What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Realistic Expectations for rest of year...

They had better find a way to get a win today at ASU or they could be very close to being out of the tournament. Unless they pull a miracle run in Vegas which is becoming less likely with each passing game.

Random, but does anyone know any info about the CU basketball TV ratings? I think it be interesting to look at.

Just a random thought. I had to vent at least once about how pissed I am that we were on the cusp of the greatest season in CU basketball history and it ****ing folded like a cheap lawn chair when the Mayor went down. I was actually starting to believe that Colorado was about to become an established power. Now we are just some team on the outside looking in...again. I know bright days are likely ahead...blah blah blah, but what a ****ing piece of **** piece of bad luck. Oh well, maybe next year...

Venting done.

Sadly, were not Duke with a deep bench. That seems obvious now. It sucks how 1-2 guys can make all the difference in your season. But that's in fact exactly what were seeing.

They had better find a way to get a win today at ASU or they could be very close to being out of the tournament. Unless they pull a miracle run in Vegas which is becoming less likely with each passing game.

Like I said, lets hope these new starters can gel for at least the 2nd half of p12 play. Right now its not looking good other than guys are getting experience for next year.

this wasn't a 'must win' as disgusting of a performance as this was. our fate rests largely on this upcoming 3 game home stretch. our backs are against the wall now. there aren't any giveaway crap performance losses against mediocre teams allowed, not at home.

Colorado Basketball

They play with effort. They play with heart. They want to win. No one that has watched them this season can say otherwise. Unfortunately, they are not good enough to run the offense Tad Boyle wants them to.

Their offensive sets start just as they did when Mr. First Round Draft Pick (Spencer Dinwiddie) was running the point. But step B, C, and D are a lost cause. There may be a lazy pass here and there and there may be a couple wild lay ups, but the key to getting out of the hole the Colorado Buffaloes are sinking deeper and deeper into lies on the three point line, the mid range jumper and the fast break points.

This team is not good enough to run the offense this way without Dinwiddie. Josh Scott is having a good year, but without an ability to dribble like a guard he has to rely on teammates to get him the ball on the block. Booker gets him the ball well, but teams are hounding Scott on the block because they do not have to worry about the passing or shooting ability of the Buffs.

I applaud them trying to maintain the identity they started the season with, but it is time to throw that game plan out the window if they wish to salvage any of the season they have left.

When Boyle first arrived in Boulder he had Cory Higgins and Alec Burks. He only had them for a season so I am sure they did not get too deep into Boyle's offense. The thing I remember most about that team is they RAN. They got up the court before other teams were set.

This team struggles finishing in a crowded lane and seems to only make three point shots when left completely open. They have tried the inside and out game with Scott and the other guards, but the outside shots are not falling and Scott's buckets are highly contested tough shots.

The two attributes going in their favor is youth and energy. They want to win and they play hard (even when down by 20). If they treated every possession like a fast break the players would react on instinct instead of thinking so much about how the ball is supposed to move around and who is going to make a contested shot. The three point basket might start falling a bit more as defenses will contest the lay up and leave the deep shot open if they get down the court fast enough.

At the moment, the Colorado Basketball team is not going have hopes of making March Madness. All critics show during televised games is how the team lost their best player and they have not played well since they lost him (the USC win doesn't count, that program is lost). I don't see improvement on the offensive side. It actually seems like it might be getting worse. It's time to VAMOS BUFFALOES. It's time to get down the court with the athletic tough finisher Booker. It's time to let Hopkins fly out of the gym on some open dunks. Then make some dimes to the perimeter and get wet. LET 'EM RUN!

My expectations are tempered, for sure. Instead of expecting a tournament birth, I am shifting to a less tangible goal.

I expect the post-SD Buffs to gel, to find a rhythm, and play with a sense of confidence and joy with the abundant talent that Tad has assembled.

Today they look like they are not playing very loose. They are playing not to lose, and look lost as a result. There is a palpable sense of desperation. They are not playing up to their capabilities because it appears they haven't yet gelled.

First, they find themselves. Then they'll find the wins. Having to re-establish an identity in the middle of conference play after experiencing such a strong start is a bummer. But this is the hand that has been dealt and that's the hand they have to play.

It will be interesting to see how they play against Utah with a week off and more time to gel as a team. If they look bad, I'm going to be much more concerned than I previously was.

It will be interesting to see how they play against Utah with a week off and more time to gel as a team. If they look bad, I'm going to be much more concerned than I previously was.

This. Like I said after the UCLA game, we're going to beat USC and lose to the Zonas. The season starts again on 2/1. Drop any of the next three, and I'm officially concerned.

we lost 2x to the ScumDevils last year with Spencer so they seem to have our # like UW.

Does UW have our number? Am I forgetting a loss? We smashed them at home two years ago and but have struggled with them on the road losing twice. Maybe just your wording, but I don't view UW as remotely having our number with 2 wins at home in Seattle and CU smashing them in Boulder.

ASU I'm concerned. Need to beat them or it will be 4 straight.

And we are UCLA's bitch. Has to change at some point.

Last edited:
Does UW have our number? Am I forgetting a loss? We smashed them at home two years ago and but have struggled with them on the road losing twice. Maybe just your wording, but I don't view UW as remotely having our number with 2 wins at home in Seattle and CU smashing them in Boulder.

ASU I'm concerned. Need to beat them or it will be 4 straight.

And we are UCLA's bitch. Has to change at some point.

We beat Washington the year they won the Pac12, and this current version of Washington isn't anywhere near them.

We are still much better at home. The truth is Boyle's team have struggled every year on the road, and this year is no different. I didn't expect us to get blown out by a mediocre ASU team, but we are still going to fight much harder at home.

I just hope someone can step up and be decent at guard because our guards are the main reason our team has struggled so mcuh. The constant turnovers are killing us. I hope BOyle uses the scholarship on a immediate grad guard transfer that can shoot and handle the ball because I don't trust Stalzer or Talton as a full-time guard, and Hopkins is a SG/SF, not a PG, and Collier will need sometime to get used to high D1 bball.

Back