1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Coaching contracts

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buff_since76, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

I know most of the coaching staff is on a year to year contract. Does anyone know if these are calendar year, school year, or 1 year from when they signed on? I know Kyle Ringo mentioned he felt some coaching changes would occur, but that Hawk was waiting for the contract to expire, and to see if the coach could catch on to another program. I am interested to know if this will occur after signing day, but before spring ball starts.

Anyone know?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I believe that they run so that the 1-year contract expires at the end of the fall semester. I'm not 100% on this, but I think I'm right because I remember reading that Foster had completed his contract. That could have been a special case, but the timing would seem to make sense.

3. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Interesting, if that's right. Imagine making a New Years bowl game, you'd have to re-up all your coaches if you wanted them to coach through the bowl game.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That's a great point. Foster was probably a special case.

5. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Seems to me like the program would want the contracts to last through the recruiting cycle and then make the coaches sign a new one in the spring.

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I believe it is June 30th - which makes no sense, but it's a state employee thing. I remember seeing that posted when we were calculating the cost of changing coaches and it equated to a half year of payoff for each assistant coach.

7. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

The State's year runs from July 1-June 30. Each year's budget and nearly all new Legislation passed each year takes effect July 1st, so it would make sense to have contracts run the same timeframe.

8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Aren't most of the coaches on month-to-month, with that weird legislation? Seems that if that's the case, there wouldn't be buyouts for most of them.