What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George fundraising update

Mike Bohn had 5 years. It takes a week to put together a website.

Obama-laughing.jpg

There's a whole hell of a lot more that RG has to do in 90 than create a website. Can we please wait the 90 days people? Holy ****...

My issues is not with Rick George. My point is that it hasn't been done in our AD ever. I don't remember a fund raising website for the Basketball Practice Facility either.

And DPLY I will admit, thought about that after I wrote it lol. I think a fund raising site is a little easier than a Healthcare website, but I would hope our AD would at least test it before letting it go public.

My issues is not with Rick George. My point is that it hasn't been done in our AD ever. I don't remember a fund raising website for the Basketball Practice Facility either.
I get that, but we've got people bitching up a storm when the guy hasn't even been on the job for 90 days

Guys - it is best to remember that our AD is stuck in 1990. No one up there has any conception of new media, crowd sourcing/funding... none of it. None up there is thinking in these terms. They will continue to do what they've always done.

Had an argument with a SC friend last year who insisted we simply don't deserve nice things. We blame our administration - he blamed our fans. Got a text from him a couple weeks ago - less than 40,000 for a conference game? Yeah, I can't argue much with him anymore. We'll get the first building built soon - but with the debt the CU AD continues to run it only makes it more difficult. Consider we added another 6+ million in revenue this fiscal year and are still coming up with over 5 million deficit. Sad. Can only hope George figures it out.

I love SC folks they know everything.

We are still filling 70-75% of our stadium prior to Pete Carroll they were lucky to fill their to 50% capacity. This basketball attendance is something like 25%. USC has nice things because of their high dollar donor culture and their exceptionally well run fundraising operations. The administrations at USC and Stanford gets this and has created these machines, USC's run of the mill fans are dog-**** and even more fickle than UCLA's fan base.

We are still filling 70-75% of our stadium prior to Pete Carroll they were lucky to fill their to 50% capacity. This basketball attendance is something like 25%. USC has nice things because of their high dollar donor culture and their exceptionally well run fundraising operations. The administrations at USC and Stanford gets this and has created these machines, USC's run of the mill fans are dog-**** and even more fickle than UCLA's fan base.

from first hand experience... :stupid: Most Cali schools fund raising efforts are off the chart though.

Any other Pac 12 school dissing CU fans is laughable. I'd love to see how many folks show up at the Colisseum for a team that hasn't had a winning record since 2005.

In a city with a population greater than all of Colorado and without a NFL team.

Jesus f man it hasn't been 90 days yet

Yet, he is publicly stating that they have been trying to raise funds for the facilities. I haven't seen anything. How are you going to be successful raising funds, when 99% of your potential donors don't know what the hell is going on?

Yet, he is publicly stating that they have been trying to raise funds for the facilities. I haven't seen anything. How are you going to be successful raising funds, when 99% of your potential donors don't know what the hell is going on?

I doubt they have drawings yet which is what they're waiting for I'm sure. No sense in having a website that says "donate to our facilities fund." "Sorry we don't know what it is or what it looks like, but donate anyway."

I doubt they have drawings yet which is what they're waiting for I'm sure. No sense in having a website that says "donate to our facilities fund." "Sorry we don't know what it is or what it looks like, but donate anyway."

Yet that is exactly what they are saying. Rick George JUST SAID they have been trying to raise funds for facilities in time for a December deadline. So a fund raising campaign, however quiet, is currently going on and we are just now hearing about the struggles of trying to raise the needed seed money.

Yet that is exactly what they are saying. Rick George JUST SAID they have been trying to raise funds for facilities in time for a December deadline. So a fund raising campaign, however quiet, is currently going on and we are just now hearing about the struggles of trying to raise the needed seed money.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure he is working on big donations from people who couldn't care less about a donation website. Big donors first, small donors last

What CU fans do and don't deserve is our business. USC fans better hope they don't get what they deserve.

Stanford, one of the worst attended, worst supported football teams in the nation, just built a new practice facility. We have to find a way to get it done.

Helps when you have one guy willing to donate over $250 million. We need a sugar daddy. Thought we might have had one, and somehow we seemed to have pissed him off.

Helps when you have one guy willing to donate over $250 million. We need a sugar daddy. Thought we might have had one, and somehow we seemed to have pissed him off.

I'd love to know what happened on the Solich front... anyone with info ?

It is not just Arillaga we need to stop opining for a savior. USC and Stanford's fundraising machines engage well over 33% of their alumni, the best public school in the Pac is UW at 15% and we are down around 8%.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure he is working on big donations from people who couldn't care less about a donation website. Big donors first, small donors last

I'm not really worried about it, but we all know that they have a deadline this year for MM's contract clause about facilities. I'd think if they had even done a little outreach, such as a website, which is then linked in places like Allbuffs and local newspaper sites, they could be already be looking at some extra donations.

If you don't build it, they won't come.

I'd love to know what happened on the Solich front... anyone with info ?

DiStefano ran into him before a football and thought he was a random fan. When Stolich gave him some ideas to fix the AD. DiStefano said he would do it when Stolich donates $50 million, otherwise he isn't listening.

I'm not really worried about it, but we all know that they have a deadline this year for MM's contract clause about facilities. I'd think if they had even done a little outreach, such as a website, which is then linked in places like Allbuffs and local newspaper sites, they could be already be looking at some extra donations.

The deadline was also put in place way before RG even got here, and he needed the time to survey the entire department form a strategy from that. MacIntyre said he isn't worried about it either. Plus if RG is sandbagging as much as Nik alluded to it may not be that big of an issue. We all agree that we need a website for the facilities, let's see what RG has to say about it in I guess 10ish(?) days.

The December deadline for raising funds is a self imposed deadline by RG, merely a personal goal.

The December contract deadline just says that plans need to be submitted to the BOR. They've got plans, they'll submit them to the BOR, done and done. If he can go with $50mm at the same time, even better.

DiStefano ran into him before a football and thought he was a random fan. When Stolich gave him some ideas to fix the AD. DiStefano said he would do it when Stolich donates $50 million, otherwise he isn't listening.

I always assumed that Brad was homeless. I would have been nicer, had I known.

When Embree was fired, I went to the cubuffs.com to donate $100. Not much of course, but I wanted them to know we (the fanbase) were paying attention.

Anyway, the site wouldn't let me donate. I remember thinking that the organization was doomed. The AD relies on donations. But there is no way to donate. What could possibly go wrong?

Immediately after they announced the firing I logged on and made a donation, but I did notice that I had to work a bit at it. For future reference, here's the link:

https://colorado.donornetpac.com

CU has some serious SEO issues... if you google "CU Athletics Donation" you have to follow a minimum of 3 links from any of the first page results to get to the "donornet" site. Same thing if you google "CU Buff Club Donation" and "CU Donor". The only way that I've found to make that link show up on the first page is googling "CU Donornet" which isn't something your off-the-street CU donor would probably search for.

Just heard some encouraging whispers at the burrito stand. It's possible that George was sandbagging in that article.

What's the strategy there? Non-profit research shows that people give in a "pack mentality." That is, person C is more likely to give if person B has given, and person C is MUCH more likely to give. I think if George had said, "We set a large stretch goal and are on pace to achieve it with one final push in November," he'd likely see a flood of little fish donors.

Just read the article. I am truly growing tired of the "it's the fans fault for everything angle". I'll bite my tounge now.

Just read the article. I am truly growing tired of the "it's the fans fault for everything angle". I'll bite my tounge now.

Yep. Just like it's the customers' fault that we didn't buy enough GM cars for them to avoid financial trouble.

The deadline was also put in place way before RG even got here, and he needed the time to survey the entire department form a strategy from that. MacIntyre said he isn't worried about it either. Plus if RG is sandbagging as much as Nik alluded to it may not be that big of an issue. We all agree that we need a website for the facilities, let's see what RG has to say about it in I guess 10ish(?) days.

You aren't really paying attention to my whole point throughout the thread. I have no problem with the 90 days, but RG came out publicly (before 90 days was up) stating that they are already in the fund raising phase and they are struggling to hit the mark they want. My point was then why have 99% of the donors not heard of this fund raising effort? The 90 days is irrelevant because he is publicly stating the iniative that he started is under way already.

Again, I don't really care that much, but why whine about inability to raise funds when most people don't even know about it?

Back