1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regent

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by rynobuff, Sep 20, 2012.

?

Who should we vote for

1. Ludwig

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Davidson

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Tried the search function and haven't found all that much on this topic yet. Honestly, I don't give a **** what party they belong too, CU football is my vice and I will vote for whoever supports that in this case. Davidson or Ludwig... who is gonna support our athletic program (especially football) the most. I am clueless.

Edit: Move to politics if you must... but I feel this belongs here (for now).

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I'm not in the know either, but if someone knows who some of the more football friendly regents or candidates are please post them.

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

ludwig is pro-athletics or has been

4. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

This is how we push the needle in favor of athletics over the next full cycle. I emailed Dr. Jim Geddes on monday, my regent from District 6, and didn't get a response back yet...

5. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

You are wasting your time. These people are not interested in the CU football program at all. They would be happy if it disappeared.

6. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Let them know that football equals votes. They will become interested.

7. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

They are interested in getting re-elected, which means they are interested in my interests and the 7 votes I bring. That's how elected officials work, in case that's new to you.

8. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

Who the hell votes for a regent based solely on whether they are "pro-athletics" or not? You guys do realize there was more to CU than football Saturdays, right?

9. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

When athletics are a raging case of hemorrhoids with a case of super herpes thrown in for the University, you are damn right I'm going to focus soley on that. As as been pointed out countless times already, the football program is the face of the University and make no mistake, our reputation is being dragged through the mud. The current state of affairs is having a negative impact on the school.

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I emailed both candidates with a question of how important athletics should be to the university. Davidson responded with a political wishy washy non answer. Ludwig didn't bother to respond. Neither is the candidate that we really want, I'm afraid.

11. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Sounds like the whole election to me unfortunately.

That said this isn't just about athletics. Athletics is however like it or not, the most visible face of the university on a day to day basis. It is also representative of how willing they are to pay attention to detail and if they are willing to demand excellence in every aspect of the operation.

The willingness of this administration, under the supervision of the the regents, has shown that they have no problem with allowing the athletic programs to be well below acceptable standards of performance. Where else in the university are they doing the same?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  12. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Vote Gary Johnson for regent....

13. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

I do. The nation evaluates state Universities through the lens of college football. If you do not realize the long-reaching ramifications of that, then you have been oblivious to highly competitive and lucrative market that University's operate in. Football is my ONLY criteria for voting on regents, and that is the case for everyone in my sphere of influence.

14. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'd give the ever so slightest edge to Davidson. At least he had the decency to respond to my question. Ludwig didn't. Davidson earned my vote with the response, even though he didn't say anything of substance.

15. Jerry

Jerry Well-Known Member

Whoever is not the incumbent. Throw the bum out.