1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remodel / construction of Tailgate area by Libby & Baker Halls COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Hugegroove, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Took these pic's Friday & everything is now in the clean-up stage. Project Manager said they would be gone by 7/15.

Remodel 001 (800x660).jpg
    Looking North between Baker & Libby
    Remodel 003 (800x715).jpg
    Looking North @ Bike rack next to Libby

Remodel 006 (690x800).jpg Remodel 007 (596x800).jpg Remodel 008 (694x800).jpg

Steps leading to Farrand / Tailgate area. Concrete wall with fenced area for trash dumpsters @ the Northwest corner of Farrand. Sidewalk looking east

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Wow campus sure keeps changing. Maybe i need to haul the family there and walk around before it gets busy.

3. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Those bike racks look AWESOME!

4. SD Buff

SD Buff Club Member Club Member

So out of touch with today's dorms. Broadband and basic cable is in every room?

Google search answered my question. What a different world 20 years later.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  5. HotRack

No joke - back then it was like "Internet, what? Oh, you mean AOL? You need to have you own phone for that."
    And if you wanted cable, then you got off your happy ass and went to the community TV room and hoped to God the chicks didn't already have 90210 or that **** on already.

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Quick question for HG - at the west edge, near the music school, can you still drive up that ramp to access the sidewalk? If so, that's the preferred spot for tailgating.

7. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I'll double check that later this week but I think so.

8. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Maybe I'm old school, but I think the cable in every room isn't great. All we had were the TV lounges and the one guy on the floor who's TV could pick up Fox and PBS OTA and I think it made us a lot more social and built more camaraderie on the floor. Watched a lot of communal movies and play a ton NHL 94/95 on Genesis plus just talking and screwing around since folks wouldn't just close their doors and go into their own little TV/internet bubble.

9. HotRack

We were obviously there at the same time. Sega Genesis NHL rocked! Loved being Roenick and making Gretzky bleed.

10. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

My senior year the department decided to only email assignments and have us print them ourselves to save money on paper. It was a complete disaster. No one knew how to use email. There was this awful telnet system where you were supposed to get into your email, but it was ridiculous complicated. Whole classes would just show up without the assignments because they couldn't figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. SD Buff

SD Buff Club Member Club Member

Had a buddy who was a huge Hawks fan. Hated how slow Gretzky was in the game and you're right - he would always kill me with Roenick.

My freshman year -- was in a Will Vill suite on the 9th floor of Darley facing east. Had a little 13" TV that picked up most the Denver networks. Room full of people watching march madness on that thing.