1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Looking forward to the "new" Tony Jones

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffenuf, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

T Jones has added some weight/muscle and starts this year the same size EB started his 3rd season: 5'7" 192 lbs. EB has to be thinking he's looking in a mirror when he talks with and watchs TJ.

All due respect to "Speedy", I think T Jones will surpass him. More speed and much less dancing in the hole!

2. Chuck_Schick

Chuck_Schick Active Member

100% agree. Plus he's got more time with EB.

3. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Exactly! Eb is going to coach any dance moves out of him make him go north south.
    I'm also excited to see how the oline performs under Marshall. During his last coaching stint at CU he needed a year to coach the bad habits out of them and get them on the same page, and then in 2001... I'm hoping we see some big holes for TJ to hit running full speed through on Saturday.

4. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Drool...those CU OL players delivering justice to the CSU defense whose former members punched the lights out of CSU students last spring.

5. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Same here. I thought he looked pretty sharp against Utah, and he now has substantially more muscle and an extra year under Bienemy. I think he is ready to lead our rushing attack.

6. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

I think T Jones should have gotten more carries last year. I'm expecting him to have a good year. I hope the O-line is vastly improved from last year.

7. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

What's wrong with dancing in the hole?

Oh, wait. We're talking about football. You're right.

8. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

This. I think Jones can be a good/great back for us, but only if we see signifcant O-line improvement. For years we have been told the O-line is a strength only to be disappointed.

9. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

CUAviator, Clear your PM's. I have some info for you. :nod:

10. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

I think the first two games are huge for Tony Jones. Our starting RB should get 100+ yds vs. CSU and SacSt. If Jones can have a few huge games and gain some confidence, it will help us out tremendously the rest of the year. If he isn't productive early, we could be looking at a backfield-by-committee.

11. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

If he isn't productive against our first two opponents it means our line sucks and we are in for a world of hurt this season.

12. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

For all his "dancing," Speedy never averaged less than 4 YPC in any season. He also put up 100 yard games against some athletic defenses.

TJ needs a little more than camp hype to catch Speedy. I hope he starts this Saturday.