What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post Season Award Watchlists

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
So far I have only seen the semifinalist list for the Thorpe and it is pretty awful.

THORPE AWARD SEMIFINALISTS
Jaire Alexander, Louisville, So.
Budda Baker, Washington, Jr.
Travon Blanchard, Baylor, Jr.
Justin Evans, Texas A&M, Sr.
Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama, So.
Malik Hooker, Ohio State, So.
Adoree’ Jackson, USC, Jr.
Desmond King, Iowa, Sr.
Jourdan Lewis, Michigan, Sr.
Kai Nacua, BYU, Sr.
Jabrill Peppers, Michigan, Jr.
Weston Steelhammer, Air Force, Sr.
Cordrea Tankersley, Clemson, Sr.
Tre’Davious White, LSU, Sr.
Xavier Woods, Louisiana Tech, Sr.
Andrew Wingard, Wyoming, Sr

Holy **** lol.

Jabrill Peppers is not a DB and if he is, both Lewis and Stribling are better than him on his own team.

Marshon Lattimore is the best DB I've seen play. He's better than King and Lewis. I didn't expect a CU player on here because the country is still sleepin but how did they miss Lattimore?

Edit: and Adoree Jackson lol, yikes!

What JR said. With Peppers, he's a hell of a player, one of the best in the country. I don't know what his position is though. That bothers me that he's up for the Thorpe. I'd be more comfortable with a Heisman look for him.

Ridiculous that at least one of our three senior DBs is not on that list. Should be extra motivation for our boys.

And no one from **** Baylor should win anything, ever.

IMG_3849.PNG

(1:20)

These are the things that happen when you put him in coverage (I know they're both from last year but it's not like people put up blown coverage clips lol). Dude gets lost, it's why he's a 200lb linebacker right now. He's electrifying during returns, and closes ground extremely fast, especially when that monstrous NFL DL creates space for him to make plays. But he's not even close to the best defensive player on that team.

The B1G has some special DBs. King, Lewis, Lattimore, Fant, Likely, Gareon Conley. All better DBs than Peppers, at least by coverage standards. The hype machine has done wonders for Peppers and I'm irate that he made this list.

Midseason-watch-list.jpg

Some of the names on that list must be a few years old. OSU with 1 loss has "underperformed" , Alabama has done exactly what they were expected to do, UNC has 1 decent win, Nebraska lost to the only team with a winning record that they have played, Florida loses to the only decent team they've played. Seriously who come up with these?

Paul Chryst, PJ Fleck, Petersen, Sumlin, Whittingham, maybe Holgorsen, and of course Mac are the ones that truly deserve to be there.

Saban and Meyer are always going to have their teams in CFP contention, so that automatically puts them up there. Does Stoops really deserve consideration? An underachieving, 2 loss playoff team from a year ago?

I think outside of Stoops and McElwain, that is a pretty good list.

Saban deserves to be on this list every year until proven otherwise IMO.

Good thing they played them in Lincoln.
Oh yeah and WYO was leading that game by 7 late in the third quarter, then generously turned the ball over 5 times to hand the Nubs a rout. That's some quality Top 10 resume stuff there.

IMG_3916.JPG

Anyone know when the Conn Smythe trophy finalists come out? ^_^

I'm salty AF but this is the kind of **** that leads to Tedric Thompson not being a first team all pac12 safety despite leading all safeties in INTs and PBU (s/o DGRbuff on Scout). Guess you gotta return kickoffs and score some TDs on offense to prove your value at a defensive spot.

21. Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
Peppers has started to fall down our board just a bit, as his play on the field as of late hasn’t quite lived up to his hype. While his elite athleticism and ability as a returner is blindingly apparent every time he steps on the field, his play on the back end has been less than stellar. When targeted in coverage this season, he has yielded receptions on 20 of 26 targets and does not have a single pass defended when he is the primary defender (his lone interception against Ohio State was a case of him being in the right place at the right time off a pass tipped in front). He also lacks the size to consistently take on and shed blocks going forward, as the majority of his impact plays this year have come when he has been unblocked. Teams considering him will need sell themselves on the idea that his coverage struggles could be due to his hybrid role, but it may be difficult for some to come to terms with the thought that he may be a two-down player at the next level.

The ESPN hype machine is a runaway train smh. Been saying it since last year. He's entertaining and it's fun to watch him play, but not at the expense of better players who don't get anywhere near the credit. Certainly not his fault but I'm an obsessed hater now.

21. Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
Peppers has started to fall down our board just a bit, as his play on the field as of late hasn’t quite lived up to his hype. While his elite athleticism and ability as a returner is blindingly apparent every time he steps on the field, his play on the back end has been less than stellar. When targeted in coverage this season, he has yielded receptions on 20 of 26 targets and does not have a single pass defended when he is the primary defender (his lone interception against Ohio State was a case of him being in the right place at the right time off a pass tipped in front). He also lacks the size to consistently take on and shed blocks going forward, as the majority of his impact plays this year have come when he has been unblocked. Teams considering him will need sell themselves on the idea that his coverage struggles could be due to his hybrid role, but it may be difficult for some to come to terms with the thought that he may be a two-down player at the next level.

The ESPN hype machine is a runaway train smh. Been saying it since last year. He's entertaining and it's fun to watch him play, but not at the expense of better players who don't get anywhere near the credit. Certainly not his fault but I'm an obsessed hater now.
Interested to see where he plays in the NFL. If he can't cover in college, he isn't doing it in the NFL at any secondary position, and he's far too small to be a LB. Very definition of a tweener that could easily be a complete bust as a top 10 pick.

Back