1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pep Hamilton-is he getting a look

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Dec 7, 2012.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

No idea where their sources are coming from but today I found 2 different blogs that included Pep Hamilton (OC from Stanford) as a possible candidate. Sorry I don't have the links right now.

Personally I am not that excited about him because he has most of his coaching experience at the NFL as a position coach. But not sure if CU is considering him so I thought it was worth starting a thread on him:

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hamilton_pep00.html

If we were going after coordinators at Stanford I much prefer Mason.

And given that both are of the color prefered by the GFKACM (guy formerly known as coach mac) you can't say I am racist.

2. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

I met Pep 3 years ago, he was coaching at the East West shrine Game when it was in Orlando. I liked him. Very personable, sharp, and genuine. Knows both sides of the ball and doesn't slack on details. Interesting candidate from my POV.

3. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

Stanford has been very impressive. If they had started the season with the current QB they may have gone undefeated. They lost on the road to Washington because the offense had a terrible game and then lost to ND in overtime (also on the road) due to another poor offensive game. I know ND's defense is good, but I think Stanford wins that game with their current starters. Anyway, I'm not sure if it's too soon to give Hamilton or D-coordinator Derek Mason a head coaching job, but they seem to be doing terrific jobs as coordinators.