car 1 day = $ 25
Motel 6 right by the airport = $102 with taxes (continental brkfst no meat due to Ca. laws) Denny's and McDonald's across the street.

Last edited:
I'm driving up with the wife on Friday morning from So Cal and staying in Sunnyvale for the night. Hopefully we get there by 4 pm or so. I got tickets in section 145, right above the tunnel where the Buffs should run out. I'm guessing our students/band will be in sections 101-103 and, according to ticketmaster, CU will be on the south sideline (sections 132-146), if you're still looking for tickets.

This. I used the train for the Stanford game and I worked great

I'll be staying with a buddy in San Jose and riding the train myself

FYI, Cal train does not go to Levi's Stadium. You have to switch to VTA in Mountain View if coming from the North. From San Jose, I'm assuming you'd just take VTA. VTA trains are small, and it's a major pain to get one after the game basically a huge slightly organized line. If linking with CalTrain, they might not run a special train, so keep in mind the last northbound train leaves Mountain View at 1051pm... which could get tight with a 6pm kickoff and a ~4 hour game. Very poorly located stadium for transit.

The hotels right next to the stadium will be major $$$ if not sold out, but if you can snag something within ~ 2 miles, it's not a bad walk, and it's not supposed to rain that evening.

FYI, Cal train does not go to Levi's Stadium. You have to switch to VTA in Mountain View if coming from the North. From San Jose, I'm assuming you'd just take VTA. VTA trains are small, and it's a major pain to get one after the game basically a huge slightly organized line. If linking with CalTrain, they might not run a special train, so keep in mind the last northbound train leaves Mountain View at 1051pm... which could get tight with a 6pm kickoff and a ~4 hour game. Very poorly located stadium for transit.

The hotels right next to the stadium will be major $$$ if not sold out, but if you can snag something within ~ 2 miles, it's not a bad walk, and it's not supposed to rain that evening.
I thought the stadium was still by sfo. I was way wrong thanks for intel

... I got tickets in section 145, right above the tunnel where the Buffs should run out. I'm guessing our students/band will be in sections 101-103 and, according to ticketmaster, CU will be on the south sideline (sections 132-146), if you're still looking for tickets.

Tickets were nowhere near that price when we were buyign right after the game on Saturday. If you don't mind me asking, how much were your tickets? We got tickets in Sec 128 (east endzone) as that still seemed to be the CU section.

Tickets were nowhere near that price when we were buyign right after the game on Saturday. If you don't mind me asking, how much were your tickets? We got tickets in Sec 128 (east endzone) as that still seemed to be the CU section.

I'm in 128 as well.

Just to reiterate because it is important. For those of you saying you are taking Caltrain, it is not like going to Stanford. Caltrain does not go to Levi's stadium so make sure you allot additional time to get to the stadium.

They were pricey, $105 I think. But how often do we get to the CCG? You should still be ok in 128, in terms of CU fans. But just judging from previous games at Levi's Stadium, it looks like our fans will mostly be in the opposite endzone.

One trick I picked up when I went to the B12 CCG in 2001 was to call other conference schools and see what tickets they had. Every school gets an allotment and they usually don't use them. They're typically pretty happy to sell what they have.

I ended up buying my tickets in 2001 from the KSU ticket office. Worked out great.

One trick I picked up when I went to the B12 CCG in 2001 was to call other conference schools and see what tickets they had. Every school gets an allotment and they usually don't use them. They're typically pretty happy to sell what they have.

I ended up buying my tickets in 2001 from the KSU ticket office. Worked out great.

I was hoping to get ticket directly from the CU ticket office to avoid the possibility of sitting by UW fans. But the email they sent out just had a link to ticketmaster. So I'm not even sure schools get an allotment. Unless season ticket holders got different info.

I was hoping to get ticket directly from the CU ticket office to avoid the possibility of sitting by UW fans. But the email they sent out just had a link to ticketmaster. So I'm not even sure schools get an allotment. Unless season ticket holders got different info.
I will leave open the possibility that things are different 15 years later, and that the PAC 12 operates differently as well.

Tickets in section 145. They are still on sale thru the 49ers/Levi Stadium website. FCGCYBER is the code. 25%off

Back