What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Protest

I'm in a bit of a quandry - My Dad is religious about attending football games. He needs to be there on time, at the beginning, and stay all the way to the end. Regardless of the quality of the product on the field, he feels like if he is going to go to the game, he's going to see the whole thing.

I, on the other hand, am of the opinion that a strong message needs to be sent by not attending the game. I can't do that, though. I am wondering if some kind of compromise can be arranged between me and my Dad whereby we show up after the first quarter is completed. That would keep us in the parking lot a little longer which, let's face facts, is more enjoyable anyway.
Turn the radio on and keep the tailgate going throughout the game. Tell dad that if he needs to, go in, and that you'll be there when he comes out.

May I suggest some HS football? I took my boy to a game recently, and I would have to say it was a kick. $5 per person to get in, no huge crowd, saw kids who were older siblings of my boy's buddies, or kid we knew from the community, no pat down to get in, cheap concessions. It isn't the Buffs, but it was enjoyable.
Absolutely, we go to at least 10 a year. Great fun.

How old is pops sacky? My take: go to the game with your dad, laugh and have a good time and even though the Buffs being bad may cause your blood to boil you can still have a lot of fun with your Dad.

Then again, if you live with your Dad or see him for dinner regularly perhaps you could skip. The games you both go to--both good and dreadful--will still be memories to cherish. Maybe not now, but at some point. I'd love to go see a game with my Mom that passed away and the memory I have the one game I went with my parents to was awesome (in the BJax year against ISU).

Yes, they've got your money. They've got your seat tax (donation) too.

But they aren't going to get anything from you for concessions - which is where the real money is made. You aren't going to pay for parking or support the Boulder / Hill community (not sure if you do that, anyway). You're also not going to be sitting in your seat when the television cameras pan the crowd.

THAT's what gets people talking. When only 30,000 fans show up to a 54,000 seat stadium -- THEN they start wondering about season ticket sales for next year. THEN they start worrying about whether ABC/ESPN is going to want to show up to televise games in the future. THEN they start wondering about public perception and the perception of recruits, etc.

Keep showing up at the games and the folks in the ivory tower think, "See, these fans are still with us. No reason to rock the boat now, the fans are still on board. These coaches just need a little more time."

again, I aks...who are the 30,000 people that are still showing up? what is their story?

How old is pops sacky? My take: go to the game with your dad, laugh and have a good time and even though the Buffs being bad may cause your blood to boil you can still have a lot of fun with your Dad.

Then again, if you live with your Dad or see him for dinner regularly perhaps you could skip. The games you both go to--both good and dreadful--will still be memories to cherish. Maybe not now, but at some point. I'd love to go see a game with my Mom that passed away and the memory I have the one game I went with my parents to was awesome (in the BJax year against ISU).

Well, you've kind of hit on the crux of the situation. I very much cherish the time I have with my Dad, and going to the games is part of that time. I don't want to give that up just because I'm pissed at the football team. And make no mistake, I'm PISSED at the football team. :lol:

Well, at least they won't have to worry about people showing up in powder blue. How embarassing that would be. It's much, much better when people just don't show up at all.

Well, at least they won't have to worry about people showing up in powder blue. How embarassing that would be. It's much, much better when people just don't show up at all.

I'm sure there won't be more than 200 empty seats...

Okay. I just enjoyed a phone conversation with a great CU Buff, and he planted the seed for a fantastic (IMO) protest idea that permits us to support our players. I don't want to go in the open with this (did they ever catch that 87-to-Infinity guy?) but PM me if you have tickets to the game (even if you're not planning on attending) and want to protest.

Don't even think about contacting me if you have fewer than 800 posts and/or joined later than October 2011 (AD Plants...you know who you are).

No pants at the game?

my3a5u3y.jpg

I'm not going to fly up for the game on Saturday.

In my vacant seats, I would like to place stony quiet yet terrifying looking pair of terracotta soldiers. (See pix above.)

These statues should sit shoulder to shoulder and must be holding my tickets along with the following message.

"Congradulations to the repeat Pac12 Champion Men's Cross Country Team. These tickets are purchased in support of you.

I love the Buffs players and support the facilities enhancemements.

Misters DiStephano and Benson, these historically brutal blowout losses have turned me to stone. Please make a winning CU football team a priority and help reanimate me. "

If an army of terracotta soldiers cannot be realistically brought into Folsom on behalf of disappointed fans on short notice, then maybe someone can just tape my tickets on my seats at the beginning of the game and then return to the tailgate or enjoy a carefree weekend in Boulder.

PS, I'd normally donate my unused tickets to the make a wish foundation, but I don't want to be responsible for breaking the heart of some sickly kid.

Funny that being a fair-weather fan is not only advocated, it is considered a form of civil disobedience. In the end, though, it is just being a fair-weather fan.
If you think that not going to a game qualifies as civil disobedience, you should rethink your definition of civil disobedience.

Funny that being a fair-weather fan is not only advocated, it is considered a form of civil disobedience. In the end, though, it is just being a fair-weather fan.

Are you ****ing serious? Wow what a dumb****ing post. Anyone who is on this site and isn't trolling or isn't a CU fan is not a fair weather fan.

my3a5u3y.jpg

I'm not going to fly up for the game on Saturday.

In my vacant seats, I would like to place stony quiet yet terrifying looking pair of terracotta soldiers. (See pix above.)

These statues should sit shoulder to shoulder and must be holding my tickets along with the following message.

"Congradulations to the repeat Pac12 Champion Men's Cross Country Team. These tickets are purchased in support of you.

I love the Buffs players and support the facilities enhancemements.

Misters DiStephano and Benson, these historically brutal blowout losses have turned me to stone. Please make a winning CU football team a priority and help reanimate me. "

If an army of terracotta soldiers cannot be realistically brought into Folsom on behalf of disappointed fans on short notice, then maybe someone can just tape my tickets on my seats at the beginning of the game and then return to the tailgate or enjoy a carefree weekend in Boulder.

PS, I'd normally donate my unused tickets to the make a wish foundation, but I don't want to be responsible for breaking the heart of some sickly kid.
This is brilliant. And Boulder should have no trouble finding stone(r) soldiers to carry it out!

I commend anyone who is still a CU fan in 2012.

This is very solid advice.

No protests will work. These people don't give a **** about us or our football program anymore. Eventually fans will begin to not care. We're doomed.

No protests will work. These people don't give a **** about us or our football program anymore. Eventually fans will begin to not care. We're doomed.

Well if that is the case, then not going is just good advice on general principle.

Back