What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

I'm just worried about the sound system now. So we have these sweet boards at the north and south, but if the sound is still sh***y that just is stupid.

Here's update number 2 for today. The entire bottom row of the video board proper is in and the ribbon board underneath is about 1/3 of the way done. Also, they've started to bring in some of the structural supports for the new field-level board.

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

Here's my last update for today. They added some more ribbon board along the bottom left on the south end. I think this is it for the day on this side. The field level board has had another horizontal support piece welded into place. I also went over to the north end and discovered that the bottom "ribbon" portion of that board appears to have been installed as well. I'm a bit confused because I haven't seen a crane over there since last week but it might have just moved. I saw some sort of weird red metal framework that might have something to do with lifting. I might take a detour heading home later and see what I can see over there.

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

Still mad about the size of the south endzone board, but whatever. :woot:

I hear what you're saying, but take this for what it's worth - the Stanford boards are both about the same size as the new South board, and they're plenty big enough. If the picture is good enough, the size of the board isn't as critical.

I hear what you're saying, but take this for what it's worth - the Stanford boards are both about the same size as the new South board, and they're plenty big enough. If the picture is good enough, the size of the board isn't as critical.

Yeah. As long as those ribbon boards are used to give score updates from Top 25 and Pac-12 games, the screen is plenty big enough. I rarely look at it anyway unless there's a replay.

I was hoping for larger boards too. The flip side is that Folsom has a certain Wrigley-esque charm and Godzillatron sized boards would take a lot away from that.

I like the smaller boards, especially on the south end. Anything bigger would be a distraction to the north, and block the view to the south.

They need to fix that.

Maybe they can put a camera in the Physics Bldg lobby to show the Pendulum ON THE NEW MUTHA****IN' Scoreboards!!!!!!!

Better yet, put a camera ON the Pendulum----> Foucault Vision!!!!

That will show those nerdy Cal & Stanford Bastids whose got the real Nerd Cred!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe they can put a camera in the Physics Bldg lobby to show the Pendulum ON THE NEW MUTHA****IN' Scoreboards!!!!!!!

Better yet, put a camera ON the Pendulum----> Foucault Vision!!!!

That will show those nerdy Cal & Stanford Bastids whose got the real Nerd Cred!!!!!!!

Now that you mention it, they should scrap the new scoreboard entirely and replace it with the pendulum.

So here's your morning update. I'll try to post another one depending on how the day goes. I was also able to figure out the digital camera situation so I have fresh, quality pics for you today. I'll get the boring stuff out of the way first. No movement on the field level board yet today. The north board is crawling with telecommunications guys and electricians. I saw three of their vehicles when I went to creep. My guess is that we won't see any installation going on over there for at least a week or so but I will keep checking.

Now to the good stuff. They have moved in a few more pieces of the south board. I'll let the pics speak for themselves:

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Great stuff Golden Buff. Would you mind if I started linking your photos on Rivals with credit to yourself of course.

Great stuff Golden Buff. Would you mind if I started linking your photos on Rivals with credit to yourself of course.

Please do. Other sites have done so without giving credit, so Rivals would be a shining example of e-goodness with credit given.

I'm just waiting for the Denver Post to use a photo so we can publicly rip them for it. :lol:

So here's your morning update. I'll try to post another one depending on how the day goes. I was also able to figure out the digital camera situation so I have fresh, quality pics for you today. I'll get the boring stuff out of the way first. No movement on the field level board yet today. The north board is crawling with telecommunications guys and electricians. I saw three of their vehicles when I went to creep. My guess is that we won't see any installation going on over there for at least a week or so but I will keep checking.

Now to the good stuff. They have moved in a few more pieces of the south board. I'll let the pics speak for themselves:

View attachment 9662

View attachment 9663

View attachment 9661

Where's the pendulum shot? Neg rep.

Please do. Other sites have done so without giving credit, so Rivals would be a shining example of e-goodness with credit given.

I'm just waiting for the Denver Post to use a photo so we can "assign" our rights to a BS copyright troll company and sue them for eleventy billion dollars but offer to settle for half. :lol:

Fixed.

Finally gave my first rep to Golden because some actual progress was made and it was zoomed in enough for us to actually see it. For the first few posts it looked like he was uploading the same pictures because nothing had really changed, but I didn't want to point it out in dickish form in fear he would stop updating.

Good on ya, Golden!

Finally gave my first rep to Golden because some actual progress was made and it was zoomed in enough for us to actually see it. For the first few posts it looked like he was uploading the same pictures because nothing had really changed, but I didn't want to point it out in dickish form in fear he would stop updating.

Good on ya, Golden!

When did you become a man of restraint?

Back