What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

Needs to happen though, coaching salaries have gotten out of control in an amateur sport.
While I agree with you, I'd still like the Pac-12 to attract the same level of coaching years down the road. The financial issues with the conference and statements like the one I posted make me worry of a long-term continued separation between us and the other P5 conferences.

While I agree with you, I'd still like the Pac-12 to attract the same level of coaching years down the road. The financial issues with the conference and statements like the one I posted make me worry of a long-term continued separation between us and the other P5 conferences.
Yeah but no matter what the top teams in the conference have a **** ton of money, it's not like they are some G5 school struggling with finances. USC, Washington, ucla, cal, Stanford and Oregon will always be able to pay tons of money. The other schools is where you might see a drop off.

Yeah but no matter what the top teams in the conference have a **** ton of money, it's not like they are some G5 school struggling with finances. USC, Washington, ucla, cal, Stanford and Oregon will always be able to pay tons of money. The other schools is where you might see a drop off.
Cal's athletic money is in horrid, horrid shape right now. They are paying bottom dollar and will always go cheap when possible. Their financial woes are well documented. Hopefully they'll get out of it, but it'll take a while.

And more importantly, frankly, I want CU to be able to continue to compete for coaches at a national level.

Cal's athletic money is in horrid, horrid shape right now. They are paying bottom dollar and will always go cheap when possible. Their financial woes are well documented. Hopefully they'll get out of it, but it'll take a while.

And more importantly, frankly, I want CU to be able to continue to compete for coaches at a national level.
Yeah but that's a dumb situation, it's not the ad's fault. Wilner has come out a few times and said they university will have to come out and cover most of the cost of that. I think it will go away pretty quickly, especially is Wilcox works out like he is.

Cal's athletic money is in horrid, horrid shape right now.
Cal's athletic money.
dirty-dollar-600x372.jpg

Yeah but that's a dumb situation, it's not the ad's fault. Wilner has come out a few times and said they university will have to come out and cover most of the cost of that. I think it will go away pretty quickly, especially is Wilcox works out like he is.
The university can't cover the cost. Campus-wide the structural deficit is $150 million.

High falutin ideas, ideals, and goals are good. The facts are bad: no one watches these games. It's not broadening reach or making money. It may be helping recruitment to a few olympic sports. That's it.

I thought you were a liberal that favored looking out for the little guy, equal access and womens rights.

I thought you were a liberal that favored looking out for the little guy, equal access and womens rights.
Not sure how this has to do with those things, but ok. Even if it was, the above isn't accomplishing anything for the disadvantaged because NO ONE IS WATCHING THEM. I'm a realist.

Not sure how this has to do with those things, but ok. Even if it was, the above isn't accomplishing anything for the disadvantaged because NO ONE IS WATCHING THEM. I'm a realist.

....money grubbing capitalist (when it comes to CU). :cool::p:ROFLMAO:

Anyhow, here's a bit of a gripe about the SEC Network and its lack of variety...

Still, with all due respect, I think the SEC Network needs to improve its content.

The offerings last year were too simple and limited. If you preferred College GameDay to SEC Nation on Saturday mornings and aren’t a fan of The Paul Finebaum Show, you didn’t have many reasons to consume content on the station last football season.

Yes, there’s some live programming in the form of games, which is great. “SEC Now” was a decent initial effort at a SportsCenter-style conference-centric show. But there hasn’t been enough variety.

As part of a website [ESPN] that covers SEC football — forget the other sports — 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, I understand all too well the challenges of coming up with interesting, engaging content every minute of every hour, even during months like June.

I also was a little disappointed that the SEC didn’t find a way to broadcast several of the spring football games on its main station, instead airing them on an obscure alternate channel as well as through broadband internet via ESPN3.

An example of what the network wants to expand upon is having men’s and women’s basketball coaches mic’d up during games and in-game interviews with coaches as seen during the SEC Tournament and some regular season games, and network personalities in distinct settings with coaches and players, such as Marcus Spears talking with LSU’s coordinators over dinner or Booger McFarland in the weight room at Florida.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-network-needs-improved-content/

They just came out with the list of top colleges to produce Olympians. The PAC 12 had something like six of the top ten (CU came in at #10).

That's a great starting point for some original content to put on the network and would be something people would want to watch. I don't think the heads at the network put much thought into content.

Y'all were right, I cancelled a a few weeks ago. DTV gave me a free month. They asked if I'd consider after staying, laughed and said nope. Worked out good. Dish will be here Tuesday. This week, I've got the channel I need. Hope we go out on a high note.

Why the **** are there so many tractor commercials on the P12 network?

Seriously.

Something is wrong with how, by whom, or to whom, the commercial times are being marketed.

Big XII network: tractors make perfect sense.

PAC 12 network: we should be overrun with craft beer and wine commercials, not kubota and kiote tractor commercials.

Seriously.

Something is wrong with how, by whom, or to whom, the commercial times are being marketed.

PAC 12 network: we should be overrun with craft beer and wine commercials, not kubota and kiote tractor commercials.
Who cares as long as the check clears?

Seriously.

In 2016, the top 10 agricultural producing States, in terms of cash receipts were (in descending order): California, Iowa, Texas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, Kansas, Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Washington.

:popcorn:

In a move that will fuel speculation the internet giant is considering challenging Sky and BT for domestic coverage of the world’s richest league, Amazon has been consulting industry experts about the practicalities of adding top-flight English football to its fledgling portfolio of live sport.

The development was confirmed to Telegraph Sport on Thursday by two well-placed sources, while Amazon itself refused to confirm or deny whether it was exploring bidding for the UK rights for the Premier League for the three years between 2019-22.

The world’s biggest internet company, Amazon’s annual revenue of £100bn is almost three times that of its two potential rivals combined and it could easily afford to blow both out of the water.

Sky, in particular, broke the bank during the last auction to retain the lion’s share of matches for £4.2bn

:popcorn:

In a move that will fuel speculation the internet giant is considering challenging Sky and BT for domestic coverage of the world’s richest league, Amazon has been consulting industry experts about the practicalities of adding top-flight English football to its fledgling portfolio of live sport.

The development was confirmed to Telegraph Sport on Thursday by two well-placed sources, while Amazon itself refused to confirm or deny whether it was exploring bidding for the UK rights for the Premier League for the three years between 2019-22.

The world’s biggest internet company, Amazon’s annual revenue of £100bn is almost three times that of its two potential rivals combined and it could easily afford to blow both out of the water.

Sky, in particular, broke the bank during the last auction to retain the lion’s share of matches for £4.2bn

Hmmm...

This could mean that...

Amazon HQ2 comes to Denver...
Amazon pays record money to get an ownership percentage and distribution rights for Pac-12 Networks...
Amazon ties those 2 investments together by paying huge money for naming rights to Folsom and the CEC...

And now I need a sammich and a nap.

Hmmm...

This could mean that...

Amazon HQ2 comes to Denver...
Amazon pays record money to get an ownership percentage and distribution rights for Pac-12 Networks...
Amazon ties those 2 investments together by paying huge money for naming rights to Folsom and the CEC...

And now I need a sammich and a nap.
This will mean more money for Kroenke. We need a Kroenke to attend CU. Or Altitude to partner with the Pac 12 Network.

#FireLarryScott

Careful, you shouldn't say that here. Scott got the Buffs into the Pac, so he is above any criticism from buff fans for at least a decade. Granted our program is in the 3rd-world of the Power 5, not on TV, not playing games in relevant time slots and making pennies on the dollar compared to our competitors. He blew our collective load on hoping people would want to watch water polo instead of football, and spent tons of money producing subpar programs that are aimed at the Pacific rim rather than the USA. He also tied our lot to the sinking ship that is local cable companies, which hamstrung his ability to sign a more appropriate deal with the leader in the space half a decade ago. But don't worry, it will be explained to you that the commissioner of an athletic conference should prioritize non-athletic ventures over improving the quality and exposure of revenue producing sports.

Careful, you shouldn't say that here. Scott got the Buffs into the Pac, so he is above any criticism from buff fans for at least a decade. Granted our program is in the 3rd-world of the Power 5, not on TV, not playing games in relevant time slots and making pennies on the dollar compared to our competitors. He blew our collective load on hoping people would want to watch water polo instead of football, and spent tons of money producing subpar programs that are aimed at the Pacific rim rather than the USA. He also tied our lot to the sinking ship that is local cable companies, which hamstrung his ability to sign a more appropriate deal with the leader in the space half a decade ago. But don't worry, it will be explained to you that the commissioner of an athletic conference should prioritize non-athletic ventures over improving the quality and exposure of revenue producing sports.

Is water polo an athletic venture?

#FireLarryScott

What's the payout like for BigXII members? What channel is their network on? I mean, we could have stayed there and been completely happy. Right?

Odd, I’ve yet to hear or see anyone praising Larry Scott. But please, elaborate more on your fantasy...

Odd, I’ve yet to hear or see anyone praising Larry Scott. But please, elaborate more on your fantasy...

Ive praised him several times.

Without him we'd still be in the Big XII.
The Pac 10 would still be being one the lowest paid conference in college football for TV rights (at the time).
He had the audacity to try add the Texas markets.
He created the 2nd conference with its own network (The Big 10 went first).

Whats happened since that is up for debate and is where the hate comes from. I suspect when 2022 rolls around we will see the conference network sold off and we can kiss a lot of programming goodbye in exchange for more money.

Back