What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

I predict that a new sound system will bring in an additional $30MM for CU.

Go Buffs!

You think a new sound system would allow them to bring concerts back to the field? I saw Dave Matthews there about a decade ago (oh crap - i forgot that he is hated)

Me too. One of the best concerts I've ever been too and I am not a Dave fan.

really? cause the DVD sucked.

Unless it is a truly epic concert, the recording is going to be mediocre at best. How many CU victories would I care to review in their entirety? kNU 2001, and...maybe the 91 Orange Bowl. Being there in the moment is always a different perspective.

Unless it is a truly epic concert, the recording is going to be mediocre at best. How many CU victories would I care to review in their entirety? kNU 2001, and...maybe the 91 Orange Bowl. Being there in the moment is always a different perspective.
i know, was kidding. i went to probably 20 dmb shows from 01-06 or so. 01 was probably the worst tour they have ever done though.

1990? 1986?

My apologies for my tardiness. It's been a very busy day. On the plus side though, not much happened today as far as the scoreboards go so you haven't missed out on TOOO much. The crane on the south side didn't even move today. As best as I can tell, they were just doing more support structure work. The north side also looks pretty similar to what it did yesterday. However, I think they did remove a few more miscellaneous bits from the area where the light board was. At some point they're going to have to remove that pepsi sign underneath though to make room for the new score/clock portion.

day8.jpg

day8N.jpg

My conspiracy theory is that CU doesn't get to decide which replays we show. I think there is a PAC (BIGXII, SEC, etc.) official in the replay booth who determines whether we can show the replay or not because they don't want to throw the on-field refs under the bus for missed calls.

I wouldn't doubt this or the NCAA rule which I think may be part of the real answer. It just seems like if they can show the replay at home on TV then why couldnt they show it at the stadium. Really the best thing would be if they just put the TV braodcast up on the video boards and only cut away from it during commercial breaks so they can show the stadium ads at that time.

I wouldn't doubt this or the NCAA rule which I think may be part of the real answer. It just seems like if they can show the replay at home on TV then why couldnt they show it at the stadium. Really the best thing would be if they just put the TV braodcast up on the video boards and only cut away from it during commercial breaks so they can show the stadium ads at that time.

Isn't it to protect the refs from crazy fans. Not like you are going to get in your car and drive to the stadium after a bad call

Has anyone ever attacked a Ref at a football game that is big enough to have replay boards? Usually there are tons of cops at any game that large.

Has anyone ever attacked a Ref at a football game that is big enough to have replay boards? Usually there are tons of cops at any game that large.

You must have missed the game where they ejected the whole student section because they were throwing **** at the refs.

Neg rep for me. Surveyor must have forgotten to take her meds.
Yes I did neg rep you. But for stupid post #196 you made. Get back on the meds! Up the dose while you are at it.

Anyway, the new score boards are really going to add to the experience at CU games. Not to mention the ribbon boards. Lots of information great information (interisting graphics, scores from other games, and and detailed real time game stats), can be placed on the ribbon boards. Fans will like them.

Yes I did neg rep you. But for stupid post #196 you made. Get back on the meds! Up the dose while you are at it.

Anyway, the new score boards are really going to add to the experience at CU games. Not to mention the ribbon boards. Lots of information great information (interisting graphics, scores from other games, and and detailed real time game stats), can be placed on the ribbon boards. Fans will like them.

Good luck with Coach Voldemort in the B1G. Derp.

4b2008ca-ab61-1f83.jpg

I saw a facebook post this morning from cubuffs.com that said something about the north board coming down so I made a quick detour over there on my way into work. It turns out that their video was just a time lapse of the removal of the old board but I did observe some changes. They must have done some work over the weekend. As you can see, the bottom ad boards are now gone to make room for the new scoreboard/ribbon board.

day9N.jpg

I also snapped a pic of the south end but there doesn't seem to be much change over there. There's still lots of welding being done at various places within the framework but nothing substantial has changed. I'll post another update later this afternoon if anything happens.

day9.jpg

Back