What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rank B12 locations in order of where you would want to attend a CU game

this got me thinking that some of the XII destinations could sometimes be paired with an NFL game: WVU (Pittsburgh), Houston (Houston), TCU (Dallas), Cincinnati (Cincinnati), Kansas (KC), UCF (Jacksonville)
The last one on the list is way more of a drive than the other 4. For the record, Manhattan is closer to Arrowhead and Waco is closer to JerryWorld than UCF is to Jacksonville's stadium.

With that said, Tampa Bay's stadium is closer to the UCF stadium.

The last one on the list is way more of a drive than the other 4. For the record, Manhattan is closer to Arrowhead and Waco is closer to JerryWorld than UCF is to Jacksonville's stadium.

None of them are reasonably drivable unless you skip at least a day of work. Closest are Manhattan (7 1/2 hours) and Provo (just under 8 hours). Just like the Pac-12, these are flights.

I plan to use JSX out of Broomfield/Westminster airport. Direct to Dallas. Connect to Houston and Orlando. Potentially useful if ASU and SDSU join, too. Good price and it's like a 30 seater plane that goes out of the private jet airports. We could get a road trip group together.

No, Lawrence is about 45 miles to KC/Arrowhead. Manhattan is over 120.

Tier 1
  • TCU for access to Dallas
  • UCF because I could get another roadie by allowing the fam to do a day or two with the Mickey ears without me. I could likely do this for every road game in Orlando and it would be a win/win.
  • Cincinnati because my folks are 2 hours away
Tier 2
  • WVU - I'm a sucker for any mountain town
  • BYU - repeat from above - even though I've been there and I am fully aware it is a cross between a midwestern mid-sized city and a Mormon Mecca. Just stick to the places they won't go (or the trails).
  • TT - I have VERY fond memories of a particular co-ed that came to Boulder not just once but twice and found a way to track me down after I was married (that was shut down). I'm sure this will get moved down after my first visit.
Tier 3
  • Houston - I've seen nothing but the airport and traveler hotels. It's a big enough city I feel like I should understand it better.
  • KU - Topeka seems to be a solid college town. Worth a trip to see what it is all about.
Tier 4
  • ISU - I've been to Ames at least 4 times that I can recall. The tailgating may be great, but I'm good.
  • OSU - I just can't create any enthusiasm for Stillwater. I'll do it at least once to see if they will prove me wrong.
  • KSU - I've seen the signs dozens of times for Manhattan/KSU being this exit and yet didn't really see anything that I would bother with beyond the gas stop.

You could easily hit a Bucs or Jags game on Sunday after CU @ UCF.

And the UCF tailgate scene is pretty wild.
I’m moving to Florida soon for aerospace. Opportunities are in St Augustine, St Petersburg/Tampa, and on space coast/east Orlando.

Can you tier list those for me?

I’m moving to Florida soon for aerospace. Opportunities are in St Augustine, St Petersburg/Tampa, and on space coast/east Orlando.

St. Augustine:
Grandma Smile GIF by Hollyoaks

St. Pete/Tampa:
Sexy Mean Girls GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Orlando:
bug GIF

I need to see the wine and cheese options at the tailgates before I comment.

Just kidding.

Zero. Not stepping foot in any of those states. I have too much self respect. Openly hostile to me and I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

Boulder it is.

I need to see the wine and cheese options at the tailgates before I comment.

Just kidding.

Zero. Not stepping foot in any of those states. I have too much self respect. Openly hostile to me and I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

Boulder it is.
Fair.

My rankings are based solely on the football atmospheres. Since I haven't been to a game at any of these places my rankings are only based on what I've read here and wtinessed on TV:

Tier 1:
Stillwater
Provo
Ames
Morgantown

Tier 2:
Lubbock
Fort Worth
Cincinnati
Manhattan

Tier 3:
Orlando
Houston
Lawrence
Waco

None of them are reasonably drivable unless you skip at least a day of work. Closest are Manhattan (7 1/2 hours) and Provo (just under 8 hours). Just like the Pac-12, these are flights.

I plan to use JSX out of Broomfield/Westminster airport. Direct to Dallas. Connect to Houston and Orlando. Potentially useful if ASU and SDSU join, too. Good price and it's like a 30 seater plane that goes out of the private jet airports. We could get a road trip group together.

Sorry for being unclear. Hokie was talking about catching an NFL game on a Sunday at a stadium nearby to a college where CU played on Saturday. I was referring to the driving distance between the college stadium and the NFL stadium, not the distance from Boulder to any of those college campuses.

No, Lawrence is about 45 miles to KC/Arrowhead. Manhattan is over 120.

I understand that. I said that Manhattan is closer in drive time to Arrowhead than UCF is to the Jags stadium. According to google, the former is about 1 hr 50 m vs 2 hr 15 on the latter.

My point was if Hokie was going to include a UCF/Jacksonville Jaguars doubleheader, then a KSU/KC Chiefs doubleheader is as reasonable, as is a Baylor/Dallas Cowboys duo.

If you are actually working on the Space Coast I suggest starting there first, I’m a Rockledge or Cocoa Beach fan myself, great fishing right off the docks in the intercoastals. Melbourne is also under rated.

St. Augustine has tremendous history and a great food scene, as well as bars and an excellent beach. I’ve spent the least amount of time there of the three.

Tampa is a full sized city. Ybor is awesome for nightlife and dining. The bay and gulf are excellent for fishing and boating. Some of the highest rated beaches.

Not really a ranking, it really comes down to what you prioritize.

I'm doing this in the most obnoxiously sexist Allbuffs way possible. Image search for (fill in school) hotties, then rank the results.

1. BYU
Mormon magic underpants FTW!
7jANg1cI.jpeg

2. Kansas
If there is one thing they know about in Lawrence, it's inflatable bouncy balls.
ku-cleavage-7.jpg

3. Okie St
Take away the makeup and the boob jobs and they're 4s, but whatevs. Not bad.
Oklahoma-State-girls.jpeg

4. Texas Tech
Yosemite Samanthas
70ee312a608f07fb470e11ad0b48021a.jpg

5. UCF
5, 6, 6, 6, 3, 6
palooza.jpg

6. TCU
8, 5, 5
TCUgifs.jpg

7. West Virginia
5, 6, 4, 6, 5, 3, 3, 5
1347273413-wvu-girls.jpg

8. Kansas State
Hard to tell, 3
kansas-state-girls-4.jpg

9. Houston
4, 5
Fourth-Look-4.jpg

10. Cincinnati
4, 3
cech-deans-bbq-2018-%2821%29.jpeg

11. Iowa State
Solid farm stock I guess.
2, 4, 4, 3
iowastate.jpg

666. Baylor
baylorbabe.jpg

I'm doing this in the most obnoxiously sexist Allbuffs way possible. Image search for (fill in school) hotties, then rank the results.

1. BYU
Mormon magic underpants FTW!
7jANg1cI.jpeg

2. Kansas
If there is one thing they know about in Lawrence, it's inflatable bouncy balls.
ku-cleavage-7.jpg

3. Okie St
Take away the makeup and the boob jobs and they're 4s, but whatevs. Not bad.
Oklahoma-State-girls.jpeg

4. Texas Tech
Yosemite Samanthas
70ee312a608f07fb470e11ad0b48021a.jpg

5. UCF
5, 6, 6, 6, 3, 6
palooza.jpg

6. TCU
8, 5, 5
TCUgifs.jpg

7. West Virginia
5, 6, 4, 6, 5, 3, 3, 5
1347273413-wvu-girls.jpg

8. Kansas State
Hard to tell, 3
kansas-state-girls-4.jpg

9. Houston
4, 5
Fourth-Look-4.jpg

10. Cincinnati
4, 3
cech-deans-bbq-2018-%2821%29.jpeg

11. Iowa State
Solid farm stock I guess.
2, 4, 4, 3
iowastate.jpg

666. Baylor
baylorbabe.jpg
POTY candidate

You forgot to include the Big Texan in Amarillo for the Tech trip. Just be sure to have a night reserved at the hotel after downing a 72 oz steak along with other food in under a hour to avoid being charged $100 for it. I have no idea how comfy those toliet seats are in those hotel though.
Love that place

Lawrence is dope. Been for cu games there twice, it's not for the views but the food and beer is solid.
I don't care much about the rest of the old big 12. I'm really interested in going to Morgantown
I haven’t been to Lawrence since 2009. Never for a game, usually just concerts. Mass St. is a good time. I haven’t ever deviated from Mass St. Westport in KC is/was similar. I haven’t been to KC since 2006.

back in the big 8 days, and having road tripped to all those away games, i vaguely recall stillwater had a great bar scene, lawrence was really fun, and ames didn't disappoint.

i literally recall nothing of little manhattan altho i was there a few times.

as i will now have to fly from the civilized bubble to the outback to watch a game in person... does it require overland travel with porters?... i may not be frequently visiting.

i am thinking about provo... do you suppose i could get a permit for a temporary installation of an art piece in their parking lot? think burning man. i could repurpose it at bailer and tcu as well.

Back