1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll of the day 8/18

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Aug 18, 2009.

?

Biggest mismatch OOC game?

1. Texas @ Wyoming

6.8%
  2. Idaho St. @ Oklahoma

69.9%
  3. Grambling St @ Oklahoma St.

8.2%
  4. North Dakota @ texas Tech

4.1%
  5. Northwestern St. @ Baylor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Massachusetts @ Kansas St.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Northern Colorado @ Kansas

6.8%
  8. Furman @ Missouri

2.7%
  9. North Dakota St. @ Iowa St.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

1.4%
  1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Whats the biggest mismatch OOC game?

2. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

OU could put up 70 in 3 quarters without breaking a sweat.

Wall of shame, iyam

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Same with Kansas. UNC is terrible.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

how much different is it than us playing Montana State and EWU? let's not get to moralizing, here.

OU also plays OOC @Miami (Fl) and BYU. they usually play a respectable OOC, IMO.

in the last few years OU has played @Miami/Miami, @Oregon/UO, @Alabama/Bama, @UW/UW, @UCLA/UCLA, Cincy, Fresno, traveled to Air Force that I can remember. TCU a couple times.

i don't see OU as anywhere near the worst offender. most of the North schedules, Tech, and the SEC are unreal. outside the Ohio State series, UT never plays anyone except UTEP/UNT's of the world and former SWC patsies and never leaves the state of Texas.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  5. Mick Ronson

if i had to bet a "margin", i'd bet OSU vs. Grambling. G won't have a chance to stop OSU.

6. Duff Man

OU actually does play some good OOC games. Tech and Kansas (and now KSU again) seem like the worst offenders to me.

7. CUwhit21

I thought the poll was the biggest mismatch OOC game?

Montana State was the first D1AA school we scheduled in our school's history. Regardless, I'd prefer we don't play teams like UMASS, Grambling or UNC.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  8. Mick Ronson

you are right, and i agree. i went off-topic a bit. i just think that it's shameful that adding the 12th game whatever it's purpose has turned into a reason to justify patsies OOC.

look at KU, KSU, and ISU OOC....if ISU and KSU can win 2 conference games you could have a North division in which every team is "bowl eligible" at 6 wins and only a couple teams above .500 in conference. not likely, but could happen just based on playing 4 gimmes OOC.

9. CUwhit21

Definitely agree there. Pretty much every team now goes for the 1 BCS team + 3 cupcakes.

OU and CU seem to be the exception to the rule. On a side note, I think Texas was supposed to play Arkansas and Utah this year, but both backed out.

10. Duff Man

Good points Mick. I just took a look at the schedules. KSU and ISU could start 4-0 or 2-2. KSU has two road games against Louisiana-Lafayette and UCLA. At first glance, neither team is a world beater, but would not surprise me one bit if they lost both games. ISU plays Iowa in Ames and Kent State on the road. Could be two losses there.

11. Mick Ronson

i think you are right about Utah-UT. i forgot about that. their future schedules seem to be a step up (last year being a hard lesson, i'm sure)...but, in the past they've been a joke and very regional flavored where they are "the bully".

12. CUwhit21

The funny thing is if Blake Gideon catches an easy interception against Graham Harrell, Texas is in the Big XII title game and likely in the national championship.

Easier to put the blame on scheduling or the tie breaker, but Horn fans seemed to have forgotten that play.

Interesting that Texas is traveling to Wyoming though. Florida never leaves the state of Florida, let alone to play a lower tier Mountain West school.

13. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

CU vs CSU, hands down.:smile2:

Wait, you forgot to put that in the poll????:confused:

14. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Oklahoma hosting Idaho State is the biggest mismatch.

I really don't get what a game like that does for them other than get some game experience for their backups. Doesn't seem worth the injury risk, imho.

15. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm wondering how the Idaho St/OU game came to be in the first place. Did another team back out of a contract? I agree that OU usually plays a pretty respectable OOC, so I'm not bagging on them for scheduling a patsy in this case, but of the options given, this has the biggest potential for a major blowout. OU could put 100 points on the board. The scout team will be playing by the third quarter.

dio likes this.
  16. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

OU will have the starters out before the half.

17. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Few D1 teams will not do a 1 off game anymore, although that may change because of the recession. Either that or the payoffs are getting bigger and bigger. Most non-BCS teams are trying to negotiate a 1-1 or 2-1 deal when scheduling. The fact that Texas is playing away shows that this is going to be an issue for even the big boys in the future.