What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 countdown

Guys,

I'm not going to be able to be on this board for awhile so some of you can take up this and finish the job. I will go ahead and list the number of days for each date:

June 18: 13 days
June 19: 12
June 20: 11
June 21: 10
June 22: 9
June 23: 8
June 24: 7
June 25: 6
June 26: 5
June 27: 4
June 28: 3
June 29: 2
June 30: 1
July 1st: YEAH BABY!!!

June 18th - 13 days to go to the Pac-12 ...

Buffs who have worn the No. 13:

CB - Ronnie Bradford
QB - Clyde Crutchmer
QB - Steve Vogel

Vogel held a number of school passing records in the early 1980's (most of them negative).

If you don't know the name Ronnie Bradford, you should.

His name is the answer to the question: What Buff player blocked the extra point against Notre Dame in the 1991 Orange Bowl which turned out to be the margin of victory in a 10-9 Colorado win?

Bradford. He also had a pretty good NFL career. PLayed 10 seasons with 4 different teams(Broncos, Cardinals, Falcons and Vikings). Played for Atlanta against the Broncos in the Super Bowl and intercepted John Elway in the game despite the loss and MVP going to Elway.

Ronnie "The block" Bradford. Didn't get as much publicity playing opposite Deon Figures, but he was an outstanding cornerback.

Ronnie "The block" Bradford. Didn't get as much publicity playing opposite Deon Figures, but he was an outstanding cornerback.

Chris Hudson, Ronnie Bradford, and Dion Figures... They were some great years at CB for the Buffs...

Loved Bradford....

Ronnie didn't play opposite of Deon during the 90 season, it was Dave McCloughan, however in 91 and I think 92 you are correct, Deon and Ronnie.

June 19th - 12 days to go to the Pac-12 ...

Buffs who have worn the No. 12:

S Mike Bynum
LB Akarika Dawn
CB/PR Dave McCloughan
S John Stearns

McCloughan was a very good PR for us during the national championship season taking several to the house.

Stearns was a two sport star at CU in football and baseball. Went on to have a very succesful playing and coaching career in MLB.

Just 11 days to go until the Pac-12 ...

This one is easy ...
The number 11 has been retired at the University of Colorado, as it was the number worn by Bobby Anderson.

However, there were a few other Buffs who wore the No. 11 prior to Bobby Anderson:

Eddie Dove - RB
Bernie McCall - QB
Zach Jordan - RB/P

June 21st - 10 days to go to the Pac-12 ...

Buffs who have worn the No. 10:

S/QB Hale Irwin
P Tom Rouen
QB Kordell Stewart
QB Gale Weidner

Tough call between Irwin and Stewart. I grew up watching Stewart. Great arm, great athlete, but had brain farts in some big games especially against Nebraska. Irwin better known as a professional golfer, but had a helluva career playing football at CU.

Love me some Leomiti and I have one of his game jerseys, but no.

well then who the f&%! do you think it is Darian3Hagan? You don't know either Darian3Hagan! I mean.. you have had hours to search on the internet and you can't find it Darian3Hagan....

Gotta go with Kordell, but it's true that he would disappear in the biggest game of the year. I wanted to throat punch him in 1993 against NU. People like to talk about how there was no way we should have lost in 94, and they're right. But equally true is the fact that we should have never lost in 93. CU was the much better team both years. Kordell was NU's best player in 1993.

gotta go with Irwin...Kordell always **** the bed in big games

Mainly just Nebraska though. There were a lot of big games that Kordell shined as well. Peyton Manning never played well against Florida, I doubt Vol fans are saying He's not the best to wear #16.

Anyway, Kordell did some amazing things here and he is responsible for making one of the most famous plays in college football history happen. Irwin was known nationally for PGA, Kordell was known nationally for Miracle in Michigan and "Slash" for Steelers. Kordell also guided the buffs to a 11-1 record and #3 final ranking.

Last edited:
No, the Big East officials doing the game **** the bed

This. That was the most poorly officiated game I've ever personally witnessed. I don't know how those guys are able to live with themselves. When you do such a piss poor job that the athletic director runs out on the field to scream at you, you know you're pretty bad.

Yep. Illegal hands to the face on our OL-man just as we move inside the 10. Would have been the most epic comeback - Chris Hudson stripping James Stewart to give the Buffs a chance....

it was offensive facemask and i believe it was on a pass play for a TD that would have given CU the lead.

edit. i was wrong. it was on a run by RS for 6 yards.

Stewart immediately hit Johnson for 22 yards, then connected with Lamont Warren for 25 more. First-and-ten at the Miami 17-yard line. After Rashaan Salaam gained six yards to the 11, the officials made the call of the game. Sophomore guard Heath Irwin was called for a very rare offensive face mask penalty, negating Salaam’s gain. The call resulted in an 18-yard loss in yardage to the Buffs. Three plays later, Stewart’s pass to Johnson inside the ten yard line was broken up, and the Buffs were 2-2.

http://www.cuatthegame.com/1993/cu-vs-miami-sept-25-1993/

Last edited:
June 22nd - 9 days to go to the Pac-12 ...

Buffs who have worn the No. 9:

P Barry Helton
WR Charles E. Johnson
WR Mike Pritchard
S Robbie Robinson

June 22nd - 9 days to go to the Pac-12 ...

Buffs who have worn the No. 9:

P Barry Helton
WR Charles E. Johnson
WR Mike Pritchard
S Robbie Robinson

That is one great crowd at #9. I loved watching Pritch. I was at the Pigskin Classic against TN when he filled in for a suspended Bienemy and rushed for like 300 yards. He was truly an amazing athlete for the the Buffs.

I was a big Charles Johnson fan. I know technically he was less of a physical athlete than Westbrook, but I thought he was a more consistant playmaker.

Back