1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sandersfeld

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Denver_sc, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Admittedly I'm no football expert, but I thought Sandersfeld looked pretty good out there at safety, especially considering how not good he looked at corner.

Any experts wanna chime in?

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I don't think I am an expert, but the DB's seemed to be in position more often than not, which IMO appeared to contribute to the success. TS and Espy played well...

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think there's been talk about Sandersfeld in other threads, but the game he played deserves to be highlighted.

He had a monster Saturday.

Led the team in tackles, got an interception, made plays all over the field. He's a pretty good safety.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Yup. Terror and Espy's development by fire at corner has allowed Sandersfeld to move back to his safety roll, where he is a VERY solid tackler in run support and also solid in pass coverage. We get another corner injury though and we is furked!

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but although Sandersfeld and Terror both line up at safety, whenever AZ would split someone out wide from the backfield, Terror would follow them and leave sandersfeld as the only center fielder. USC did this same thing, but often got sandersfeld out wide, with the results we know so well.

5. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

The fact that Sandersfeld's pick wasn't on ESPN top 10 is a crime.

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

He's been playing out of position all season - happy to see him back there at S

7. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

His lack of speed isn't highlighted as bad when he is in at Safety. I agree his pick was an awesome one handed grab.

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Agree ^^

Sandersfeld is overmatched at CB due to a lack of athleticism. He just doesn't have the raw speed and quickness to compete out on an island. On the other hand he seems to be a very intelligent player who can use his knowledge and awareness of what is happening on the field to his advantage. Safety lets him do this, corner doesn't.

He should never have been put in the position of playing corner against top WRs but our lack of depth left no option. If he could have focused at safety his entire career he may have been a much better player for us this year than he is.

9. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

10. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Apparently PAC-12 agrees with us that he is better at the Nickel.

11. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Sandersfeld the safety is actually pretty good, not so much at corner. Great game by him.

12. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

He is a very good safety, won't surprise me if he gets to a NFL training camp.

13. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I bet he'll make at least 4 pro bowls during his lengthy 14 year NFL career.

azbuff likes this.
  14. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:rofl: :lol: You never STOP do you? Jebus. Love Sandersfeld for what he did last Saturday, but really? Do you watch the NFL?