What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

The RMS is the ideal game for us to start out the year with. There is no way we'll overlook it due to the rivalry factor, but CSU is the worst team on the schedule after the suspensions. We'll get a chance to get alot of young guys crucial snaps in all three phases of the game.

As an aside, I had a dream last night that Abron took it to the house (80-ish yards) on the first snap of the season. Place went ballistic. CAN'T WAIT.

If Abron is taking the first snap of the season I would be stoked. He would be the real deal unseating To-Jo and Ford like that. Lets hope your dream is true

Our DL had almost no experience last year outside of CJ James.

Yet that DL wrecked havoc in the CSU OL during one spring scrimmage where the OL gave up a bunch of sacks. Not good for the Rams when CU has one DL who earned consideration for all Pac-12 honors last season plus several other players who are capable of all Pac-12 honors.

Better get some extra padding in the helmets and shoulder pads for the QBs...they will need it.

Gasm,

CU still had the feel of a Big 12 team in the Pac-12 last season but due to attrition the last couple of offseasons, this year's CU team should have more of the feel of a Pac-12 team. If you thought Utah was a fast team overall in the MWC, the truth was that the Utes were actually one of the slowest teams overall in the Pac-12 along with CU.

Is CSU going to be ready for a faster CU team overall? Can the CSU OL give the Ram QB time to throw the ball?

Maurice Jones-Drew: 5'7"
Barry Sanders: 5'8"
Emmitt Smith: 5'9"

Thats cute. Comparing your Running backs who have accomplished absolutely nothing to three of the greatest running backs of all time.

Also ha ya right Donta Abron is not 5'10. 5'8" more like it.

Thats cute. Comparing your Running backs who have accomplished absolutely nothing to three of the greatest running backs of all time.

Is that what he did? I thought he was responding directly to the assertion that shorter RBs can't carry the load in a running offense. I still like big backs (maybe it's my Purify-Brown bias), but most NFL RBs are 5'10" or less these days.

Really? You've seen him? Do tell. By the way, expect him to get some carries against you. He apparently looks like a bad ass.

Is that what he did? I thought he was responding directly to the assertion that shorter RBs can't carry the load in a running offense. I still like big backs (maybe it's my Purify-Brown bias), but most NFL RBs are 5'10" or less these days.

Embree was the one complaining about having small runningbacks. Take it from him.

Really? You've seen him? Do tell. By the way, expect him to get some carries against you. He apparently looks like a bad ass.
5'9 on scout. Did you watch his highlight tape?

The kid is a midget. I'm not saying he won't be good but he is 5'8 and I think its a mistake having 4 RBs who are around 5-8" in a pro style offense

I'm scurred of CSU trotting out Dorian Brown and Mister Jones. Btw McElwhine's first class looks to have about 1/3 of it placeholders who never even qualified

I'm scurred of CSU trotting out Dorian Brown and Mister Jones. Btw McElwhine's first class looks to have about 1/3 of it placeholders who never even qualified

Pretty sure only 3 didn't qualify. Darric Thomas, Brett Jordan and Mister Jones. Still waiting on Ragland and Tonga. Far from 1/3 but every school has their attrition (Jagne)

Bibbs? The class act who cheated on his ACTs?

You have a weird view of CSU's skill level.

Not jealous of CSU at the skill positions. I doubt anyone is, probably the worst group we played all season.

Sounds legit that a kid already caught cheating on the ACTs turned around and churned out nearly 50 credits at a JUCO in a year. Not suspicious at all.

Realistically, CU should win the opener by 3 scores. I haven't looked much at CSU's schedule beyond that. But there's a good chance they'll lose to their 1-AA opponent (defending nat'l champs, I think). Not sure who the other OOC opponents are. Then they've got the MWC. UNM should be a win. I think they'll get UNLV too. Wyoming and AFA have had their number lately. SJSU beat CSU in FoCo last year, so I suppose they get them in San Jose this year. Fresno and Nevada are simply better teams no matter where they play. Do they play Hawaii? Loss if it's on the road and a win if it's at home. Utah State can be sneaky good or be awful depending on when you catch them.

Regardless, I think there's a chance of improvement to 4 or 5 wins playing in the watered-down MWC.

Hey Gasm, what do you think CSU's record will be this year? If you have stated already, I missed it.

Realistically, CU should win the opener by 3 scores. I haven't looked much at CSU's schedule beyond that. But there's a good chance they'll lose to their 1-AA opponent (defending nat'l champs, I think). Not sure who the other OOC opponents are. Then they've got the MWC. UNM should be a win. I think they'll get UNLV too. Wyoming and AFA have had their number lately. SJSU beat CSU in FoCo last year, so I suppose they get them in San Jose this year. Fresno and Nevada are simply better teams no matter where they play. Do they play Hawaii? Loss if it's on the road and a win if it's at home. Utah State can be sneaky good or be awful depending on when you catch them.

Regardless, I think there's a chance of improvement to 4 or 5 wins playing in the watered-down MWC.

They have to have the easiest schedule in the nation, or close to it. As such, I think it is a wild-card on how well they do. If they don't get past 5 wins, then they should be mighty concerned.

Hey Gasm, what do you think CSU's record will be this year? If you have stated already, I missed it.

With the 114th easiest schedule, the loss of Pete Thomas, and tied for most 1st team MWC players I think 6-6 or 7-5 is pretty reasonable.

Not to mention it is a large down year for many schools in the conference (Wyo, Hawaii, Boise, Air Force) etc

Sounds like Bibbs is lying. Snow College allows a maximum of 18 credits for a freshman and 20 for non-freshman. So he has a MAX of 36, not 49. He is as good as lying about credits taken as he is at cheating on his ACT

Brilliant argument style. I obliterated your point that CU's RBs can't carry the load because they're "midgets." So you ignore that you were wrong and allege I'm comparing CU's RBs to some of the best ever. Talk about a logical leap.

Sounds like Bibbs is lying. Snow College allows a maximum of 18 credits for a freshman and 20 for non-freshman. So he has a MAX of 36, not 49. He is as good as lying about credits taken as he is at cheating on his ACT

I don't know the circumstances in his degree but he already graduated with his Associates

CSU clearly doesn't concern itself with the academic requirements for its athletes these days. They can barely get some of these guys admitted even with the 'special talents' clause.

Bibbs took 49 P.E. "credits" which actually count towards transfer/degree at CSU

Back