What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Report on Dre from Adidas Nationals

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
From the ESPN-affiliated Nuggets blog:

Andre Roberson scouting report
It’s no secret I like Roberson a lot, as I spent a ton of time getting acquainted with his game in my first two days of covering the camp. He’s a very solid NBA talent coming out of Colorado, a state which hasn’t been known for producing NBA-caliber basketball players.

Roberson burst onto the scene as an energetic, do-everything forward in his freshman year for Tad Boyle’s Buffaloes. Since then, he’s made himself into a dominant rebounder in the NCAA and one of the best all-around talents in the Pac-12.

Roberson may lack the strength and physical tools to play the four in the NBA, but his body is developing nicely and his underrated perimeter skills should allow him to play the three as well. At the adidas Nations, Roberson wasn’t featured in the pick-and-roll heavy NBA sets, but he somehow found his way to the ball with hustle, grit, and determination.

As Kenneth Faried showed last year, playing hard is a skill. Being able to sustain a high level of effort is something that can be developed and translated to NBA success. Roberson has that. He’s a tireless worker and often finds a way to make good things happen due to the energy he plays with on both ends of the floor.

Roberson gets almost all of his offense off back cuts, offensive rebounds and off-ball movement, but he does know how to shoot and can knock down an open jumper. Defensively is where Roberson could be truly special. His long arms, excellent shot blocking instincts and quick lateral movement provide all of the tools he needs to be a Kenyon Martin-type terror on the defensive end. He was far and away one of the best perimeter defenders I saw at the adidas Nations, able to apply solid ball pressure despite being a 6-7 post player.

Keep an eye on Roberson and the Buffs this year, as he’s sure to be on the 2013 NBA draft radar all season. He’d be a great fit in Denver with his tireless work ethic, ability to run the floor and defend multiple positions.

http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/2012/08/10/adidas-nations-wrap-up/

Back