1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RB combo

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

When we have had good runs, we have had good RB combos.

Bieniemy/Flannagin
    Warren/Salaam
    Brown/Purify
    Scott/Polk???:smile:

Oh and lets not forget about Summler and Lockridge. Summler owns lots of California rushing records.

I think ourRB situtation looks a lot better today. Do you agree HF?

2. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

RB is no longer a concern of mine. We have some ballers at the position. Should be great competition in Fall camp.

3. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

:gobuffs:
    Good Oline, good receivers with Simas coming into the fold, good running game, and Cody improving with Ballenger ready to go.... all makes for a potentially powerful Offense.

It's going to be fun to watch. :gobuffs:

4. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Good Oline would be a huge understatement! The Oline recruits we have are going to own the trenches and the ones we have coming in (especially Tuito-Mariner) are just plain nasty. Mariners highlight tape made him look like a linebacker the way he was knocking people on their ass.

I couldnt be more excited to be a buff fan.

5. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Yep, both MTM and Givens looked really impressive in their videos. Just blasting opponents off the LOS.

6. buffwings

Alright then!! We have a GREAT OLine coming into the next season.

I'm glad DH realizes that the battles are won in the trenches and believe he will always recruit 2-3 big nasties in every class.

7. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

Complete opposite of your wife huh? :thumbsup:

8. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

RB is no longer an issue for us. I think both DS and RP will have a real impact. WR and DB are the areas I worry about. Does anyone know how Simas is coming along? Also, is Ballenger going to get a shot at the starting QB job or is Cody a lock? Any insights would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

9. Unleash Hell

I'm not worried about WR. Reports are Simas tore it up in practices, his red shirt will be huge. Plus Scott Mcnight, J-Fly and Chance Blackmon.

Our #1 priority now is DL. You can have world class CB's, but if you don't have pressure on the QB, that doesn't mean ****, as the WR's will seperate eventually from lock down corners.

10. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

How has no one talked about Rodney Stewart, he of the quick feet, great route running, and all state ohio? I am so excited about this kid!

11. buffwings

LOL, yeah. I dont know she can be a "little nasty" sometimes. :wink2:

All I know, is we're getting our season tix again and I think this year will be even more fun to watch. Although, being there to see our Buffs beat the spooners and the cornholers was pretty awesome.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  12. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Is Blackmon going to play as a freshman? He seems like a prime candidate for a redshirt, considering we go four deep at WR right now.

DE is the priority. We may very well have the best set of DTs in the conference next year, but we need our DEs step up with some pressure. We should be better at LB, so we should have a better front 7 overall than last year. I worry about the depth in the secondary.

It's nice to have questions on the offensive side of the ball pretty much settled though. I am excited for next year.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  13. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

Good for you!!

14. Unleash Hell

I would think Blackmon would RS.

ACtually, I think we have great potential at DE next year, the question will be will they step up? Hudgins, Obi, Lucas come to mind.

15. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'm SUPER worried about our secondary, and not just depth.

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I agree that the potential is there. I just hope they step up because we could have a really good defensive line with even just a mediocre pass rush.

Losing Burney is a big loss. Hopefully, a good front 7 can make up for an average secondary.

17. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

It's not like we went out and got a bunch of DB's in this class, so I'm thinking (hoping, more like it) that our coaches are comfortable with what we have back there.

18. BeetDigger

BeetDigger Member

You could add Calhoun to the Brown/Purify line. Too bad he didn't want to stay in Boulder. I heard that he was upset that Barnett wanted to convert him to a WR (which seems ludicrous given how good he was as a back). The interesting footnote to this is that Wisconsin played him at RB but the NFL wanted him to be a WR. So I guess Barnett was actually trying to help the kid out, even if it wasn't in the best interest of the team. I don't know if he is on any NFL roster right now, but he would have been further along in becoming a WR if he had played it more in college.

19. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I'm pretty sure he is still on the Detroit roster, but doesn't see the field much. Pretty bad sign considering how bad their running game is and that Tatum f'ing Bell is one of the people ahead of him on the depth chart... :huh: