1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practice report

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Scout has a report and pictures from the first fall practice of 2007. I like the size of a lot of the freshmen! I'm so pumped for the season!!!:thumbsup:

It sounds like Markques Simas and Josh Smith impressed the coaches this morning

Practice report

Pictures from practice

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
    SJBuff likes this.
  2. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

you beat me to it. :smile2:

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I'm pretty sure the walk on DE, Kevin Cooney, is the son of Mark Cooney who played on the D-Line back in the 70's. Mark was the MVP of the Gator Bowl or something and went on to play a year at Green Bay.

4. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

I sure hope Harrison spit Obi out after he swallowed him. They do not say.

5. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

my favorite part:

Is the overall strength of the team now comparable to the teams that Hawkins and strength coach Jeff Pittman fielded at Boise State? "Yes," Hawkins stated. "In fact, Pitt said based off of what we did in the summer this is the strongest team he's had. That is saying something."

6. Goldenbuff12

Goldenbuff12 Guest

The rivals report is up.

7. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I hope young Obi gets to learn a lot of those lessons during fall camp so he learns how to beat 'em when it counts.

Heard our o-line has been playing with quite an attitude this summer which is good to hear. Bring it on!!!!!

8. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Like seeing that we also have 3 or 4 walk on O-linemen this year. So with the 7 or 8 signed, and the retuning guys, plus the wlak ons, we are looking better.

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I believe we have something like 15 O-linemen on the team right now. Many are first-year players, but Sau and Miller are men-mountains who already have the size to play the position. I think O-Line is going to be a strength of this team - next year. Right now, it's still too thin at the top.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

In watching Ryan Miller in high school, I felt that he had a lot of work to do on technique. But I'm no expert. Anyone have any opinions about that?

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I never saw him play in high school, but what you're saying would make perfect sense. When you're 6'8" and weigh 300 lbs, you don't need technique in high school. You just need to push the poor son of a bitch in front of you out of the way. D-1 football is a little different, as the poor son of a bitch in front of you might very well be playing in the NFL in another year.

12. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

It might very well be that Kevin Cooney is Mark Cooney's son. I'll be interested to find out for sure. It would be great to see him make it. Mark's locker was next to mine in '71 when he was a sophomore. He was a nice guy and welcomed me when I walked on back way back then.