1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick PAC12 stat review

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Bufffan68, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...eek=0&category=OVERALL&group=18&team=1&qual=1

Yes, the once lowly Buffs are #2 in offense (#2 passing, #5 rushing), #7 in yds allowed, #5 in sacks, #5 in kick return avg. Sefo is #5 in the country and Spruce is #1.

Mac is proving he's the man. This season is shaping up to look like his 2nd year at SJSU...much more competitive, but not a ton of wins, but a lot more football to play.

I can't believe I am now thinking that we at least have a shot in every game we play, but at the rate this team is improving and the way they are playing, I no longer have any game on the "for sure to lose" column. A few, esp Oregon, are in the "very good odds we won't win", but I now have hope we at least have an outside shot.

2. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I hoped to see improvement, but I feel the team is growing quicker than I hoped. Or at least, I thought they would be further ahead at the start of the season, but not grow as fast from there. And I agree. Some games are unlikely wins, but with the fight the team is showing, and the maturity it is going through, it gives a glimmer of hope where there was none.

3. Bufffan68

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  4. 90sBuff

90sBuff Club Member Club Member

I completely agree with you. Really fast growth here. I love what HCMM is doing.

After losing to CSU and hearing about the "youth" on this team, I think one big question was if that was a hollow promise like we had heard from previous coaches.

But HCMM really has shown that he IS developing these players. It's really exciting to see. We've got ourselves a real coach and he's giving us something to really look forward to.

we have 4 more home games. I know it seems like beating all 4 would be a miracle, but this Buffs team has already been a big surprise and we can still make a bowl of we win all 4.

Even if we don't, I'm proud to be a Buff!! Future is bright!

5. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

Last in points allowed per game. Just saying'.

6. Bufffan68

Progress not perfection :nod:

7. cnbuff410

cnbuff410 Club Member Club Member

Given the remain schedule, if we win 2 more games, I will be very very satisfied. And it's doable.

8. Bufffan68

Guess which team is #1 in the NATION in number of offensive plays? Yup... daaaaa Buffs!

9. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

Just keep in mind a lot of top teams have only played 4 games so far. Not trying to rain on our parade (yesterday's offense was truly absurd) but per game stats are meaningful right now.

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I didn't think our offense would be very good this year, so I'm more than pleasantly surprised.

We're not getting much from our OL, RBs or TEs and 3 of our main WR weapons (Fields, Bobo and Lee) are making a lot of freshman mistakes.

Honestly, they shouldn't be as good as they were on Saturday. Future is very bright.

11. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

that really is a fast paced offense. very crisp, very efficient lining up and all. fun to see a well-coached team again.

12. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

This is great, clearly a step forward to a 'real' P5 team.... but look forward to getting over the hump and getting some wins.