What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Payne as COY candidate

After a bit of a rough start it seems she has defibrillator something.
Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

I'm a JR Payne fan. She is an incredible ambassador for CU.
On a work trip to Phoenix, JR Payne and I ended up being the last two people to get standby assignments on an earlier flight because we were both in a hurry to get home from a business trip (in her case, Pac12 media days) to see our kids. We chatted for a while- she struck me as a really nice, genuine person.

The early seasons were rough, but I'm so happy for her that she seems to have the program headed in the right direction, and it also appears to be (from my layperson's view) sustainable.

JR arrived to an almost completely broken program. The kids that stayed after Lappe had their wills destroyed.

Recruiting is especially hard when you are at the bottom of the Pac 12. The better you get, the better recruits you get.

The Juco transfer game did not work for JR.

From the times I have met her, she seems like a genuinely good human and her players adore her and respect her. They will do what she asks because they know it will make the team better.

She's about team, not about stars. It takes TEAM to win and that is what we have had the last two years. The players truly don't care who scores the most points or has the most minutes as long as the TEAM wins.

Those are all signs of a good coach.

Now RG needs to pay her the $$$ she deserves and market the team. It's too late for this season, but get to planning for next season.

Last edited:
Next season will be telling us a lot. We lose two all conference level players (Miller and Sherrod). I like some of the new players but it will be really hard to replace these two.

JR had a couple of excellent transfers in recent 2 years (MIller and Vonleh), would be interesting to see if we can get any after end of this season.

But for now, let's just enjoy this year. I never watched the teams in the old glory days, so this is the best CU WBB teams I have ever watched.

Happy to see the success after years of building and hope she can stay and make it last. She lives in our neighborhood and we often see her out riding her bike, walking her dogs, etc and she's *always* wearing Buffs gear. Granted gear is free gear, but still nice to see.

Next season will be telling us a lot. We lose two all conference level players (Miller and Sherrod). I like some of the new players but it will be really hard to replace these two.

JR had a couple of excellent transfers in recent 2 years (MIller and Vonleh), would be interesting to see if we can get any after end of this season.

But for now, let's just enjoy this year. I never watched the teams in the old glory days, so this is the best CU WBB teams I have ever watched.
A good portal player to help replace Quay would be a great idea. JR’s on a hot transfer streak with Quay and Netty.

Edit: This is basically what you said already....

Last edited:
Jada Wynn is the perfect example of what Nik is talking about. Jada was a Husky if her parents were still coaching there.

Connections are made in the coaching world. That's how lots of players end up where they do. Wouldn't surprise me if Scott Rueck has sent some players for JR to consider.

I was concerned about replacing Hollingshed after 5 years of her at the post. Miller and Vronesh has lived up to expectations.

Nobody shot well from 3 today, but we still won.

Kind of feels like the MacIntyre COY season
dude?

MM fell short of bowl qualification for 3 years, failing to even win 5 games out of 13 in 2015 and then all of the sudden had a team that won a ton of close games.

JR has been building the structure of the program and has had back to back 20 win seasons in a brutal PAC12.

MM felt fluky. This doesn’t feel fluky at all.

dude?

MM fell short of bowl qualification for 3 years, failing to even win 5 games out of 13 in 2015 and then all of the sudden had a team that won a ton of close games.

JR has been building the structure of the program and has had back to back 20 win seasons in a brutal PAC12.

MM felt fluky. This doesn’t feel fluky at all.
The cool thing is we will get to see.

Back