1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pac-12 football: What the new TV contract means to coaches on the hot seat

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Oct 4, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Jon Wilner

Something I’ve been mulling since training camp: What impact will the league’s 12-year deal with ESPN and Fox have on decisions to hire or fire a football coach … or a men’s basketball coach … or a coach of any sport, really. The $3 billion deal means a huge infusion of cash for each athletic [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
    Click here to view the article.

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

with this deal a couple years agao Halk would have been gone a year earlier. I think it really puts more pressure on coaches to perform and perform fast. Embo & Co wont get the 5 years HaLk did.

3. Del

Del Member

Embo will get at least 4 full years because if he gets that long there is no buyout on his contract. I remember reading that in the BDC shortly after they hired Embree and EB. Even with the new Pac-12 money, CU doesn't want to have to buy out a third football coach in a row. They catch enough hell from the state and community as it is. An extra year to avoid any bad PR will be worth it for them even if some folks might not agree with it.

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

4 is fair unless there are no signs of life, he wont get the 5th that hawk did.