1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rodney Stewart

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

After the solid game he had, I think he deserves his own thread here at allbuffs! :lol:

He certainly provides a boost to the O when he's in the game.

2. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

I'd love to see him on punt returns.

Keep him going to the outside. Sprinkle in a screen here and there.

Just get him the ball in space and let him make something happen!

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Agreed, it seems like he always makes half the defense miss, but gets caught by the last guy. Him and Scott would make for an awesome 1-2 punch.

4. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

Here's hoping they can both get healthy and stay that way. Stewart seems to be our best back when it comes to making DL/LB miss at the LOS. Scott doesn't break free quite as often, but when he does he's more of a threat to outrun DB's or break a tackle at the 2nd level. IMO Lockridge is more dangerous than either one, but probably not durable enough to be 'the guy'.

Would like to see Speedy get some chances in short-yardage situations. The way he wriggles around and always seems to find a yard or two reminds me of Emmit Smith a little bit.

5. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Agreed on the last part. Speedy would be much more effective on those 3rd and 1s instead of Sumler. For a big back, Sumler goes down too easy.

I think Lockridge is fast, but he doesn't have the quicks Stewart does to make people miss in the backfield. He also doesn't have the size to consistently break tackles in the tackle box like Scott can. Great back if he can get a little space though because he hits the hole hard and has great speed.

6. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Rodney's the man.

7. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

RS had a great game. He reminds me, a little, of Barry Sanders, he has a great change of direction.

8. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

he reminds me of a mix between darren sproles, hugh charles, calhoun and roman hollowell all mixed into one.

scott kind of reminds me of houston.

9. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

If the O-line could just give the guy a little crease every time, his numbers would have been spectacular. He had at least 5 carries that went for 0 or -1 when he ran into a stone wall, which really brought down his YPC.

While he's my preference to get the bulk of the carries, I disagree with the take that he should get more short yardage chances. If the line can't create the crease, then you need a back that can fall forward for a yard. That may be better suited for Scott.

10. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

This.

11. SkiTownUSA

I'd settle for that. I don't know how many games where we are going to carry the ball 41 times though.

12. SkiTownUSA

The way we're playing this year, I'd expect to see CH throw the ball 40 times, but not 40 rushes. I'm with you, it should be possible. Just not this year.

13. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

What about Sumler? I know a lot don't like him... but he played pretty well vs WYO imo

14. SkiTownUSA

I think Sumler is fine. I don't have a problem with him. He's just not the playmakers that Stewart and Scott are IMO.

15. BuffFan

BuffFan Member

Sumler is the best pass blocker, but not a real yardage threat. As a defensive coordinator I would play CU to stop the run and make Cody beat me with his arm. But when Sumler is in the game, I would feel it was the best time to go after Cody.