What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quincy A what's the story?

Always BUFF

I post stupid ****
Somewhere down the line I must've missed something as the reason(s) for him not seeing the court. I know he had an injury.

He’s the biggest **** up ever and Tad is so dumb he can’t figure out how to tie his shoes.

(In actuality, it appears he struggled with the adjustment and may not have developed like other players have and has been passed in the rotation and Tad refuses to play guys who don’t buy in to D and rebounding)

I get the sense he's a guy who has always gotten by on being more athletic than everyone else, and he's simply not a hard worker or a particularly high energy player.

The physical ability is always evident when he's on the court. Has had a couple blocks in garbage time where he was really out of position and recovered in a way no one else on this roster can, but no one else would have been that out of position 🤷.

I get the sense he's a guy who has always gotten by on being more athletic than everyone else, and he's simply not a hard worker or a particularly high energy player.

The physical ability is always evident when he's on the court. Has had a couple blocks in garbage time where he was really out of position and recovered in a way no one else on this roster can, but no one else would have been that out of position 🤷.
You may be right, but to me not being a "hard worker" makes a player a disruptive, negative on a team. I wonder if Tad would tolerate that, and I also think there'd be some bad feelings on of the part of other players - and I haven't seen/heard that.

I do not like it when we are actually up on a team and we put in the "garbage time" squad and QA goes out there and looks like a stud, and the "Starters" are cheering for him. Very bad look there, whereas QA probably schools most of them in practice. Such a cluster and part of why this team is struggling is not having QA beat people out of playing time, and not having Tad or another assistant get through to him.

No one connected to the program, from Mark J and SW at KOA, to Brooks, Rooney and Howell (all of whose jobs it is to report on things like this, and all of whom attend practices at times), to the players, to the coaches and staff, to Tad, will talk about this. They have a reason; they want to leave it alone.

I'm confused. Is he the CU version of Nickolas Tskishvilli, aka: Skita? Or maybe just a talented young lad that will do well with some gradual seasoning? Stacey Augmon was not the Spider man as a Fr or Soph under Tark the Shark, but Gary Payton was the glove the moment he stepped onto campus and has not stopped talking since!

NM. Speculation is not wise.
This,

We don't know and as far as I've seen don't even have any good clues.

If it was something that is detrimental to the team Tad would find a way to remove him, he wouldn't be in practice, wouldn't be on the bench. Same if it was some issue that couldn't be resolved. Whatever it is it needs to be something that Tad believes can be resolved or overcome.

We may never know. If it is something that Tad considers a personal issue he isn't going to talk about it.

The only thing we know is that QA is healthy enough to be part of the team for practices, garbage time, etc. This also means that he is academically eligible.

Coming out of high school he was an amazingly talented individual and we have seen flashes of that talent in Boulder. At this point we can hope that he either is able to get it together and play to his potential or that he and Tad mutually agree on him moving on and we can use his roster spot for someone who contributes.

Buffs paid him a little tribute today:

I don't know how to copy it better

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-11 2.20.55 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-11 2.20.55 PM.png
    603.1 KB · Views: 27
It is an intriguing situation. Last night's game would have been a great time to unleash QA. DaSilva was doubled a lot of the time and nobody else could take up the slack offensively. IMO QA would have gone off on that yootah team.

So he's a transfer is the jist of it.
Would seem to be for the best if it's not going to work out here. I would think that if there was a path then the coaches would have tried throwing him in the fire to shake things up and see his reaction. Unless there are undisclosed health issues and it's a Jeremy Adams situation.

Would seem to be for the best if it's not going to work out here. I would think that if there was a path then the coaches would have tried throwing him in the fire to shake things up and see his reaction. Unless there are undisclosed health issues and it's a Jeremy Adams situation.
I don't see the marks of someone who is looking to transfer from either side. Agree that if its just not working out, better for both sides to move on and find a place that Q is happy. Given the little amount that anyone close to the program is talking, and the clearly outright request to not ask about him, I am guessing there is something else going on that we should all give a little bit of slack to.

I don't see the marks of someone who is looking to transfer from either side. Agree that if its just not working out, better for both sides to move on and find a place that Q is happy. Given the little amount that anyone close to the program is talking, and the clearly outright request to not ask about him, I am guessing there is something else going on that we should all give a little bit of slack to.
I was thinking the same thing. If he is going to leave then why play him at the end of the Stanford game or bring him on the road trips?

Although I still wouldn't be surprised if either Tad or QA decide it's time to move on.

I was thinking the same thing. If he is going to leave then why play him at the end of the Stanford game or bring him on the road trips?

Although I still wouldn't be surprised if either Tad or QA decide it's time to move on.
The other part is you normally saw it in the actions of the players that end up transferring out, and how the coaches interacted with them. Keeshawn is one of the more recent and obvious players, it was fairly clear by the middle of the season last year that he was on his way out. In many ways I think that was a win for both sides. Take a look at the other non grad transfer players (they are a whole different story) that ended up going to another program.

If they arent getting playing time by this time of the season, you can see it in their body language. Stuff like not paying attention in the huddle, cheering on players, but not the team, non-excitement when warming up. Its hard to put your finger on it, but most of the time you are able to pick out the guys leaving by this time, and overall, I am not seeing Q as being checked out like that, but then again, maybe he is just a better person than others who have cycled through the system.

Back