1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw Sefo

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Ulua, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Ulua

Ulua Member

Sat on the Buffs side of the field while they did pregame warmups today. Sefo went through all of the warmup drills, threw, ran. He looked about 80% speed/health. A few times the drill had a cut or sprint he seemed a bit frustrated/hurting. No way he was going to avoid the rush or make any runs today.

Good news is he didn't look too far away. As I said, did all of the drills and seemed to throw fine. I'd expect him to play next week at this rate.

Go Buffs,
    Ulua

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Thanks for the update. We're a bowl team with Montez this year. With Sefo, we're challenging for the Pac-12.

Yeah, I went there.

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

Nik's feeling crazy....I like it

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. Sykobuff

Sykobuff Club Member Club Member

If Sefo is ready to go then no questions. If hes not 100%, rest him this week and he comes back vs usc.

The future is bright, we need LB'S.

5. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Agree with Nik on this one. Never thought I would say it but we will challenge for a PAC title with Sefo. Montez is ready and can take us to a bowl game. The downward decade spiral is over.

6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Tap the brakes fellas....I love Sefo's performance against UM, but that was a little over a half of FB. It isn't like he has erased memory (for some) of the 30 + starts that went before it. Personally, I think Montez will surpass Sefo in time. I am a little skeptical still of Sefo putting the team on his back and winning the conference. Let's settle down and get bowl eligible first.

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I will point out that Montez did something Sefo never managed to do- finish out a game. Montez was nails in a situation we have seen Sefo fold on several occasions.

Just sayin'.

8. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

UMass, mother****er!

Alfred91 and SerenityBuff like this.
  9. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Sefo also had receivers drop sure TD catches that would have won a game. He really hasn't had a receiver do what Bobo did for Montez yesterday.

wip, Alfred91, Yung Buffalo and 2 others like this.
  10. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Well he did in the RMS, it just wasn't needed the same way.

11. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

12. PAHIBuff

PAHIBuff Club Member Club Member

I'll trust MM, BL and Chiv to put their career self interests along with the interests of the program and this team in deciding which QB starts when. Two things: Montez
    made some very difficult throws yesterday and his timing, poise, and grit was undeniable. Second, we have 2 wins that count towards bowl eligibility, right? I don't think you get to count FCS games (Spud State). Correct me if I'm wrong, please. So we need 4 more. After Oregon State, which I'm calling a win, we'll need three more and there are no other gimmes on the schedule. Stanford, ASU, UCLA, and Utah are going to be tough games.

We might need to use both QBs throughout the rest of the season. Will be fun to follow. Let's see how the Oregon State game goes. You don't need me to tell you that there are quite a few head coaches in college football that would hand Montez the starting job going forward after the Oregon win. At the very least as "his to lose".

Thanks for going there Nik. It was inevitable and someone had to. With the caveat that the Ducks defense was abysmal, I saw Tez complete passes yesterday that Sefo has made only sporadically.

I now depart from this (personally) as an Allbuffs subject, and I'm going to trust that the coaches have the best guy for the job/situation on the field at any time throughout the rest of the year. LETS GO BOWLIN' !!

13. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

3 more.

TSchekler likes this.
  14. PAHIBuff

Thanks.

15. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

I don't want to saw Sefo. Might get arrested. Plus, think of the neg rep.

16. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

1 FCS win counts. The second does not (unless you get a waiver from the NCAA for extraordinary circumstances, like the boulder flood)

Buffsrock85 and PAHIBuff like this.
  17. PAHIBuff

18. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

I liked what I saw from Montez (what Buff fan didn't.) Just to tap the brakes a little, though, Oregon is a pitiful defensive team. Pitiful. USC, UCLA, and Stanford are worlds better on defense than what Montez saw yesterday. I don't think there's any question that a healthy Sefo starts every game this season.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  19. Ulua

Ulua Member

This. Oregon is a mess on defense. This is not nearly the Oregon of the last 2-4 years. A great win, but that wasn't a top 10 team. Oregon is really young on the Oline too and we dominated the line of scrimmage for much of the game. That will not happen in several of our upcoming games.

Im expecting that we play to within a game of the conference championship but don't get in.

20. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

Many of us had commented on Montez at practice and how good he looked. I was pleasantly surprised at what we saw on the field in Eugene. That being said, this is Sefo's team and he will start as soon as he is healthy enough to do so. Seeing Montez doing well will certainly provide all the additional motivation he needs to get back.

21. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

I like the way Woelk laid out the QB situation in one of his columns this weekend. Sounds feasible to me.

22. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Sefo started the momentum of this season with his stellar play. He isn't quite as athletic as Montez, and Montez appears to have a sky is the limit upside, but I say start Sefo when he is ready to come back. The dude is a warrior and was beating Meatchicken in their house before being injured. He now has the team he needs around him to succeed.

I'm now giddy about the future with Montez ready to take over.

23. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Still Sefo's team but a much more comfortable situation.

Coming off Michigan a lot of the attitude was get through Oregon and hope Sefo can hobble through a win against Oregon State.

Now as a complete reversal the attitude is that if Sefo isn't close enough to 100% we are comfortable with Montez and Give Sefo another week to get healthy.

Once Sefo does come back we also know that if he gets nicked up that taking him out of the game, even if just for a couple series, isn't going to be a disaster. We are no longer in a situation of thinking Sefo has to be out there to have any hope.

He is still the team leader and he is still the guy with the experience and this season seems to have taken a huge jump in his game but he is no longer our only option.

24. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think Sefo starts this week and it's the extra shot in the arm the team needs to avoid an emotional letdown on Saturday.

25. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

I'd rather give Sefo an extra week to heal and be ready for USC.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  26. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

WTF????? Syko talking anything other than DTs? What has the world come to?
    (He must have scored a paper-pushing gig, instead of sleeping next to batteries with the rest of the Company!)

27. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

I think Idaho St. and even UM shows this team's focus is immune to letdowns.
    Start Montez and bring in Sefo, IF he's no less than 90%, in the second half, (ala Manning over Ostweiler vs. San Diego) to shake out the cobwebs, in prep for U$C..