1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recruiting Question

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by SteelCity Buff, Oct 16, 2010.

1. SteelCity Buff

SteelCity Buff Member

It seems like the consensus here has been that Boyle has done a pretty good job on the recruiting trail. How big of a hit is it that we didn't land some of the early visitors, like the kid from Oklahoma or the center that went to Cal? Will landing some quality backcourt kids like Larkin be enough for a quality class in everyone's eyes?

Btw, thanks for all the updates on the hoops boards, too, Nik. You're burning it at both ends!

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

You're welcome. Honestly, I'm more passionate about basketball but there was never this much news. I'm loving this.

Here is how I would describe bball recruiting this cycle. Tad and his team did a tremendous job of identifying Top 150 players who fit the system and have short offer lists. They also did an amazing job in Texas and on the summer AAU circuit of being among the first to offer unheralded guys who were bursting onto the scene. He had quite a bit to sell (Pac-12, new practice facility, arena improvements, new up-tempo system, 2 players on the Wooden list, his own success building Northern Colorado, the appeal of Colorado's front range/Denver metro, CU education)... but we're still not yet a basketball school. The guys who he got here for visits, word was that they liked them all a lot so were going to take the first 3 or 4 to commit unless they were all point guards or something. We're now down to the end. Signs point to Damiene Cain signing. If we can get Nickerson and either Dinwiddie and/or Larkin, then the coaches will be ecstatic and we should be too. But we're getting down to crunch time and we need to pull 3 from the early period. I don't think Tad wants to have to find more than 1 guy during the spring period because pickings are much slimmer then. We got lucky last year with there being an unusual number of quality players available in the spring.

3. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

I'll echo SCBs thoughts. You are a veritable font of Buff information, and all the while raising a family too. Thanks, Nik.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Yeah, well, something's gotta give. :wink2: