What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Media Days (July 14-15)

8.33% improvement.

GlassHalfEmptyHalfFull.jpg

Any scotch worth a damn doesn't need ice.
You probably swig it right from the bottle, too, eh?
Any Scotsman worth his tartan knows scotch opens up its flavor with a wee bit o' ice! (I know, hard for you to cram them cubes into that tiny bottle neck!)

Just walked through B12 media days that is going on at the Dallas Omni.

I have to say that the palm trees and studio setting of Hollywood look WAY better than what the B12 has going on.
It's hard to make Dallas sexy in the heat of the summer.

So blessed to be part of the Pac.

The B12 with the Baylor mess, expansion questions, the TV deal and thousands of other reasons just makes me appreciate CU's conference all the more.

I spent the w/e watching the P12 media days, so this is front of mind.

Go Buffs!

Technically, the water is supposed to be from the local water source used to distill the whiskey so man up if you're not drinking it in Scotland.

Failing that, you want to use distilled water to avoid anything that would compromise the flavor notes of your single malt. (y)

And you couldn't correctly pronounce the name of a good single malt, if it bit you in the *ss!
Just curious - would serious Scotch drinkers qualify Dewars as an acceptable every day Scotch, or not even in the conversation?

I'm not a Scotch drinker, so I have no idea.

Just curious - would serious Scotch drinkers qualify Dewars as an acceptable every day Scotch, or not even in the conversation?

I'm not a Scotch drinker, so I have no idea.

Probably not. So much depends on budget and personal taste, though. If someone likes it, then good on them. But...

First of all, Dewar's is a blended rather than a single malt. That disqualifies it for a lot of Scotch snobs.

It's also pretty inexpensive, like well drink price, for the standard Dewar's. Now, if we start talking about Dewar's 18 or even just Dewar's 12, then I think a Scotch guy would say that is a fine every day Scotch.

And just about everyone, regardless of their Single vs Blended preference, would admit that Dewar's Signature is a fantastic spirit.

Thanks for that. My mom drinks scotch. On the retirement budget, she has downgraded from Dewars to some crap in a plastic bottle. Without knowing any better, I equated regular Dewars to "pretty good".

Thanks for that. My mom drinks scotch. On the retirement budget, she has downgraded from Dewars to some crap in a plastic bottle. Without knowing any better, I equated regular Dewars to "pretty good".
I'd rather suck on some peat than downgrade from Dewars.

Back