What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo saying EB is likely staying in the NFL if Embree named head coach

Is this really what the boosters on the search committee want? Hard to believe they signed off on this. Is it possible that JE actually impressed the boosters and we're underestimating his ability to gin up donations from the big money donors?

Is this really what the boosters on the search committee want? Hard to believe they signed off on this. Is it possible that JE actually impressed the boosters and we're underestimating his ability to gin up donations from the big money donors?

I'm thinking he had to have blown them away in some capacity

Boosters loved je from before, and apparently his interview was perfect...

Called my Dad just now. He said if its Eric Bieniemy he will buy Season Tickets the same day. Embree he would wait a couple years to see how it plays out.

AZ's merry little band of EB-or-bust keyboard suicide bombers have obviously made it impossible to hire anyone else. Wow. With the Donkeys in the cellar, it looks like the AD/admin missed a huge opportunity to expand the fanbase.

Edit: saving meltdown opus until/unless the news becomes official.

Last edited:
I do not understand what Embree brings to the table that EB does not. If this is true (and I know it's not necessarily true), I don't like it.

EB is going to kick our asses when he's recruiting against us in SoCal in a few years...

I just had a thought: If EB gets the job, what names would he give his players? Paul Richards would be "Paula." Nate Bonsu would be "Natalie." Hirschman would be "Nickeesha." It'd be a lot of fun!

Hells yeah! I'm all for it!

If you are going to take a chance on a guy, and let's be clear, both of these guys are huge risks with no real coordinator or HC experience, you take the guy with the most upside. I appears to me that would be EB but alas, my opinion was not asked for. If it had been, neither would be a finalist.

Don't hate JE at all. I just want EB more for a couple reasons.

1. I think EB has more upside and is a better recruiter
2. I do not want to be recruiting and playing against EB in the near future. If CU does not hire him, my fear is that UCLA or USC will when they need a HC.

2. I do not want to be recruiting and playing against EB in the near future. If CU does not hire him, my fear is that UCLA or USC will when they need a HC.

Exactly my sentiment

On the flip side I will openly admit that I am not nearly as familiar with JE...and I have the feeling a lot of people are simply making assumptions about him for that same reason (i.e. he has no fire, noone in the NFL wants him for anything more important, etc.)

JE is a fantastic recruiter. The difference in recruiting between the two is minimal imho.
As to #2, UCLA would be very bad. But can't control everything.

Exactly my sentiment

On the flip side I will openly admit that I am not nearly as familiar with JE...and I have the feeling a lot of people are simply making assumptions about him for that same reason (i.e. he has no fire, noone in the NFL wants him for anything more important, etc.)

That is true, too. I think most of us know more about EB than JE. I know I do.

Disagree on 1; as for 2 - the only reason I prefer EB over JE is the rumor EB won't come in as OC, but JE would.

They seem similar to me. Obviously EB is a more sexy name, but they both have little, if any, coordinator/coach experience. Since these appear to be our only two options, I just hope the major donors are behind it. As long as money is flowing in and facilities improvements are made we will be heading in the right direction.

I would be much more excited for EB or JE if they were HC in waiting under Mac, but it sounds like that ship has sailed.

Either way if they are set on one of these two guys, then pull the trigger. Let's get the recruiting started.

If EB actually told Embree that he would be his OC if hired and is now bagging out on that though....what a selfish arrogant bastard to put a fellow friend out like that

If EB actually told Embree that he would be his OC if hired and is now bagging out on that though....what a selfish arrogant bastard to put a fellow friend out like that

My thoughts exactly. Do not know if it is true and knor should I but that would be a ****ty thing to do to your supossed partner you had some sort of bond with.

Back