What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: ... and then there were three

RSSBot

News Junkie
The 4-way battle for the #1 QB slot on the CU depth chart didn't even last a day.

Freshman Shane Dillon is still recovering from his February surgery to repair a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. While cleared to practice, he's still very limited. In that light, Coach Embree announced yesterday that Dillon will likely redshirt, and is therefore out of the QB competition. The race is, be default, down to three.

This was not always a part of the plan. Many had, prior to the surgery, thought Dillon to be a dark horse contender for the QB crown. However, logic would dictate that, even when healthy, it'd take a pretty special kid to supplant a seasoned veteran (Webb), a high-profile transfer with plenty of practice time (Wood), or a returning in-program backup (Hirschman). I'm not saying that it was impossible, but, had a healthy Dillon won the job, I'd have been floored.
Hirschman and the QB corps are battling it out this fall. From: the BDC
As it stands, three quality options remain for Embree and crew to choose from. With practices closed, progress reports will be slow to emerge, and even then tainted with a twinge of PR spin. (Case-in-point, the quote of the day from Coach Embree is that each of the three QB's "had their moments... this competition, I guess, is going to have to go at least two days." That's some deep **** right there.) Even with the media blackout, expect plenty of rumored developments to hit the waves over the next two weeks.
8030839680057503187-7500815914322848271

m9KNZuvl0lk

The 4-way battle for the #1 QB slot on the CU depth chart didn't even last a day.

Freshman Shane Dillon is still recovering from his February surgery to repair a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. While cleared to practice, he's still very limited. In that light, Coach Embree announced yesterday that Dillon will likely redshirt, and is therefore out of the QB competition. The race is, be default, down to three.

This was not always a part of the plan. Many had, prior to the surgery, thought Dillon to be a dark horse contender for the QB crown. However, logic would dictate that, even when healthy, it'd take a pretty special kid to supplant a seasoned veteran (Webb), a high-profile transfer with plenty of practice time (Wood), or a returning in-program backup (Hirschman). I'm not saying that it was impossible, but, had a healthy Dillon won the job, I'd have been floored.
Hirschman and the QB corps are battling it out this fall. From: the BDC
As it stands, three quality options remain for Embree and crew to choose from. With practices closed, progress reports will be slow to emerge, and even then tainted with a twinge of PR spin. (Case-in-point, the quote of the day from Coach Embree is that each of the three QB's "had their moments... this competition, I guess, is going to have to go at least two days." That's some deep **** right there.) Even with the media blackout, expect plenty of rumored developments to hit the waves over the next two weeks.
8030839680057503187-7500815914322848271

m9KNZuvl0lk

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back