What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

Well, terrible racism exists across the entire world. Given the US’ size and remarkable heterogeneity, it’s surprising the US doesn’t actually have more problems.
Very true. It just feels like this Nation has taken a massive step back in regards discrimination and bigotry.

I'm see curious how recruits respond to Lanning near term and long term. He assumed that if the Ducks could just kick CU's ass, the narrative would end and Coach Prime would no longer be a threat. I think he misjudged the situation.

To me he looked petty and insecure on Saturday, and Prime emerged as the more mature and likable coach.

But I'm wondering if others outside the two programs are seeing that (I'm pretty biased). I'm wondering if recruits see that.

I suspect that they do.
I agree with you here.

I also think opposing coaches misjudge the situation with Sanders. If he is viewed has a confident black man approaching a traditionally white fraternity, then ganging up on him to try to suppress him will instead make him a rallying point

That gets reinforced when Lanning is so outwardly hostile. Imagine if Prime talked that much ****. Prime is flashy and confident and calls out the media and haters... but I can't recall him directly talking **** about an opponent. If he did you can imagine the outrage. Yet Lanning gets treated like a savior of college football.

I agree with you here.

I also think opposing coaches misjudge the situation with Sanders. If he is viewed has a confident black man approaching a traditionally white fraternity, then ganging up on him to try to suppress him will instead make him a rallying point

That gets reinforced when Lanning is so outwardly hostile. Imagine if Prime talked that much ****. Prime is flashy and confident and calls out the media and haters... but I can't recall him directly talking **** about an opponent. If he did you can imagine the outrage. Yet Lanning gets treated like a savior of college football.
Maybe that's why keyshawn Johnson was saying Oregon was getting a lot of outside help/info on Colorado today

Edit: Didn't see it posted earlier earlier

Last edited:
Midwesterners are some of the nicest, fairest, non-racist people you’ll ever meet as well. I’ve witnessed racism in SoCal, NoCal, Denver, Midwest, NYC, Texas and Florida.
IMHO the two most racist towns in this country are Chicago and Boston. Baltimore is a close third

Almost started a new thread for this, but this is crazy if true. It truly is us against the world.

Fear. Who would have thought that a person dedicated to opportunity for kids, to teaching personal accountability, and to creating a pipeline of opportunity for coaches would have caused this much ruckus.

Tell me you lack all the above without telling me.
The fraternity is terrified.
Absolutely. Fear. They know they cannot sell connection, accountability and family like CP.

He is the revolution. Viva la revolution.
Primes humble and congratulatory speech toward Lanning, followed up with “they better get me now cause this is the worst we’re going to be” has to be awesome for recruits to hear
It provides clarity. It was everything I needed to hear, too.

One thing I believe drives a lot of the polarization is that Coach Prime is so extremely honest that he puts everything out there - recruiting practices, coaching room, team meetings, practices, slice of life stuff from players, coaches & staff... then also talks about things openly and non-politically which most avoid touching on or don't want to be made public about the profession, industry and sport. People fear his honesty.

Maybe that's why keyshawn Johnson was saying Oregon was getting a lot of outside help/info on Colorado today

Jersey Shore Reaction GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

One thing I believe drives a lot of the polarization is that Coach Prime is so extremely honest that he puts everything out there - recruiting practices, coaching room, team meetings, practices, slice of life stuff from players, coaches & staff... then also talks about things openly and non-politically which most avoid touching on or don't want to be made public about the profession, industry and sport. People fear his honesty.
I’ve said it before, but what struck me the most about one of Coach Prime’s first meetings with players was in telling them that the cameras were going to tell the whole story. The good and the bad. So understand that going in.

And something else.

He does this but he just doesn't fit the mold. Look at coaching hirings. It's all about the mold. Every coach aims to be in the mold. Deion is an obvious outsider. He didn't do it their way. I seen this at Jackson. But it's even worse at Colorado. Probably because none of the coaches look like him and get really well paid, there is no one kissing up to him. Willie, him, Eddie George, and Coach Dancy all became close but the other coaches in the SWAC hated Prime. The only coaches I seen go out their way to lean support to Prime in the FBS is Marcus Freeman and Nick Saban who are still working HCs. So far, I don't see him with many advocates. Chip Kelly seems to be okay with him as far as I've listened to.

Prime also gets a lot of attention. Regardless of what he does. That isn't liked among other coaches unless it's earned. It is what it is.

They just have a platform now, so it's louder. It's always been there.

Plus, and I am not trying to turn this political (which is impossible when it comes to societal problems) certain developments which culminated in the residency of someone in a certain house close to the Eastern seaboard from 2016 to 2020 emboldened people in their views and made them feel like it's ok to be racist and voice racist views

I agree with you here.

Lanning came off as petty and jealous. Other coaches are going to see that. They're going to go about things in a different way now, but I doubt anyone acts that way in a win or loss against Prime ever again.

He does this but he just doesn't fit the mold. Look at coaching hirings. It's all about the mold. Every coach aims to be in the mold. Deion is an obvious outsider. He didn't do it their way. I seen this at Jackson. But it's even worse at Colorado. Probably because none of the coaches look like him and get really well paid, there is no one kissing up to him. Willie, him, Eddie George, and Coach Dancy all became close but the other coaches in the SWAC hated Prime. The only coaches I seen go out their way to lean support to Prime in the FBS is Marcus Freeman and Nick Saban who are still working HCs. So far, I don't see him with many advocates. Chip Kelly seems to be okay with him as far as I've listened to.

Prime also gets a lot of attention. Regardless of what he does. That isn't liked among other coaches unless it's earned. It is what it is.
I think Lincoln Riley has been very positive on Prime since the beginning as well.

I think coaches who are confident in their own abilities and process are not only not intimidated by Prime, but welcome the additional interest he brings to college football.

I think Lincoln Riley has been very positive on Prime since the beginning as well.

I think coaches who are confident in their own abilities and process are not only not intimidated by Prime, but welcome the additional interest he brings to college football.
I share that impression. Well established coaches who aren't complete curmudgeons about change (Mack, Lincoln, Lane, Chip, Urban, Saban) are so secure about who they are and what they do that they don't feel threatened by Coach Prime in the way others do. They recognize and appreciate good coaching and organizational practices, so they're cool with Coach Prime, will be complimentary, and take whatever lessons they can apply to their own program models.

I’m actually surprised at most of the comments. A lot of, “every fan base has a few idiot fans” and “would those FBs rather be 1-11”. Of course there’s some prime hate as well

she made it to the 40 on the opening run and might've crossed the 20 on the 2nd half run
She made it past the 30 in the 2nd half, I think, but only because the handlers lined up and forced her (as much as you can force Ralphie to do anything) to run further before making her initial turn.

Back