1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prediction: Scott Will not Transfer

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by AlferdJasper, Oct 10, 2009.

1. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

I'm not posting on the other thread, but I respectfully disagree with its premise.

In my humble and informed opinion, Darrell Scott is a buff, will remain a buff, and it's insulting to keep assuming he can't think for himself just because his uncle transferred.

[​IMG]

buff4bcs1985 likes this.
  2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

He's definitely frustrated.

Things could change for him now that Hansen is in. The offense gets more run oriented now.

4. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Well they finally put in Hansen, maybe they will start giving him the damn ball? My dad watched the game with me and when DS had that return said watch off to the bench. Well, i was right. Give the guy the ****ing football, do him and Hawk not get along or what? Even if they dont, thats no excuse. Put the guy on the ****ing field please. We have been waiting for this guy to break out forever and he has how many td's here? Like 1? Thats a joke.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

6. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I'm hoping so. I heard Kiesau talking before the game on KOA and he was talking about how we would get Scott & Stewart carries all game long (even if it's 3 yards, cloud of dust type of stuff). That gave me hope. I couldn't help but feel tonight that Scott HAS to be frustrated that he's not getting a bunch of carries (and yes, Stewart looked good tonight, and with the way our o-line gives up penetration, Stewart is the better choice back there, but you know he's frustrated).

Hope he wants to stick around. I still feel like he could be a beast behind our line once they figure it out

7. BuffLuKe

Our oline doesnt get push, thats obvious. I think we should start zoning. Get a body on a body and let the back work, plus its not that difficult to pick up.

8. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

I know that this thread will eventually turn bad.

9. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

well i never said he cant make his own mind up ...im saying if he wants to play football he will need to go to any other team to play i would if i was him im a true buff but why waste him with 4 carries a game...btw stewart wouldnt start at any other team in the big 12...well mabe cause they would tell him north n south not west n east he waste to much time moving backwards and sideways to only get back to line he did that alot tonite...hawkachoo wont play him cause hes beast!!!

10. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

Stewart would start or receive PLENTY of playing time alot of places in the Big 12.

11. AlferdJasper

Not my intent. I just didn't see a point in bumping and adding to the thread that contradicts this one.

Whether or not Darrell is frustrated with carries -- and he hasn't said -- transferring would not be easy. Where ever he would go, he'd have to sit out a year. He's already played two. He has two years left at best to play. He needs to learn that at college level, you can't just run into the line and push your way through like in high school. The guys are bigger and stronger. He needs to make a few more moves and consider running to the side.

He could be very good and we'll see how he is played next week, and with a new QB, too.

12. BuffLuKe

I heard Maurice Drew say something that fits DScott to a T and what he needs to learn. Slow to the hole, fast through it. That is the patience to the hole ive been talking about. He figures that out, sky is the limit.

13. AlferdJasper

Yes, I think he just needs to adjust to college play and his talent will shine. And that has to happen, no matter which school he is at.

So I hope (and predict) he'll work out the timing here, not explore greener pastures.

14. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I'm no RB expert, but waiting patiently behind our OL is going to result in 3 yard losses. The fact of the matter is when he has received carries he has had absolutely nowhere to go. Speedy had plenty of that tonight and even he couldn't squirt around to the side.

15. Bisonic

Bisonic Member

These delayed draws are not helping us. With a light, quick OL, I don't think you sit back there and wait for hole to open up. You snap, hand off, and use momentum to get you 3-8 yards every play.

By the way, if Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, or Lou Holtz were alive they could explain this better than me. Point being, it ain't new stuff.

Huh? Holtz is still alive? Oh yeah, I wish he was dead.

SJBuff likes this.
  16. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I don't think Miller is all that quick, our counter plays with pulling guards seem to result in negative yardage more often that not. I really wish they'd try some toss sweeps even though Texas would probably tear those up with their speed.

17. BuffLuKe

Damn guys, why do u think we should go to a zone running game? it isnt that hard to hit the guy across from you. You dont have to be fast or all quick, engage the guy and let him go where he wants, for those that say what about slanting or shooting gaps, dont matter. You got a body on a body and u let the back do the work, u dont need a huge push. Counters and Traps are way more complicated. One cut downhill. It works, 2 Bowls dont lie.

18. BuffLuKe

Another thing, why the hell are we running counters with a guy that doesnt have patience to the hole? That is not a good idea. thats a Speedy play not a DS play, tellin yall, he is a straight line back. Its not really a surprise he hasnt been productive here when we get no push up front. The guy is a north south back, not east west. If you try to make him that, ur gonna get 5 carries for 10 yards.

19. AlferdJasper

Tadploe,
    this is the thread you need to post on.

Positive thoughts, good karma, shiny outlook.

20. DukeCityBuff

DukeCityBuff New Member

Toss sweep right is his run! But are coaches can not see the edge is where he should live.:thumbsup:

21. west coast

west coast Guest

wow, i think my post was removed for stating that scott doesn't make people miss? pretty sensitive

22. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

MISS! Big Miss!
    [​IMG]

23. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

No posts have been deleted from this thread. Perhaps you responded to a different thread?

24. AlferdJasper

This is the gung-ho, Darrell Scott is a buff, yay! thread.

You might have been posting in the dark, smelly musty dungeon of depressed fans losing all hope.

Stay here. We have cookies.

[​IMG]

25. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

and, of course, [​IMG]

26. AlferdJasper

ymssra,

unicorn rep. :thumbsup:

27. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

that was one damn solid unicorn huh? :lol: sparkles FTW!

28. AlferdJasper

BUMP.

[​IMG]