1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Block/Charge Rule Change Coming

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by buff4bcs1985, May 9, 2013.

1. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

2. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

nm

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I love this part:

The other changes, which really are just a re-emphasis of existing rules on the book, will require officials to consistently and, perhaps exhaustively, crack down on handchecking, armbars, and other techniques used both on a primary ballhandler and on cutters moving through the lane.

4. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

Did Altman steal your girlfriend in another life?

5. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

That's probably the biggest piece of the proposed changes. I'm all for strong defense, but it needs to be played with your feet, not your hands. My only hope is that, with the rule changes, they don't swing too far and start consistently rewarding flopping.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Mayor is gonna eat people up this year

7. WasianCU

WasianCU Club Member Club Member

As I was reading the article I couldn't help but imagine the positive effects for Dinwiddie. Towards the end of the season, it seemed like he was getting called for charging constantly; these changes, if approved, will only further elevate his game.

8. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

With a good three man reffing crew, flopping shouldn't be a big issue. One of the guys should always in position to spots flops easily and with a new director of BB officiating, I remain hopeful that good crews will be developed.

9. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

The calls were so inconsistent at the end of last year. You never knew what you were going to get. Sometimes, he'd drive the lane, get minimal contact and get a foul called, sometimes he'd get hacked and nothing would be called, and sometimes the defender would be totally out of position and get the charge called. Hopefully clarifying the rules more will make for a better, more consistently officiated game.

10. Buffnik

The last charge on Mayor in the Illinois game was horrible. Might have been what decided the outcome.

11. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

having our most efficient (and best) scorer on the sideline for most of the game effected the outcome? :bang:

12. Buffnik

I wonder how many of our turnovers were charges last season. Really all 3 years under Tad. We've got to be up there nationally.