What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RINGO: Boyle's boys might just be for real in Pac-12

we are sitting at 88 before the win last night in terms of RPI. Washington is at 84 but have a SOS at 37. We can probably move into the low 80s. We realistically need to finish with at least 12 conference wins and an RPI around 50 to get into the dance. We still need to see this team play on the road. I think as of right now there is a single road win in the PAC, so we are going to have a tough time winning anywhere.

I like this from two sides. First - CU roadies in the past years have consisted of treeless places where the only vertical objects in entire towns have hoops attached, and Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk are the first three words taught to some children. Granted past records have reflected that - but the Buffs have stolen a few road games along the way in hostile environments, and no stadium they visit this year should have anything over KU for intimidation.
Second - if this conference accepts that road victories are unlikely anyway - and then notes what we have done to our last two opponents they are going to come in half expecting to be defeated already. Add altitude (limited by the indoors as it is) and an awakening fan base and our home can be formidable for years to come.

Of course I am not going too heavy on the Kool-aide. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we dropped a 'should win' at home - (would be terribly disappointed though). I hope these are two ways that the conference change gives a shot to this program before all the guys that played in the Big12 have cycled through.

My goals:

1. Get to 16 wins (post-season eligible).
2. Get to 20 wins (milestone, never done by CU in consecutive seasons).

Beyond that, everything is gravy. Once we hit those two, I'll start thinking about the bigger goals.

KenPom now has us projected at 9-9 in conference play after last night which would put us at 17-13 (16 wins over "D1 opponents") heading into the PAC-12 tournament.

5345 - there may be one venue that rivals the KayYou for intensity and loudness -- that being Tucson and UofA. That's one place that can get really raucous.

Why is the altitude diminished indoors? Are we adding oxygen or humidity to the air?

Exactly, we are making the keg an anti hyperbaric chamber to level the playing field. Kind of like how the rockies put the balls in the humidor. (insert sarcasm font)

5345 - there may be one venue that rivals the KayYou for intensity and loudness -- that being Tucson and UofA. That's one place that can get really raucous.

I accept that, but I wouldn't think our guys who had experience playing at KayYou would be intimidated heading into such a venue. The Utes on the other hand......

I accept that, but I wouldn't think our guys who had experience playing at KayYou would be intimidated heading into such a venue. The Utes on the other hand......
Yeah, I was just responding to your line about the intimidation factor at Fogg-Allen. I still think that Tucson can be at that level, sans the history (of the program, not just the place). And I also think that our past trips to Lawrence, Columbia, Manhattan, Austin, Norman, Ames, et al, is actually gonna help. Those places had some frenzied crowds, moreso probably than most of the 12PAC locations. All except for our frosh have experienced truly hostile crowds.

Yeah, I was just responding to your line about the intimidation factor at Fogg-Allen. I still think that Tucson can be at that level, sans the history (of the program, not just the place). And I also think that our past trips to Lawrence, Columbia, Manhattan, Austin, Norman, Ames, et al, is actually gonna help. Those places had some frenzied crowds, moreso probably than most of the 12PAC locations. All except for our frosh have experienced truly hostile crowds.

Will look forward to seeing how we measure up in Tuscon.

20 wins = hold court in all games remaining at home + grab 3 on the road. That seems pretty doable to me. We should be able to take Utah, ASU and U$C on their courts. It is never easy, but it is at least a possibility.

there has been a single PAC:12 road win so far this season, it won't be easy to win. even Utah won at home.

Thanks Nik. That was the second reference I've seen to the altitude doing nothing indoors and I actually thought the poster believed it

Thanks Nik. That was the second reference I've seen to the altitude doing nothing indoors and I actually thought the poster believed it

Altitude does not affect you indoors, but only if you leave the doors closed. The altitude particles are way to big to just seem in through small cracks around windows and stuff.

I'll be honest, I was a bit worried about Tad's post Burks/Higgins/Knutson coaching. Was he a really good coach or just a coach with really good players? I was a little worried about what next year's signees were thinking, even. Well, I am pretty convinced that CU got a steal when they hired Tad. Not only can he coach, he can recruit, he can relate to the fans and he wants to be here. I am glad for our increase in revenue for many reasons. One reason is that we can afford to keep him.

I don't know where this team is going to end up. I want to think tourney but then I look at the talent we have (don't have) and reality says that we aren't good enough. We lack a true PG who is both a difference maker and has the veteran experience and control needed to run the club when it gets tough. We lack a center who is a legit threat to score against quality teams and our only consistent rebounder is a guy listed at 6'7" who is probably shorter than that and slender as well. We also lack a consistent spot up threat from the outside.

That all said we saw the team last year improve and develop under Tad from the start of the season to the end. We have a bunch of very young guys who could make major improvements over the season as they adjust to college ball. We also could see Brown get better as he adjust after a season off the floor and Adams being back in D1 after a year at JC. Cain should also be a bigger factor as he gets healthier and in better shape.

I think the NIT is a fair target. Get hot and win a game or two in the conference tourney and we might slip into the big tourney. The PAC is bad and probably only deserves two spots but it is also a traditional power conference with a lot of history and is a big money conference and despite claims otherwise you can't tell me politics doesn't play into the selection process.

What I really want to see other than the overall improvement stated above is multiple road wins. I don't really care where but I want this team going into the future to believe they can win on the road in conference and for our opponents to believe it can happen. The opposite of what we had under Ricardo when both us and our opponents counted a CU road conference game as a loss for CU before the game was ever played.

Back