1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randy Bennett

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

crossposting:

Bennett will be a bust. What's St. Mary's record against top 25 teams during his tenure?

Did you see the game vs. Baylor? They also lost to USC and Portland. Recruiting 2nd rate Australian players may work in the WCC but it's not going to work in the big 12.

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Looking at his record there is impressive. Sure he can't get the talent there to go against the big boys, but imagine what he could do once he gets those types of players in his program.

4. Daaah

I just think he's more of a benefactor of the Aussie connection in a ****ty conference than a particularly great coach. Look what happened this year when he was faced with real talent in the tourney.

5. Daaah

FWIW: I kinda/sorta follow St. Mary's basketball because my parents live about a 5 minute walk down to the campus these days.

6. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

So you are aware that what he's done at St. Mary's never was done before?

The guy can flat out coach. You think he is going to have 3 NBA players on his roster in a crappy conference like that to go up against those pros at Baylor? C'Mon Man.. St. Mary's ain't some glorious basketball program.

7. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Bennett certainly has an impressive record at SMC but in his 16 years as an assistant, he was never an assistant at a major school. That's somewhat of a red flag. Not that he couldn't be successful here or somewhere else, but I think this makes him a little more of a risk.

8. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I guess it doesn't matter at this point does it

9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Bohn only hires (interviews?)basketball coaches that have actually coached in the state of Colorado..