1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paging Bama Charlie....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Nov 30, 2013.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

we have a Special teams coach we can spare. Have the Fire Saban threads started yet? Never seen a loss like that. I was pulling for the Tide, but what a finish...

2. duaneallman8

duaneallman8 Member

This is eerily like 2001 to me. I think bama still gets to the NCG

3. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

Kidding aside, that was a horrific way to lose. Those teams play 10 times and I bet bama wins 7 or more. The bama kicker is going to have to go into witness protection.

It was bound to happen. It is crazy the run saban put together but eventually every team gets jumped.

4. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

It was a 54 yard field goal and it wasn't the same kicker as the one who missed 3. That was a bad call by Saban, not a bad miss IMO.

5. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

I have never seen a game end like that.

It was so deliciously awesome.

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I think he's talking about the kicker that missed the first three more makeable ones

7. PAHIBuff

PAHIBuff Club Member Club Member

Somewhat painful seeing the Colorado HS O-Lineman Alex Kozan highlighted as a starter and an academic star for Auburn. Can't remember what HS he was from, but annoying nonetheless. Can we just get good enough or stable enough to attract the high level hometown youth? Damn.

8. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

kozan went to valor...

9. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

I dunno. Sabans gamble was low with 1 second on the clock. Those are the breaks.

10. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Saban should have gone for the hail mary. Then even if it failed, he could have tried to win it in OT. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda?

11. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

With Missouri winning against Texas A&M the only way Alabama gets a chance for NTG is if Duke beats Florida State and Michigan State beats Ohio State. Then it is SEC Champ vs. Alabama

12. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Oh. A mercenary from the beginning, then. If you won't stick with your local HS......

13. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Because the local high school would have taken care of hm for the rest of his career? Please. That's absolute horse****. I don't like Valor's behavior in general, but I can't fault the kid for positioning himself to take care of his future. He should not be faulted for that.

14. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

The goal, if you think you are good enough, is to win and have good enough stats to get noticed. Everyone knows Valor is on the map and you have a great chance to be noticed there. Which sets you up for a better college offer, which sets you up for the best chance at the NFL. So if is a career path. Great to have 'school pride' and all, but that doesn't get you a NFL paycheck. or a free college education even if you team sucks and you have bad coaches at your local team. Call it being a mercenary, but I bet Buffenuf isn't likely to be helping any kid he didn't father go to college.

15. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Bama clearly does not take its missed field goal return coverage seriously.

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

BuffEnuf thinks Kozan should have committed to Embree. You know, the coach he only refers to as "Water Bottle" and who he rips at every opportunity. Stupid Kozan huh?

17. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

That can go both ways. Perhaps if Embree had landed a few guys like Kozan, he would still be here. It is painful to see so many really good OL from Colorado playing elsewhere. Imagine the possibilities. On second thought, don't imagine the possibilities. Doing so just made me throw up a little in my mouth.

18. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I listed some of these guys in another thread.

If we had even gotten 2-3 of them our team would look different. I don't have any illusion that Embree would still be around but add two of the three linemen playing significant roles in the SEC on what does our OL look like. Keep the pressure off Sefo more consistently and we have a good shot at winning yesterdays game, maybe one or two more.

I am a huge believer that outside of QB the OL is the most important position group on the team. Keep your QB clean and the passing game works, create holes and your RBs start looking much better. Do these things and you tend to change both field position and the pressure on your defense.

We know that the Buffs have a significant talent deficit accross the board. That said a few of the right players, primarily OL could make us a significantly better team.

19. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I just reworded what you said I guess, and I should stop trying to get idots to see my point of view here. Would save me time and trouble. lol (I couldn't rep ya yet)