What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scott Frost Interview Notes and Comments

4BienemyTDs

Club Member
Club Member
Sorry that I am making two new threads tonight, but finally re-watched the game, and watched Scott Frost's interview. I want to specifically share some exact comments that Coach Frost made and some of my personal translations. After watching this interview, I think that I hate coach Frost more than any other Husker Coach, because he seems to have the most arrogance about who he and the program are at this time, and he did not show the Buffs any respect or pay them or the coaches any compliments. He lost his first game, period, and that is forever on his record, booooyaaahhh.

Quotes and comments directly from Post Game Presser:

EVERY COPY OF THE INTERVIEW NEVER STARTS WITH ANY COMPLIMENT TO THE OPPOSING TEAM, COACH MAC, OR ANYTHING RELATED TO COLORADO!!! He is pissed cause he will always know that he started his Husker Coaching Career with a LOSS to the hated Buffs, what a fantastic thing to permanently put in the record books.

"Looked like they picked up the targeting, and looked like he was going up to play the ball, and KINDA hit him. I don’t know if that is a penalty or not, Somebody smarter than me can decide that." Translation, my guy took a cheap shot, but I will make an excuse, even though my guy almost killed the other coaches son, and oh by the way, the refs suck when we do not win at home. But, it looked like someone way smarter than you did throw a flag and called it a penalty, so sorry.

"The only time we got stopped on offense was when we stopped ourselves?" Translation, our guys must have tripped on the 4th downs where we went 0-3 and the Buffs made great plays.

"Spotting them 14 points!!!" No credit to Colorado CREATING the turnovers, and putting the ball in the endzone!

"Giving up 3rd and 15’s, and 3rd and 19’s is a good way to get beat, we hurt ourselves" Not the fact that the opposing QB routinely made NFL Throws despite getting sacked 7 times. Good sign of a great player, but I am too smug to give the kid a compliment!!!

"We can’t beat ourselves because had this team not beat themselves, we would have won the game" Because Colorado sure did not beat us with all the plays they made and the 33 points they scored!!!

"Every time we found a new way to lose the game. It would be hard to find another way to beat yourself and lose a game" Other than GIVING YOUR OPPONENT SOME F-ING CREDIT FOR ACTUALLY BEATING YOU, at home, on your debut!!! A-Hole.

"We want to be aggressive, wasn’t quite late enough, we will stay aggressive, should have thrown to the right, not the left." No props to the True Sophomore Linebacker that read the play, stepped in and made the interception!!! (Pac-12 Defensive Player of the week)

"I would never make an excuse, but playing a game would have made a difference," Especially since if we play the game last week, then our opponent (that won the game anyway) would also have film on you, and would have seen the inside running plays, and the slow developing pass plays and may have played a little different defense, kind of like they did in the second half when they did much better

"If you spot any DECENT team 14 points, you are gonna lose." (Only snarky compliment he gave!) Oh thank you Mr Greatest Coach ever for that small compliment!

I hated Osborne, Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and Riley (well you cannot hate Mike Riley), but Frost has a whole new level of Husker arrogance! Hope to make him 0-4 against the Buffs, and give him a permanent blemish on his record.

The Huskers will be good, or at least better with Frost, but damn that game was awesome!

Dude, **** frosty nebraska, we are on to New Hampshire. Score? Attendance? Attire?

Just want to put a big Black and Gold Bow on a great weekend!!! Onto New Hampshire tomorrow. Still a little blood alcohol content left in my body, so stretching it out a little longer.

Sorry that I am making two new threads tonight, but finally re-watched the game, and watched Scott Frost's interview. I want to specifically share some exact comments that Coach Frost made and some of my personal translations. After watching this interview, I think that I hate coach Frost more than any other Husker Coach, because he seems to have the most arrogance about who he and the program are at this time, and he did not show the Buffs any respect or pay them or the coaches any compliments. He lost his first game, period, and that is forever on his record, booooyaaahhh.

EVERY COPY OF THE INTERVIEW NEVER STARTS WITH ANY COMPLIMENT TO THE OPPOSING TEAM, COACH MAC, OR ANYTHING RELATED TO COLORADO!!! He is pissed cause he will always know that he started his Husker Coaching Career with a LOSS to the hated Buffs, what a fantastic thing to permanently put in the record books.

"Looked like they picked up the targeting, and looked like he was going up to play the ball, and KINDA hit him. I don’t know if that is a penalty or not, Somebody smarter than me can decide that." Translation, my guy took a cheap shot, but I will make an excuse, even though my guy almost killed the other coaches son, and oh by the way, the refs suck when we do not win at home. But, it looked like someone way smarter than you did throw a flag and called it a penalty, so sorry.

"The only time we got stopped on offense was when we stopped ourselves?" Translation, our guys must have tripped on the 4th downs where we went 0-3 and the Buffs made great plays.

"Spotting them 14 points!!!" No credit to Colorado CREATING the turnovers, and putting the ball in the endzone!

"Giving up 3rd and 15’s, and 3rd and 19’s is a good way to get beat, we hurt ourselves" Not the fact that the opposing QB routinely made NFL Throws despite getting sacked 7 times. Good sign of a great player, but I am too smug to give the kid a compliment!!!

"We can’t beat ourselves because had this team not beat themselves, we would have won the game" Because Colorado sure did not beat us with all the plays they made and the 33 points they scored!!!

"Every time we found a new way to lose the game. It would be hard to find another way to beat yourself and lose a game" Other than GIVING YOUR OPPONENT SOME F-ING CREDIT FOR ACTUALLY BEATING YOU, at home, on your debut!!! A-Hole.

"We want to be aggressive, wasn’t quite late enough, we will stay aggressive, should have thrown to the right, not the left." No props to the True Sophomore Linebacker that read the play, stepped in and made the interception!!! (Pac-12 Defensive Player of the week)

"I would never make an excuse, but playing a game would have made a difference," Especially since if we play the game last week, then our opponent (that won the game anyway) would also have film on you, and would have seen the inside running plays, and the slow developing pass plays and may have played a little different defense, kind of like they did in the second half when they did much better

"If you spot any DECENT team 14 points, you are gonna lose." (Only snarky compliment he gave!) Oh thank you Mr Greatest Coach ever for that small compliment!

I hated Osborne, Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and Riley (well you cannot hate Mike Riley), but Frost has a whole new level of Husker arrogance! Hope to make him 0-4 against the Buffs, and give him a permanent blemish on his record.

The Huskers will be good, or at least better with Frost, but damn that game was awesome!
I felt the same way you do.

Articulated some of my feelings well. I'm sure he's just bitter that his first game as a coach there went down as a close loss to the Buffs. And I'm sure he's mostly trying to change the mentality of the Riley years and hold his players to a higher standard. With that said, he could've been less of a douche about it.

Looking forward to next year's game.

Move on. They're bottom dwellers in the b1g and two of three scheduled cream puffs.

This is a big win for this team. Forget the history between us and the Fuskers for a second. We lost a game like this at UCLA and another one at ASU last year. Winning on the road in that fashion in that environment is big.

OK, on to New Hampshire, but as a topper, here is a link to Frosty's presser back at UCF against SMU. I see the same theme, where it is always his team that causes close games or losses, but at the same time, he was OK giving SMU credit for playing hard or being well coached in a loss. He was obviously mad on Saturday night, but you show your true character in times of conflict and stress. If Nebraska won, we would have been applauded for being a good team that played hard and was well coached, but Nebraska found a way to win. BUT, the Big Red lost, and thus it was all the ways that the Huskers "Found ways to lose". Good riddance Frosty, see you in Boulder next year!

a husker is a husker, I hate them all but his smugness and arrogance just adds to the hatred.

It's Monday morning, I am on to something important...New Hampshire, or whomever CU is playing.

we win; they lose; **** them. they wallow in the muck of fuskerland. we move forward.

c0980035-0f76-4578-90db-e31c56d707a5_text_hi.gif

All this talk about beating themselves, led by Opie Frost, has really raised bar for the Nub circle jerk.

I would never make an excuse, except for all of these other excuses I just made.

Losing your first head coaching job in your home state to one of your biggest rivals...how could that not leave such a sour taste in your mouth? Game was full of raw emotion and its ups and downs...it happens.

Time to take on New Hampshire.

I’m so glad that I’m not the only one who sees this! When kNU announced the hire, I made mock stories on Facebook of Landry Clarke following in the footsteps of his hero and mentor Coach Eric Taylor, of course none of my husker fan friends got the FNL reference. My wife understood though, so I felt validated enough.

Back