1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renewals Starting February 15, 2016?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by tsarbomba, Feb 15, 2016.

1. tsarbomba

tsarbomba One Damn Dirty Ape Club Member

I file this under "Amusing, Mildly."

I got an email from CU asking me to renew my season tickets early on a date certain in February of 2016, to wit: the 15th, i.e. today (as I type this). I then got one of those mailers from CU reminding me to go to Cubuffs.com/renewals on said 15th of February, i.e. today (as I type this). Today, being the dutiful nincompoop that I am (Or am I a nitwit? I can never remember, so maybe I am both, no strike that, I went to renew my CU season tickets for the 14th year in a row, so I am definitely both, but I digress). So, I go to the provided website, and it has some kind of banner saying that renewals will start on February 15, but it is now, as I type this, 3:56 p.m. mountain time on the 15th, so if they are going to start today, one would think that it is about time. Also, I got no "YOU CAN NOW RENEW YOUR TICKETS, YOU DOPE!" email from CU Athletics as of the time I type this.

Since I am an admitted nincompoop and nitwit, perhaps I don't know how to navigate what must be a very sophisticated and modern website that CU Athletics has for this purpose, so I am perfectly willing to accept that it is me, and it is not them.

Which means to me that the "PLEASE RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKETS" communications I got from CU Athletics were mightily messed up in execution. Or I am an idiot. Or both. Yeah, probably both. No, definitely both. Or at least the second one.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Done. I called it in old school.

if the website isn't easy-peasy from my cell phone, then the on line thing wasn't happening.

3. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

Yeah I went into my account and I do not see any renewals available. CU drop the ball again?

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Isn't Feb 15 the beginning date? I thought the deadline is in March, or something. A guy I work with says he doesn't even worry about the deadline because they'll let you renew later than that. Now, maybe that will change when we are selling out every game and season ticket.

5. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

The AD will never let any season ticket holder forget to renew. Phone calls & E-mails are constant, well into the season.

6. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

That level of organization by the CU AD, as you describe it, would be unprecedented.

7. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Just got my renewal notice. I typically purchase the young alumni tickets because they are cheap and my group of friends still get to sit near the band in what is technically the "student section". However they have changed some things this year.

All young alumni tickets are up in the South Endzone 200 sections. So not the student section, although I am not worried about it at Folsom because the students never fill their seats. However they completely screwed the young alumni on seats at Mile High. Putting those seats in the upperdeck north endzone. Probably won't include the CSU game in my ticket purchase this year and instead purchase on the secondary market because of it.

Why move the young alumni out of the student sections?

8. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

never purchasing tickets to the CSU game with my season tix again.

9. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

When it included tickets with the student section, it made sense for me because you can't purchase them otherwise. Now... no reason to.

10. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Because our student section is amazing.